[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest BLu3HaZe

Checked out this yesterday night and it replaced Seb's debranded Viviacity ROM, and must say, this looks awesome!!

Well done and Thank You!! to all who worked on this smile.gif

Does take a fair bit of space, but is extremely responsive, doesn't feel like a beta at all. Way more than GB as I usually keep the speed locked at 320/122, battery issues wink.gif Still there's almost no noticeable lag so can live with it.

Was going to keep as the everyday ROM but still there are a bit of issues which don't exactly allow that.

First boot (didn't see it posted anywhere so didn't know what it'd look like) -

screenshot2012041801590.png

Overall, it's very stable, even at 1GHz +, check out the screens attached. No reboots or anything, just done to see how much the Crescent could be pushed smile.gif

post-960950-0-52396400-1334762046_thumb.

post-960950-0-66693200-1334762085_thumb.

Just to report on a few minor bugs, hope you guys could iron them out later :)

The battery issue got me to restore the old ROM though, I'm not sure why the display takes so much at the lowest brightness level even. And also the battery seems to get breaks in the graph after restarting. Wiped battery stats several times and recalibrated but no change.

post-960950-0-07354700-1334762290_thumb.

The wireless is still an issue, as they seem to have a mind of their own whether to turn or not, being stuck in one state and grayed out until restarted. Even if Bluetooth is turned on after WiFi.

post-960950-0-08842200-1334762476_thumb.

post-960950-0-82321000-1334762502_thumb.

And when Bluetooth gets stuck, it usually automatically crashes and restarts. And it wasn't overclocked at any point of usual use.

Despite little issues here and there, once again, awesome ROM and thanks again for the real quick work guys!!

Guest BLu3HaZe

Not really sure but as you can see, it barely lasts 4h with light use for me. Only GSM, 5 apps only, no data, no WiFi, no Bluetooth. I use this mainly for testing; and texting wink.gif

Btw, the screen was on lowest brightness. Just a thought - Would it have something to do with different LCD and controller? I've an LG screen with Himax controller, and Synaptics 3000 series touchscreen

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest Dazzozo

Not really sure but as you can see, it barely lasts 4h with light use for me. Only GSM, 5 apps only, no data, no WiFi, no Bluetooth. I use this mainly for testing and texting wink.gif

Now that's surprising. I'm using Spotify for a hour there and back and I use data throughout the day.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Hey Daz, I was having a look around Google to find some adb commands and found this:

adb shell getevent -lp

I restarted my phone and pressed the home button once and ran that command.

I attached what I got as a .txt file, I didn't know how else to show you :P

-Ninjeh.

EDIT: Just to let you know, I disabled screen lock so I didn't have to touch the screen at all, just the home button.

adb shell getevent -lp.txt

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest BLu3HaZe

Now that's surprising. I'm using Spotify for a hour there and back and I use data throughout the day.

Check my edit, different LCD controllers need different drivers by any chance?

Oh and one strange thing I never observed on debranded GB, the screen * occasionally* flickers in this at startup like an old CRT monitor turning on and stabilizes after a few seconds. No issues again once back in GB now so don't think my screen is ruined already, and battery life is normal too.

Guest Dazzozo

Check my edit, different LCD controllers need different drivers by any chance?

Oh and one strange thing I never observed on debranded GB, the screen * occasionally* flickers in this at startup like an old CRT monitor turning on and stabilizes after a few seconds. No issues again once back in GB now so don't think my screen is ruined already, and battery life is normal too.

That is definitely something I've not observed and no one else has ever reported it. My screen instantly activates when I hit power.

Here's something that's worth a shot - see what mileage you get on CM7. People with Vivacity home button problems claim it's fine over there, so I ported across some differences in keychars earlier this week.

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to put out a new build tonight.

Guest Dazzozo

Hey Daz, I was having a look around Google to find some adb commands and found this:

adb shell getevent -lp

I restarted my phone and pressed the home button once and ran that command.

I attached what I got as a .txt file, I didn't know how else to show you :P

-Ninjeh.

I'll put out this build tonight - see if this fixes it.

Guest BenTheHuman

Have a look here mate, it's a post in the form of a tutorial..

http://androidforums...ac-address.html

Just take it slow and remember to breathe :)

Thanks for the link. im following it now. however on number 2 when it tells you to reboot it into recovery mode via power on and volume down key. it doesnt take me to the cwm thing just the ftm screen. i have tried with the rom manager app and presses boot into recovery but that doesnt work either when i connect the cable into the pc.

what is the correct thing i should be doing

Guest NinjehKitteh

I'll put out this build tonight - see if this fixes it.

I'm not sure what that means :P

But when you post it I'll flash it and give it a try :) I don't plan on going anywhere 'til later so I'll have a look around it too and have a test with the battery.

Speaking of which, I take my phone off charge about 8am, go to school and use it small bits every now and again (mainly games) and battery's about 50% when I get home at 4pm.

I turn Wi-Fi off, use no data or bluetooth, have my screen set to auto (looks like just below half brightness) and use the phone for about an hour tops.

