Gr1 B888 - Huawei G300 Stock ROM DUO [Deodexed-Updated-Optimised]

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FrankieADZ

Did you do a full wipe in CWM before running the .zip?

u dont install B888 via CWM, you do it via the huawei install method.

Guest DeviousScissors

u dont install B888 via CWM, you do it via the huawei install method.

The DUO one is done with CWM, and given what thread this is, I assume that's what he's talking about.

Guest FrankieADZ

The DUO one is done with CWM, and given what thread this is, I assume that's what he's talking about.

yeah, if hes one about Pauls ROM then ur correct :)

my mistake

Guest nikopol1

Nice Rom - working well so far. Noticed one odd thing with it is that the English selected is Slovakian English (That's got to be an error surely?). Haven't noticed

any craziness in the spellchecking though so it may just be a bug in the system. Anybody else got that?

Guest eirlysbill1

Awesome. Can I just flash this over my stock B885, and then restore a backup without worrying about changed partitions?

In theory!

P

@ Paul O'Brien

Hi, Paul

Am I wrong in thinking that your build of the B888, doesn't change the partition like the Demo one does? To my limited knowledge, that's what it seems like you are saying above; or do I have that all wrong?

So, in theory, I could flash your Gr1 B888, and the partitions in my phone would be changed back to their original sizes, thus making it possible to re-flash a stock Vodafone rom if needed?

Thanks for your time,

Bill

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

@ Paul O'Brien

Hi, Paul

Am I wrong in thinking that your build of the B888, doesn't change the partition like the Demo one does? To my limited knowledge, that's what it seems like you are saying above; or do I have that all wrong?

So, in theory, I could flash your Gr1 B888, and the partitions in my phone would be changed back to their original sizes, thus making it possible to re-flash a stock Vodafone rom if needed?

Thanks for your time,

Bill

No, I'm afraid I don't think it works like that. If it is just a flashable ROM then it is not going actively do anything with the partition layout. For that you would need a TPT (Total Phone Transfer) or an update file of the same style b888 used. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong, though.

No, I'm afraid I don't think it works like that. If it is just a flashable ROM then it is not going actively do anything with the partition layout. For that you would need a TPT (Total Phone Transfer) or an update file of the same style b888 used. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong, though.

You are correct,only a TPT can effect partitions.

Guest eirlysbill1

thanks... thought it might be a bit of long shot. I'm sure people on here are saying that the update did change partitions, so only another one like it, or a TPT would change them back? I'm not overly concerned, at this point, as the phone has been great so far. No signs that I'll ever need a warranty, but you never know.

Ta

PS: so, can Paul's be flashed on top of the Demo B888?? Or, would there be trouble if you did?

I think Bumps asked if anyone tried it yet but I don't think anyone's replied?

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Anyone else getting wifi problems here?

I reset my router,but wifi drops all the time even when sat at computer right next to it.

Not for me. WiFi has been solid as a rock over the past few days.

Not for me. WiFi has been solid as a rock over the past few days.

Ok thanks,maybe my provider is having problem.Its no big deal as I dont use wifi,it was just till my unlock code arrived.

Guest orangeman2003

nice cheers paul :)

When can we expect to see rom kitchen?

Just bought my G300 and dont know if to install this and then wait or if rom kitchen is just around the corner ill hold on a few days :)

Many thanks!

Guest eirlysbill1

WiFi OK here!

No this doesn't change partitions... and can be flashed over stock B888 no problem. :)

P

Thanks mate

Guest t-bon3

If you still have the vodafone apps then you need to go into CWM recovery and format the /cust partition to clear these out.