[KERNEL] S series kernel for "all" custom ROMs

Guest C3C0

Everything is possible :) as I wrote in the first post - it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be better on CM roms. Let's wait for others to report. Plegdroid already did in cfx thread and has different experience.

I suppose you are using the latest one. Should say #8 in settings/about phone.

Edited by C3C0

Guest gacama
Everything is possible :) as I wrote in the first post - it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be better on CM roms. Let's wait for others to report. Plegdroid already did in cfx thread and has different experience.

I suppose you are using the latest one. Should say #8 in settings/about phone.

Yes i've flashed this one

Guest gacama

I'm happy with bt fix it is a great reason for use this kernel but for me, battery drain is very heavy, but really good work and good luck with cam issue ;)

Guest plegdroid

is anyone with heavy battery drain using bt? I don't use it and freeze out bt sharing. just trying to think of logical reasons to why my battery is lasting longer than others at this moment I've got 56% left.

post-910238-133537971361_thumb.png

Of course bt won't sleep when connection with some bt device is active. (E.g. headset).It sleeps only when there's no "traffic".

I did test with bt activated, but without connection and i had zero battery drain within half hour test.

Edited by C3C0

Guest plegdroid

Of course bt won't sleep when connection with some bt device is active. (E.g. headset).It sleeps only when there's no "traffic".

I did test with bt activated, but without connection and i had zero battery drain within half hour test.

excuse my ignorance, but is that good or bad I have no frame of reference for how bt should expect to behave :D :)

Guest plegdroid

like I mentioned on the cfx thread anything I don't use gets frozen out, just trying to get clarity to why other people have heavy drain, I like problems:lol: :D

Guest trueno2k

Hi all, just thought I mention a bug I have found with this kernel, most times it occurs when I do fresh boot/reboot, the screen flickers violently ( however I couldn't get screenshots as the tool doesn't capture the flicker for some strange reason ), it sometimes violently start flickering when I use certain apps ( but I can't remember which )... Was just wondering whether others are experiencing this aswell?... After quite some time the flicker starts to disapear and all is okay, but unsure if this flicker will reappear... If and when I get time tomorrow evening or at the weekend I try to get a video ( although might not be great quality but try my best ) uploaded to show what I mean...

Okay folks night night, off to sleep for work @5am D:

Related probably to new KGSL. I am experiencing the same behavior also on original tilal's kernel.

For me it happens quite rarely. Not often.

I couldn't find any connection what's starting it. Looks to happen randomly.

Edited by C3C0

I don't have a generic one. It is part of skatie. You can get the boot.img via kitchen but it'll have skatie logo showing at boot. You could ask dev of your rom to make a new boot for you . What rom are you using?

Guest trueno2k
Related probably to new KGSL. I am experiencing the same behavior also on original tilal's kernel.

For me it happens quite rarely. Not often.

I couldn't find any connection what's starting it. Looks to happen randomly.

Same here!... I flashed my nandroid backup I did last night before flashing your S3 kernel and the screen starting doing the same flickering, except now its subsided and now back to normal... I occasionally sometimes get the slight flicker bit not as bad as when I had your S3 kernel on this handset though!... Could it be something to do with the adreno 2xx drivers that tilal implemented in the latest CFX?

Anyways, hope the cause can be explained soon...

Guest snarkavenger

Magic! I haven't had any of the problems anyone else experienced and battery life is amazing. I'm using Ice Armor III ROM, I backed up, flashed the kernal, charged and calibrated the battery on Wednesday. I charged the phone Thursday morning, made my usual number of calls, medium internet usage it's now been 1D 3H + on battery with 40% remaining with Display taking 29% and WIFI and Browser another 43% between them.

Guest dibbles

Groan I have got a real big problem here...

Being a silly muppet I flashed this Kernel over an install of Atomic ICS and now the phone will not boot.

No problem I thought as I held the vol down key and it boots into CWM. However none of the phones keys work even though it boots into CWM.

So I then held the vol up key and booted the phone and I see the charging symbol. However the PC says that the device is not recognised and I can't seem to get the ADB command...

adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot-windows.exe reboot

...to work as it states device not found.

Please help as I really really need my phone :(

EDIT: Managed to resolve most of the issues as I got the phone to be recognised by changing both the USB cable and USB port being used. Flashed using ADB the recovery image 4.0.1.4 and the phone now boots fine. But that version of CWM will not recognised my backups as they were made with the CWM 5 version, I assume. Off to find that one now....Phew :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest dibbles

LOL - it was a hairy moment when I seemed to be thwarted at point.! When I couldn't use ADB I thought that I was stuffed. Anyway all sorted now. I decided to just keep to CWM 4.0.1.4 and install the ROM anew.

Guest Coffer52

I don't have a generic one. It is part of skatie. You can get the boot.img via kitchen but it'll have skatie logo showing at boot. You could ask dev of your rom to make a new boot for you . What rom are you using?

Hi, Sorry been out all day I'm using Atomicmod Dolby (ICS) beta 1.

Cheers

Guest trueno2k
Magic! I haven't had any of the problems anyone else experienced and battery life is amazing. I'm using Ice Armor III ROM, I backed up, flashed the kernal, charged and calibrated the battery on Wednesday. I charged the phone Thursday morning, made my usual number of calls, medium internet usage it's now been 1D 3H + on battery with 40% remaining with Display taking 29% and WIFI and Browser another 43% between them.

Oh I forgot to mention that I flashed the ICS version of the S3 kernel which I had the flickering screen... I still haven't got round to flashing the S3 kernel filming the bug that is forcing me to stay with Lalit's original CFX kernel ( just feeling ever so lazy atm :P )... I'll try to get round to doing it tomorrow :P

Guest trueno2k

As promised my video of this unusual flickering with the screen using the S3 kernel (shown below)... Although the new 28/04 CFX build is also doing this anomaly as well, however this only happened when I restored a backup of 28/04 build on to my handset, just don't understand what is causing this weird bug... :(

Apologise for the crappy recording as I could only find a 6 year old camera to do the recording as none of the other handsets had a camera preview working :P

Edited by trueno2k