-Ninjeh.

Guest BLu3HaZe

That is definitely something I've not observed and no one else has ever reported it. My screen instantly activates when I hit power.

Here's something that's worth a shot - see what mileage you get on CM7. People with Vivacity home button problems claim it's fine over there, so I ported across some differences in keychars earlier this week.

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to put out a new build tonight.

Didn't mean at the lockscreen Daz, or at the bootloader. Things are normal there, after the ICS boot ani, as it comes to the home screen, that too not always. Something like dark waves going from middle of the screen to the bottom, very slow refresh rate would sound right I think, slow enough to see.

Will do tonight and see, hopefully it'd be better :)

Btw, where are the WiFi tethering options? I could activate it through the notification area button, and detect from any other device but the hotspot created is secured with WPA2 and I dunno the password. And IF you do turn the AP on, normal WiFi would break and the phone would restart if you try to connect to infrastructure network.

Little issues, we can keep note here to fix later I think? :)

Guest Dazzozo

I'm not sure what that means :P

But when you post it I'll flash it and give it a try :) I don't plan on going anywhere 'til later so I'll have a look around it too and have a test with the battery.

Speaking of which, I take my phone off charge about 8am, go to school and use it small bits every now and again (mainly games) and battery's about 50% when I get home at 4pm.

I turn Wi-Fi off, use no data or bluetooth, have my screen set to auto (looks like just below half brightness) and use the phone for about an hour tops.

-Ninjeh.

That sounds about right, especially for playing games. My screen brightness obviously adjusts based on where I am - I can noticeably see it decrease a little once I get on the bus but it typically feels as if it's around half.

Guest NinjehKitteh

That sounds about right, especially for playing games. My screen brightness obviously adjusts based on where I am - I can noticeably see it decrease a little once I get on the bus but it typically feels as if it's around half.

When I say playing games, I mean less than half an hour of Unblock Me *Free* or Angry Birds Space in my English lesson :P

I don't see my screen brightness change, it seems to stay the same everywhere I go.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Didn't mean at the lockscreen Daz, or at the bootloader. Things are normal there, after the ICS boot ani, as it comes to the home screen, that too not always. Something like dark waves going from middle of the screen to the bottom, very slow refresh rate would sound right I think, slow enough to see.

Will do tonight and see, hopefully it'd be better :)

Btw, where are the WiFi tethering options? I could activate it through the notification area button, and detect from any other device but the hotspot created is secured with WPA2 and I dunno the password. And IF you do turn the AP on, normal WiFi would break and the phone would restart if you try to connect to infrastructure network.

Little issues, we can keep note here to fix later I think? :)

I think tethering in general needs a bit of love before it's going to work. Networking-wise I want to remove Bluetooth's dependency on Wi-Fi next.

Guest Dazzozo

When I say playing games, I mean less than half an hour of Unblock Me *Free* or Angry Birds Space in my English lesson :P

Still seems about right. When the phone is active don't expect it to last days.

I don't see my screen brightness change, it seems to stay the same everywhere I go.

These phones man. These phones. They seem to differ based on the weather.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Daz, could you point out which stuff I should check for my display driver? Newb to Android and surely not as easy to figure out OSE in older SE's, but I like experimenting smile.gif

Guest NinjehKitteh

Still seems about right. When the phone is active don't expect it to last days.

I charge it every night anyway so it doesn't bother me that much, just thought I'd let you know.

These phones man. These phones. They seem to differ based on the weather.

And it seemed to change a lot in Gingerbread, although it's at a good level pretty much all the time now whereas on Gingerbread it seemed to get really dark.

And, another issue here, my phone seems to restart itself. Maybe 3 times a day, usually when I'm at home though.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

And, another issue here, my phone seems to restart itself. Maybe 3 times a day, usually when I'm at home though.

-Ninjeh.

There are a couple of random crashes still lurking about but it's much more stable than back in early March. I get one maybe once every two days.

Guest Dazzozo

Daz, could you point out which stuff I should check for my display driver? Newb to Android and surely not as easy to figure out OSE in older SE's, but I like experimenting smile.gif

Not really sure what you're after.

Guest BLu3HaZe

I think tethering in general needs a bit of love before it's going to work. Networking-wise I want to remove Bluetooth's dependency on Wi-Fi next.

Can live without normal tethering, it's reverse tethering many are waiting for. But atleast, DUN is now there and by some good luck, it connects even! But the phone doesn't recognize that as a way to access data though the access point gets connected to the internet.

Btw, the remote control profile is a nice addon, with the mouse pointer like in a tablet wink.gif

Guest NinjehKitteh

There are a couple of random crashes still lurking about but it's much more stable than back in early March. I get one maybe once every two days.

I've had it since the most recent update and it's been pretty stable all of the time. A few bits every now and again but it's good for a WIP.

Great job :D

-Ninjeh.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Not really sure what you're after.

The display and touchscreen driver? Maybe I can edit some stuff and see if something works

Oh as the touchscreen is less responsive in CM9 than in Seb's, while the UI is much faster

Edited by BLu3HaZe