I have one! Got questions? Fire away!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FrankieADZ

yeah, ive seen them. if they offered it at £200 then id get 1 straight the way. but i keep coming bk to the G300 for some reason.

Guest FrankieADZ

Right, I didnt know where to put this & i didnt really want to start a new thread either, but I have a feeling it will probably be asked sometime tho.

I ordered a MagicSIm dual Sim adaptor, well today I tried it(it was a non-cut version) & it worked; Although the back casing wouldnt shut, so if you was wanting to get an adaptor I'd say go for the cut version.

hope this helps someone, if your unsure ask the site before you order; really know there stuff :)

*& no..I dont run the site or work for them :P

here's the site: http://www.magic-sim.com/

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest punjabi

Right, I didnt know where to put this & i didnt really want to start a new thread either, but I have a feeling it will probably be asked sometime tho.

I ordered a MagicSIm dual Sim adaptor, well today I tried it(it was a non-cut version) & it worked; Although the back casing wouldnt shut, so if you was wanting to get an adaptor I'd say go for the cut version.

hope this helps someone, if your unsure ask the site before you order; really know there stuff :)

*& no..I dont run the site or work for them :P

A least give us the link for the cut version. It'll just make it easier for the rest of us...

Guest DVDeus

Hi there,

I didn't go through the whole topic, so sorry for asking the same questions..

How is the TFT screen of G300 compared to OLED of SF?

Is screen really unresponsive?

How fast does it take a shot compared to SF (2.3)?

How fast does GPS locate you?

Thanks!

Guest FrownBreaker

Hi there,

I didn't go through the whole topic, so sorry for asking the same questions..

How is the TFT screen of G300 compared to OLED of SF?

Is screen really unresponsive?

How fast does it take a shot compared to SF (2.3)?

How fast does GPS locate you?

Thanks!

I've the old OLED SF and the G300 holds up very well. The faster CPU mean a very fluid playback and it seems to play AVI.

What is lost in the OLED to LCD transition is more than catered for by the CPU and hard accelerating which has adanced alot since the Blade. The screen is good but remeber to turn brightness to Max.

The touch screen is a bit fussy, but the new ROM from yesterday fixes this by all reports. I think its just tuning parameters for the phone.

GPS location seems fast (a few seconds)

The Fast boot is amazing from Cold to booted in a aorund 10-15seconds. Much better thant the Blade.

I had an OLED Blade, and LCD Blade and the Skate. I prefer the G300 the screen on the Skate was very nice (size and colours) the G300 is marginally smaller. What I was shocked by is how fast and fluid the CPU / GPU combo is on the G300. As has been pointed out the G300 is like the Galaxy S in raw power. I think having used the Blade from release has meant I did not realise what I had been missing!

Guest Davidoff59

19 seconds total from clicking open Google maps to getting my location with gps alone. First time opening a map so that's from a cold boot as they say. Impressive. It could take minutes before on the blade.

Guest Davidoff59

19 seconds total from clicking open Google maps to getting my location with gps alone. First time opening a map so that's from a cold boot as they say. Impressive. It could take minutes before on the blade.

Guest Davidoff59

Guest Davidoff59

Guest KasioPC

do you think it will be able to shoot 720p videos ? 1ghz devices usually do it

Don't think so, the maximum is 840 x 480 I think - maybe someone will be able to hack it to shoot 720

Guest Daniel Meah

Is it HSUPA enabled and working? And are pings good? (On Speedtest app)

With my SF2 get 300+ Ping and 300K Upload, Yet with my x10 Mini i can get 80 Ping and 2Mbit up.

Guest Davidoff59

I think upload speeds are throttled generally by network providers.

Getting around 300kbps upload, 137ms ping with 1 bar signal on giffgaff.

Someone would prob need to test on wifi to see how fast it goes

Guest Daniel Meah

I think upload speeds are throttled generally by network providers.

Getting around 300kbps upload, 137ms ping with 1 bar signal on giffgaff.

Someone would prob need to test on wifi to see how fast it goes

Try give us an update once you get better signal. I know giffgaff do NOT cap speeds.

Guest Davidoff59

I am pretty certain they cap upload speeds to stop file sharing and such.

357 upload with 3 bars signal.

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest FrankieADZ

How visible is the screen in direct sunlight?

ive found i can see it ok(on full brightness) in sunlight. but then again its a wee bit difficult i tend to find the sun in my eyes most the time

Guest BundersLeague

Can it run Aros Android hosted?

In case you don't know what that is (And why would you?):

Project homepage: http://aros.sourceforge.net/

youtube video of Aros Android Hosted running on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus

[media=]

Base system for Android hosted environment:

http://netcologne.dl...-system.tar.bz2

I appreciate if it's a bit of a faff to see if it works so don't put yourself out but I have to ask.

Thanks!

Andy.

• 2 months later...