[ROM][ZTE Skate] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (STABLE) - Android 2.3.7 (31/10/12)

Guest C3C0

Guest WiiSky70

Nothing new so no reason to update. You can use official nightly builds. Then you can flash updated rom everyday :)

Maybe i will stick with H3 Blues :D . When i see some very good reason to use this .

Also i don't like using the Nightlys. Only M Snapshots and Release Candidates , just to play safe ;)

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest dmitry_sensei

Nothing new so no reason to update. You can use official nightly builds. Then you can flash updated rom everyday :)

Did CM developers merge Your changes?

Guest 24KiFly24

Please Help!! I installed the rom but the proximity doesn't work(i installed all the 2 udates, the values changed but still doesn't work) Somebody can send me values what is working??

I calibrated again and it's working... I don't know what was the problem:) Doesn't matter:D

Edited by 24KiFly24

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wildcat_paris

Hello C3C0,

I am French and using freemobile.fr (and your current stable and useful CM7.2 rom)

Please have you any idea about making EAP-SIM wifi authentification working? There is no SIM option in EAP protocol.

I have tried to change (by hand) the wpa_supplicant file putting SIM option (with no luck so far!)

I have read that freemobile adds tricks in their "stock" mobile to make EAP-SIM working.

I have read CM 7.2 and 9.0 could handle EAP-SIM but I don't know about Skate hardware.

Just in case, I will fairly live without this feature!

FYI : http://en.wikipedia....rotocol#EAP-SIM

Have a nice day,

Edited by wildcat_paris

Some time ago I made an addod for UK users to utilize so called "Signal Boost" which UK orange provides to clients - it allows you to use any wifi network to make calls.

It uses EAP-SIM authentication so you can take a look at the package if you can find something useful for your case.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/352681-addon-signal-boost-uma-for-all-gingerbread-235-roms/

Guest wildcat_paris

Hello C3C0,

Thanks for trying to help.

I have applied the patch on the CM7.2 (Yes I did, you wrote NOT for CM7/9....)

=> over your 31/10/2012 build

No harm no good.

I will try outside my building many (10000+) DSL boxes from this ISP are known to have a buggy Wifi (only works with Windows... so not android not ubuntu... weirdo the box "Freebox v5" is designed and based on linux kernel... whatever!!!!)

Let's see later.

Nice day!

Edited by wildcat_paris

Guest wildcat_paris

Hello C3C0,

EAP-SIM... the work you have done is limited to the UK provider which is technically limited (btw, some days later the patch broke the wifi... I've restored to pre patch version... wifi is back!)

in case you have spare time... if you have some I can donate (tell me first if you have spare time for this... so I don't spend $$$ on "silly" video games)

I have read the patch code (kern 2.3.5) from

http://code.google.c.../wiki/EapSimAka

=> http://seek-for-andr...ka_0.4.1.tar.gz

The patch seems to add the SIM and AKA protocols for EAP

issues :

1/ it needs libcrypto libssl libpcsclite => pcsc is needed (not in your rom I can see).

2/ no idea if ZTE Skate wifi "bcm 4319" is ok with EAP SIM.... ZTE Blade S wifi bcm 4330 is fine and the kernel has been tricked by Freemobile to handle EAP-SIM seamlessly.

They say this rom for Freemobile Blade S does the job (but I don't have the infrastructure to look inside)

ftpb.free.fr/roms/zte/blade2/P771FV1.0.0B05-update_signed.zip

As stated in a message (Dec 20th 2012) no one ever modded a rom with EAP SIM

Thanks for reading.

Have nice end of year parties

Edited by wildcat_paris

Guest szavics

Thank you for this ROM. It's Amazing! It's fast, also my battery is okay for 2-3 days, I love the locksreen possibilities, now i can use the whole lockscreen for an image without any buttons/rings....

5/5 ROM for the ZTE Skate

Guest acemonte

Hello community,

I have. currently the CM7.2 on the ZTE Skate 'm Very satisfied.

But does my wireless power whenever the screen turns off

and I make my beloved Whats App and co. Messages not received.

The guidelines are on standby wireless Forever or Never turn off.

Otherwise I have no Proggs should prevent reception.

With data received via provider it works fine, but is not sure

Sense of the thing when I'm at home.

PS. 've All searched and tested. With the stock Rom it works, it works with JB, but with none of the ROM based on Gingerbread or CM 7th

To have overlooked something in the hope I remain mfg.

Sorry for this crappy english. Its google translate....

Guest omegavesko

Hello community,

I have. currently the CM7.2 on the ZTE Skate 'm Very satisfied.

But does my wireless power whenever the screen turns off

and I make my beloved Whats App and co. Messages not received.

The guidelines are on standby wireless Forever or Never turn off.

Otherwise I have no Proggs should prevent reception.

With data received via provider it works fine, but is not sure

Sense of the thing when I'm at home.

PS. 've All searched and tested. With the stock Rom it works, it works with JB, but with none of the ROM based on Gingerbread or CM 7th

To have overlooked something in the hope I remain mfg.

Sorry for this crappy english. Its google translate....

Sure you don't have a power saving mode enabled somewhere that turns Wi-Fi off when it's sleeping?

Guest acemonte

Yes I'm sure, as sure as you can be yourself.

But of course I am not perfect and if there are some hidden settings and parameters, then I do not find this.

Any suggestions where I should be looking for?

Note: You must have definitely do something with the ROMS,

since I get this error when not STOCKROM and all other ROMS from 4:04 have.

For example, the latest from this forum. Just only all built on CM7 etc.. all do it!

Edited by acemonte

• 3 weeks later...
Guest prodromaki

Hello to everyone, I seem to be having some trouble with this ROM. It doesn't seem to be able to control the camera LED at all. The original ROM it was working properly btw(I have 3 android smartphones and they all run custom ROMs, so I am pretty familiar with the whole procedure. I don't believe, I am doing something wrong myself). I was going to send it to my sister as a gift tommorow, so I would appreciate any swift solutions/answers a lot. Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Kind regards, Prodromaki

Guest prodromaki

If it was a burnt out led(which is probably not, because it was working an hour ago), why would the option be grayed out? This usually happens when a phone has no led at all(like the original blade). Am I the first to report a non working led?

P.S. Thanks for getting back to me that fast btw

Kind regards, Prodromaki

Edited by prodromaki

• 4 weeks later...
Guest omegavesko
Please help get the keyboard from the firmware. she is very convenient.

It should be in /system somewhere. I think it's /system/app/latinime.apk, but I'm not sure.

It should be in /system somewhere. I think it's /system/app/latinime.apk, but I'm not sure.

latinime.apk it's system keybord and yet there was some sort of a different set is it)) thanks

Edited by InFuz