[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Well that's a confidence boost. :ph34r:

I don't owe you confidence. Don't flash it if you can't deal with something prerelease, because that's what this is.

Guest stokietom

I don't owe you confidence. Don't flash it if you can't deal with something prerelease, because that's what this is.

Please could you quote where I said anything about you owing me anything?

Guest Dazzozo

Please could you quote where I said anything about you owing me anything?

Please could you quote where I said you said anything about me owing you anything?

Guest Dazzozo

I wasn't aware that said "you said I owe you confidence".

No need for large text, we can solve this intelligently and maturely.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

On an atmel vivacity, with working and broken keys. The one you got from the app didn't have a long enough history

Should I install this ROM again and logcat it, then install the home-patch-r2 and logcat that?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Should I install this ROM again and logcat it, then install the home-patch-r2 and logcat that?

-Ninjeh.

If you could do it across USB from boot ("adb logcat > logcat1.txt" etc) instead of with an app, then that would be perfect.

Bear in mind you will lose your buttons but that's easily fixed by just deleting /system/usr/keylayout/atmel-touchscreen.kl from ADB or terminal emulator.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, there's a new zip http://crescent.thebronasium.com/29042012-cm9-blade2-tmo-home-patch-r5.zip

but it works just the same as r2 if you still have that.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

If you could do it across USB from boot ("adb logcat > logcat1.txt" etc) instead of with an app, then that would be perfect.

Bear in mind you will lose your buttons but that's easily fixed by just deleting /system/usr/keylayout/atmel-touchscreen.kl from ADB or terminal emulator.

I don't have the app anyway :P And I'm okay with losing the buttons for a while, I survived yesterday until I downgraded :P

And wasn't there another way you suggested yesterday from adb that involved no deleting?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I don't have the app anyway :P And I'm okay with losing the buttons for a while, I survived yesterday until I downgraded :P

And wasn't there another way you suggested yesterday from adb that involved no deleting?

-Ninjeh.

The way I suggested was deleting, not sure if there was anything else as at the moment it doesn't matter what's in atmel-touchscreen.kl, if it exists at all you have no buttons. We have the right atmel-touchscreen.kl but the wrong something else, and it's figuring out what that something else is which is the problem at the moment.

Guest NinjehKitteh

The way I suggested was deleting, not sure if there was anything else as at the moment it doesn't matter what's in atmel-touchscreen.kl, if it exists at all you have no buttons. We have the right atmel-touchscreen.kl but the wrong something else, and it's figuring out what that something else is which is the problem at the moment.

Do I have to go through the device setup? Or will USB Debugging be enabled already?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Do I have to go through the device setup? Or will USB Debugging be enabled already?

-Ninjeh.

I think it's enabled by default still. You'll find out when it says "device not found" if it's not, anyway. ;)

Guest Dazzozo

The first logcat is so long that it's more than cmd shows. What do I do?

-Ninjeh.

Pipe it in to a file instead. e.g adb logcat > logcat1.txt

Hit CTRL + C to end it when you're at the setup wizard.

Yes that means you'll have to start again. :P

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Stokietom, if you intend on installing any rom on your phone you really should read up on it first. If you read up on CyanogenMod 9 you would know it's not complete yet, on ANY phone, it's not even beta yet. It's still being developed. The difference between CM9 (ICS) and Gingerbread is that ICS (and therefore CM9) is hardware accelerated, so it needs linux drivers for all the parts of our phones which, for some parts, don't seem to exist or will be very hard to find/integrate.

Dazzozo (and originally Fuzzra) are trying their best to get it to work on our phones, it hasn't been designed to do so, ZTE never intended on giving us ICS and they've had no help whatsoever from ZTE themselves, more like hindrance then help really.

So Daz is right, he doesn't owe you confidence, he doesn't owe any of us anything, he's doing this for nothing (except donations if you feel like it and appreciate his efforts).

It's an easy rule to remember, if you don't feel confident using a WIP rom (which includes any of the roms here, they're all works in progress, none will ever probably be truly "finished") then STICK WITH STOCK.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

You sure you did these from the green droid screen? They seem to be missing the very initial start up part.

They should start with...

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/cm ( 98): Welcome to Android 4.0.4 / CyanogenMod-9.0.0-RC0-blade2-UNOFFICIAL
I/cm ( 99): _
I/cm ( 100): __ __ _ ___ _ _ __ ___ __ _ _ _ _ __ __))
I/cm ( 101): ((_ \(/'((_( ((\( ((_)((_( (('((\( ((`1( ((_)((_(
I/cm ( 102): )) _))
I/cm ( 103):
[/CODE]

fr0do's were the same as yours, but the guy who gave one yesterday must've done something differently as his included the EventHub info.

Guest NinjehKitteh

You sure you did these from the green droid screen?

Positive :) As soon as it was on the droid screen, I typed it in and hit enter :)

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Positive :) As soon as it was on the droid screen, I typed it in and hit enter :)

-Ninjeh.

I have no idea what's causing it to be missing then, really weird.

Guest NinjehKitteh

If you can get to terminal emulator you can run

"su"

"mount -o remount,rw /system"

"cd system/usr/keylayout"

"rm atmel-touchscreen.kl"

to restore it. Will need a reboot.

Trying to do this isn't working, it comes up with

"rm failed for atmel-touchscreen.kl. No such file or directory

255|app_16@android:/system/usr/keylayout #"

Guest Dazzozo

Trying to do this isn't working, it comes up with

"rm failed for atmel-touchscreen.kl. No such file or directory

255|app_16@android:/system/usr/keylayout #"

type "ls". Is atmel-touchscreen.kl even there?

Guest Dazzozo

Nope :/

Shall I list all that's there for you?

(P.S. WOOP! Post 1,000! :D)

-Ninjeh.

Well if it's not there there's nothing to remove. Try a reboot and see if your buttons work?

Guest NinjehKitteh

Well if it's not there there's nothing to remove. Try a reboot and see if your buttons work?

I rebooted and it still doesn't work. I went into the Terminal again and atmel-touchscreen.kl isn't there still so I'm not sure what to do :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I rebooted and it still doesn't work. I went into the Terminal again and atmel-touchscreen.kl isn't there still so I'm not sure what to do :/

-Ninjeh.

Now that is VERY strange. Try removing synaptics-rmi4-ts.kl in the same folder and rebooting... this could prove useful.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Now that is VERY strange. Try removing synaptics-rmi4-ts.kl in the same folder and rebooting... this could prove useful.

I didn't see that on the list either. This is all sounding confusing, everything that should be here isn't?

-Ninjeh.