[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest stokietom

This ROM really improves the speed of my phone so much but the battery drain is still present! :(

Would deleting the battery stats in CWM be a good idea? Should I charge my phoen to 100% first? I just don't seem to get more than 4 hours usage!

Guest AmbushReality
This ROM really improves the speed of my phone so much but the battery drain is still present! :(

Would deleting the battery stats in CWM be a good idea? Should I charge my phoen to 100% first? I just don't seem to get more than 4 hours usage!

I actually flashed this last night, and after changing some options, the battery drain is less than gingerbread

Guest b4da55

I agree I had 1% a min battery use but after reading a blade thread I turned off auto brightness and use notification bar to adjust and now is a lot better.

Guest SpLinterOgr

First of all, guys, sorry for deluding you. My English language skills failed me.

My question was about flash, not flashlight or torch. Flash doesn't work in any camera app: Camera, Camera 360, Camera FX and so on...

And one more question: sometimes phone suddenly hangs up and then goes to reboot. It can be in any app, I don't find any correlation.

Edited by SpLinterOgr

Guest FrankyG

Auto brightness is a killer.

How is the brightness slider supposed to work? I've turned off auto brightness, rebooted. Press on the notification bar and then slide right or left? Nothing happens for me. Am I missing something?

Cheers

Guest stokietom

I actually flashed this last night, and after changing some options, the battery drain is less than gingerbread

What other options did you change? Would really like to know. :)

Thanks

Guest Dazzozo

How is the brightness slider supposed to work? I've turned off auto brightness, rebooted. Press on the notification bar and then slide right or left? Nothing happens for me. Am I missing something?

Cheers

Should work... if you really can't get it to work you could just use a notification power button to toggle through the brightness options.

Guest FrankyG

You have to enable it then slide it while its at top of screen

Enable it how? I've switched off auto brightness is there something else I need to do?

Guest MadEye Moody

Enable it how? I've switched off auto brightness is there something else I need to do?

Its somewhere in settings-> advanced -> statusbar or somewhere.... Just go through any settings that might be related to display.

I'm currently trying out the CM7 build, the ADW launcher thing seems to be crawling instead of running and the phone went from 100 to 1% in 12:30 hours. It might get better after a couple of charge cycles.

Guest FrankyG

Its somewhere in settings-> advanced -> statusbar or somewhere.... Just go through any settings that might be related to display.

I'm currently trying out the CM7 build, the ADW launcher thing seems to be crawling instead of running and the phone went from 100 to 1% in 12:30 hours. It might get better after a couple of charge cycles.

Yeah I've checked the settings - can't see anything re the statubar, maybe it's not in CM9? anyone running CM9 using the sliding brightness feature?

EDIT - aha! found it and it's working! Cheers...

Edited by FrankyG

Guest SpLinterOgr

Yep. You have to go to Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Brightness control and mark the check box.

It works for me.

Edited by SpLinterOgr

Guest UndauntedOlly

Great work guys, this is brilliant!

The one thing missing after I installed R10 a couple of days ago was the Orange UK Signal Boost app. I've had a play and taking input from what other people have done to other ROMs for other phones and quite a lot of wading through log files for errors... I've managed to get it working on my phone!

Here is a description of what to do to repeat what I've done (I'm new at poking around Android, so I'd like some other people to test it out):

l needed to do all the stuff to copy files to /system (i.e. su and remount etc.)

Copy these files from the stock Orange SF2 ROM to your SF2 running CyonogenMod 9 R10:

/system/app/ZTE-CREATL-GB-2.3-49341-03.2.apk

/system/lib/libdsucsdappif_apis.so

/system/lib/libganril.so

/system/lib/libkineto/so

/system/lib/librilswitch.so

/system/wifi/kineto_gan.ko

overwrite these files

/system/lib/libril-qc-1.so

/system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so

Append the following to your /system/build.prop file

#

# 3 lines added for Orange Signal Boost

#

rild.libpath=/system/lib/librilswitch.so

rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-1.so

rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so

Append the following to your /default.prop file:

#

# 1 line added for Orange Signal Boost

#

rild.libpath=/system/lib/librilswitch.so

Once all that's done, restart the phone, find the Signal Boost app and enable it.

Hopefully, after 10-20secs the red house will turn green as long as you've got a strong enough WiFi signal.

I'm sure there's a way of doing all that via an automated adb script, but I'm sure someone else who's done that before will be quicker at creating it.

In other news, I've noticed that the phone on rare occasions freezes up and restarts itself (before I started playing with the Signal Boost app). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to track down what's causing it? I suspect it's even done it overnight in airplane mode as I *think* the volume levels had reset to default by the morning.

I hope some others find that useful.

Guest MadEye Moody

Jelly Bean 'will be' CM10. The AOSP is said to come out some time this month and the CM team need to port all the CM mods into it to make CM10.

@Daz any idea if it could be runnable in the crescent? I read in omgdroid that there are not as extensive changes between ICS and JB as with GB and ICS. Does it mean we have some hope?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/117962666888533781522/posts/PNJutPNhixo

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Sorry for bothering you Daz but,

I'm trying to create an ICS pattern lock theme for CM7, so far I've managed to extract the following files from the CM9 framework file in the drawable hdpi folder;

btn_code_lock_default.png

btn_code_lock_touched.png

indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_red_up.png

indicator_code_lock_point_area_default.png

indicator_code_lock_point_area_green.png

indicator_code_lock_point_area_red.png

Would it now be a simple case of opening up the CM7 framework apk, inserting the new lockscreen pngs and replacing the old ones? Then what would I do after that? What settings should I use for packaging it into a zip and can it just be flashed via CWM?

Thanks

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest Dazzozo

There aren't any settings for packaging it as a zip. You'd have to assemble an updater-script yourself. You might be able to gamble with root explorering it across and quickly rebooting the device and wiping cache, though.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

There aren't any settings for packaging it as a zip. You'd have to assemble an updater-script yourself. You might be able to gamble with root explorering it across and quickly rebooting the device and wiping cache, though.

Ah I see, is there any other way I could do this then? I don't like the sound of that. Is MetaMorph easy to use?

I've managed to achieve this, unsure if either will work.

First is the original apk framework-res from CM7 with the ICS lockscreen files (Stated above) in it, replacing the old ones.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5IQUxhoTn2XVVJiek01OGRNek0/edit

Secondly, the framework-res file from CM7 with the ICS lockscreen files also pasted in, but in zip form.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5IQUxhoTn2XWnRGVDhIdzRsa0k

I don't know what to do now as I'm completely oblivious when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest Dazzozo

Never heard of it.

Your other option would be replacing it in the original ROM zip, re-flashing that and wiping cache.

Edit: In other news I just put the Kineto Signal Boost zip up.

Edited by Dazzozo