XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wicksta

That's correct.

But the first time Wallet is started, it writes (or tries to write) credentials of a virtual credit card, which is emulated by NFC.

The underlying technology (PayPass) is the same as the one used in normal contactless cards.

But why would they need all other OEM keys though? The virtual credit card is a new and separate card created by Google and not an existing card from <insert random OEM here>.

Edited by wicksta

Guest lpasq
Bah still no joy on my i717 - always stuck on initializing. I've tried two WLANs as well as the packet core network and restarted, cleared data etc. to no avail. Any ideas?

I have blown the dust off my Nexus now and going to give that a go. :)

same here on att note...rooted onlyone 4.0.4 ics

Guest wicksta

same here on att note...rooted onlyone 4.0.4 ics

Same ROM as me then - I'll try a different one when I get a moment today.

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul,

could you post a clockworkmod zip, and will you be adding this to all the MCR kitchens for devices that support NFC?

Yes, i'll be adding it to my kitchens for NFC enabled devices.

I tried to install this on my AT&T One X, moved it to /system/app, set rwx rw- rw-, and I'm getting this error when I start up:

Insufficient Privileges. Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)

Hmm, have you tried to use wallet on here before? Stock ROM? I have a AT&T One X so I'll give it a try.

Bah still no joy on my i717 - always stuck on initializing. I've tried two WLANs as well as the packet core network and restarted, cleared data etc. to no avail. Any ideas?

I have blown the dust off my Nexus now and going to give that a go. :)

Strange, anything in logcat that might point to the cause?

Uhm, I don't see how that could be possible. The credit card credentials are stored in the Secure Element embedded in the NFC chip.

Access to this SE is granted by some keys, which I guess Google must obtain from each OEM.

So unless Google has obtained the keys I don't see how they could be able to write the credentials in every NFC chip.

Well, the International One X isn't Wallet certified and it works so... *shrugs*

P

Guest lpasq

Same ROM as me then - I'll try a different one when I get a moment today.

our dev's op changed so the list of works/broken is gone. do you recall if nfc is enabled on our rom?

i will revert to noteworthy or maybe try unofficial cm9.

i wish we had modaco kitchen for note ;)

Guest DaveTudou

Managed to top up now after waiting a couple of hours! The other difference this time was that I wasn't logged into the giftcard website anymore, maybe that was it? Either way I got my $ in my wallet :D thanks Paul

Guest kitfm

Hmm, have you tried to use wallet on here before? Stock ROM? I have a AT&T One X so I'll give it a try.

I installed it once from the Play Store before AT&T blocked it, but it only ever gave me an "Unsupported Device" error. It seems that other AT&T One X users at XDA have the same issue.

Guest PaulOBrien

I tried to install this on my AT&T One X, moved it to /system/app, set rwx rw- rw-, and I'm getting this error when I start up:

Insufficient Privileges. Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)

I installed it once from the Play Store before AT&T blocked it, but it only ever gave me an "Unsupported Device" error. It seems that other AT&T One X users at XDA have the same issue.

Confirmed, I can replicate the issue on my AT&T One X so i'll investigate! :)

P

Guest mydedis

But why would they need all other OEM keys though? The virtual credit card is a new and separate card created by Google and not an existing card from <insert random OEM here>.

To access the Secure Element and write credentials to it. If anyone could gain access to the SE, it would not be "secure" anymore :)

I'm not really sure where Google gets the keys from, but I guess either the phone manufacturer (samsung, htc, etc) or the NFC chip manufacturer (NXP, TI, etc).

I'm not even sure there's a unique key for each chip, or same chip models have same keys.

Guest mydedis

Well, the International One X isn't Wallet certified and it works so... *shrugs*

Doesn't need to be "wallet certified", but as long as Google Wallet supports it, it should work.

Googling "htc one x google wallet" seems to indicate there is GW support for it.

With this trick: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1365360 I have GW working on my Nexus S in Italy.

Guest wicksta

re: the AT&T One X, I've got past the secure element issue, it's hanging on 'initialising' now tho!

P

The same as on the AT&T Note then, if you need me to check for anything on the Note let me know.

Guest wicksta

To access the Secure Element and write credentials to it. If anyone could gain access to the SE, it would not be "secure" anymore :)

I'm not really sure where Google gets the keys from, but I guess either the phone manufacturer (samsung, htc, etc) or the NFC chip manufacturer (NXP, TI, etc).

I'm not even sure there's a unique key for each chip, or same chip models have same keys.

Ah I see what you mean then - not sure in that case but they've obviously done it. :)

Guest tomqman

All working good for me on my one x. just been to. McDonalds. I its about £1 = $1.55.

Thanks Paul ;)

post-709431-1338390388757_thumb.jpg

Edited by tomqman

Guest DaveTudou

All working good for me on my one x. just been to. McDonalds. I its about £1 = $1.55.

Thanks Paul ;)

post-709431-1338390388757_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty much perfect rate :)

Guest wiggy30

First of all i am new to android so not that great at this at the moment, but i have managed to get the wallet apk into /system/app folder by moving it on root explorer. When i try to install it it just tells me application not installed!

Any help with what permissions i need to have set or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Guest DaveTudou

First of all i am new to android so not that great at this at the moment, but i have managed to get the wallet apk into /system/app folder by moving it on root explorer. When i try to install it it just tells me application not installed!

Any help with what permissions i need to have set or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

just restart and it'll be in your apps list

Guest Batkoto

just restart and it'll be in your apps list

Just a restart wont help him 100%.

Im having the same problem and no solution yet.

Edited by Batkoto