[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

@dazz How do you get that to work? Do you change the dpi to some low number?

Yes, but it also needs some services.jar hacks, as without those you get System UI force quits.

Guest Dazzozo

CM9 still not going into deep sleep for me

I'm losing 10% in an hour, what the hell? I've hardly installed anything, got only Beautiful Widgets clock on my screens. Why is it not sleeping?

Must be Beautiful Widgets. I even have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on and it seems to be sleeping.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

Yes, but it also needs some services.jar hacks, as without those you get System UI force quits.

Aww, I so want it now :(

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Aww, I so want it now

-Ninjeh.

I'll release it, I just need to figure out the best way to package it for all the ROMs.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Just googled it and found this...

Hey all, if anyone else has been using Better Battery Stats on the new ICS roms, you may have noticed a process called AudioOut_1 as being a big culprit in the partial wakelock department. Doing some research, there was a thread on it in the GNexus boards here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1389214

Reading through, it appears to stop this from happening, you do the following and it goes away (very strange):

Settings > Sound

Uncheck "Touch sounds"

Uncheck "Screen lock sound"

P.S. I've seen this in two ICS ROMS now:

XXLPQ

XWLP2

Guest Dazzozo

Just googled it and found this...

That would be it! I disable both of these as soon as I install ICS, mostly because I find them goddamn annoying.

Guest Josef Prusa

The voice search is not working for me - (Running latest on Vivacity)

Second that. Anybody any idea how to make the Voice Search (and the voice input) work? Vivacity here, too.

Thanks

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Gawd! Managed to get deep sleep working now but I still lost 11% in a couple of hours. Why is the battery going so quick? I can last all night on CM7 with the same loss.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Gawd! Managed to get deep sleep working now but I still lost 11% in a couple of hours. Why is the battery going so quick? I can last all night on CM7 with the same loss.

The battery life was even worse for me on MIUI but that's understandable as an Early WIP

-Ninjeh.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Ah well, just have to hope now that code freeze is in effect that the little niggles with the rom can be sorted out and hopefully this'll be one of em :)

Guest dodgetimmy

My battery life is similar on fish n chips Psy. Think it was the same oh CM9 when I installed it too.

I have tried all the tweaks out there.

I'm using CPU tuners extreme profile. using the conservative govener.

According to my battery stats, talk time is around 6h and online video about 2h 10m if you have anything to compare those figures.

Guest misodoctakleidist

I have followed PsYcHoKiLLa's suggestion of turning off those UI sounds, and I have also installed the latest version of this ROM. I don't know which one did it, but my battery life seems to have improved dramatically.

It could also be something to do with the fact that I'm no longer overclocking due to the performance enhancements in the last update.

Guest MadEye Moody

I get good battery life (20-30hrs) on most days with R6 onwards, but on some days either google maps or something about usb_bus_active drains the battery :(.

In those cases, the phone heats up, so I'll know if something's wrong and I would either restart the phone or force stop the maps app

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Well, much better performance now. Lost 10% in 14 hours (No use in that time, just sleeping)!! Much happier with that obviously.

Guest domenico lamberti

i can honestly say the Linaro enhancements are mega, i dont need to OC and the only thing i've done is turned off screen animations and forced GPU ,its pretty perfect now, and my battery is a zillion times better

Edited by domenico lamberti

Guest thanga005

i installed the latest version 15/6 today and i noticed these,

did anyone have problem with gmail not syncing unless the application was opened, or its just for me,

and also gtalk was signing in and just shows all online buddys as not available even though they are available, and last of all ebay notifications are not at all notified,

some one please help me here