[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

After clearing cache and dalvik cache, a2sd seems to have stoped working. running a2sd repair. it rebooted

A lot of pop ups comes after boot saying most of my applications failed to start.

the dalvik cache seems to have been created in internal memory. Its almost full. running a2sd cachesd.

Guest Dazzozo

A lot of pop ups comes after boot saying most of my applications failed to start.

the dalvik cache seems to have been created in internal memory. Its almost full. running a2sd cachesd.

You'll probably want cachesdreset, or issue a dalvik wipe in recovery.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Plug USB in with USB debugging enabled and type "adb logcat > logcat.txt" in a CMD window the second you power it on. When everything's up and running, hit CTRL + C in the CMD window and grab logcat.txt from the folder CMD was in at the time.

Cool I'll give this a go, might take a bit longer than I thought though as I've just had a text from my girlfriend who is a bit trapped in Europe so it might not be the best time for me to be reflashing my phone :S

Guest welshrage

just a lil question... the stock rom came with fm radio yeah? if so are we gonna have an fm radio on this? i quite likes bobbin round work wi me earphones in since they banned the radio over the loudspeakers in work

Guest MadEye Moody

I wiped data using recovery. Not at my PC now to try something usefull. Will put the apps when I reach home, which would be tommorow evening

Guest Dazzozo

just a lil question... the stock rom came with fm radio yeah? if so are we gonna have an fm radio on this? i quite likes bobbin round work wi me earphones in since they banned the radio over the loudspeakers in work

This just came up in IRC too... FM Radio doesn't actually exist yet in CM9, so I can't really provide functionality that's not supported by the OS! :P

Guest rymate1234

I use an app called Tunein. Better quality than FM, and no chance of losing signal :)

Guest Dazzozo

She's up, have at her. ;)

Camera might be a little temperamental but that's the case for all devices. I'll look in to front camera and I should definitely have the Vivacity home button fixed in the next build.

Vivacitiers, we still need that logcat from boot.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

She's up, have at her. ;)

Camera might be a little temperamental but that's the case for all devices. I'll look in to front camera and I should definitely have the Vivacity home button fixed in the next build.

Vivacitiers, we still need that logcat from boot.

Where do you want it? :D

Also does my logcat contain any personally identifiable information?

Edited by BrideOfTheAtom

Guest Dazzozo

Where do you want it? :D

Also does my logcat contain any personally identifiable information?

Pastebin, and no, but if you use gmail or the email app just check it over for the obvious (like your email address, etc) and remove those lines.

There are no meaningful unique identifiers like location or anything.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Pastebin, and no, but if you use gmail or the email app just check it over for the obvious (like your email address, etc) and remove those lines.

There are no meaningful unique identifiers like location or anything.

It was the first boot so I hadn't signed into anything, is it okay that it just got to the welcome screen?

Guest tilal6991

My suggestion which may or may not work: make a file in /system/usr/keylayout called synaptics-rmi4-ts.kl with the same contents as blade2_keypad.kl.

Guest Dazzozo

can i just wipe cache and install this over or do i need to do a complete wipe again for this build?

You can do either. But I will only provide support for the wipe option.