SIM lock status

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shootomanUK

@ lost_secret: i dont think the russian rom will unlock the device but its worth a try, the xolo was unlocked but when flashing the osd with its rom the osd was still locked.

ive been browsing the files on the device for anything to do with sim unlock but cant find anything, but im no expert.

we need some hackers who have found unlocks before to help i think. :wacko:

Guest BlueMoonRising

I had a Samsung Galaxy s3 but sold it was laggy after installing about 20 apps and I was disappointed as I thought it was 4G but mine wasn't Now this phone is giving me a headache every time I look at it and seems useless.

If you mean the phone is useless because you can't unlock until after the first 3 months then I have to say you bought the wrong phone. Why not buy a phone already unlocked if it's that big a deal to you?

Edit :- Apologies to glossywhite, it was just a little tease but was inappropriate. I should know better and it wont happen again :blush:

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Simon O

I'm cleaning up this thread. Please stop with the off-topic posts and the abuse! That also goes for little rants about what's wrong with the world.. please post them elsewhere. Thank you.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Has anyone tried the site mentioned here: http://giffgaff.com/...san-diego-phone?

Not tried them but I noticed this at the bottom :-

Note:This particular phone supports an unlocking method known as a Dual Sim or TurboSIM.

The Dual SIM method works by attaching a small device to your existing SIM card to alter normal operation. To find out more about this method of unlocking, click here.

The link doesn't work, what's all this dual sim thing about?

Guest shootomanUK

LOCKED ?

--------------

has anyone used all the unlock attempts ?

i need someone who has used all their unlock attempts to try and flash a rom and see if it resets the unlock counter.

i found this on a unlocking site:

How to enter the Unlocking Code for an Orange Model phone

Orange Models

1. Turn on your phone with a SIM Card not from the original network, IE It's not locked to.

2. If the phone asks, enter the PIN code for your SIM Card

3. Next, the phone will ask you to enter your unlocking code

4. Your Orange phone will now be unlocked

Please note:

- Use the on-screen keyboard and make sure that the wireless mode is turned off

- Should you see a message saying 'Sim lock'. You can still make emergency calls but your Orange phone has been 'locked' due to too many unsuccessful unlocking attempts. Alas the only solution is to upgrade the phone's ROM, which in turn will reset the counter allowing you to enter the unlock code.

but i dont know if it will reset the counter just by flashing the update through the phone

@rickywyatt did you ever get the medfield flasher working to flash a rom, if we can flash a rom through it may reset the counter ?

if we can reset the counter then we can try different unlock code generators, just a thought !

or even if we could flash the xolo rom through the medfield flasher it may unlock the device ??

Edited by shootomanUK

Today,there's now 20 days i'm standing for this f*****g unlock code .

after i receive it ,i will sell directly this phone .

No more Orange Phone for me .

If someone is interesting ,send me a pm please .

Guest shootomanUK

im thinking of selling mine & getting a nexus 4 :wub:

ive had my osd for months and not been able to use it with my current sim card,

i know i should have put an orange sim inside when i got it so i could get it unlocked from orange, but i didnt untill now so i have to wait 3 month to get it unlocked as of today.

i just hung on waiting for a free unlock lol

i could pay £25 and get it unlocked via 3rd party site but i be grudge paying it, even £20 from orange is a rip off !

so when is the release date for the nexus ?

Guest punjuk12

im thinking of selling mine & getting a nexus 4 :wub:

ive had my osd for months and not been able to use it with my current sim card,

i know i should have put an orange sim inside when i got it so i could get it unlocked from orange, but i didnt untill now so i have to wait 3 month to get it unlocked as of today.

i just hung on waiting for a free unlock lol

i could pay £25 and get it unlocked via 3rd party site but i be grudge paying it, even £20 from orange is a rip off !

so when is the release date for the nexus ?

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_8gb&feature=device-featured#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDIwMiwibnVsbC13ZWJfaG9tZV81MDAwMDA1X25leHVzVUtfZGV2aWNlc19HQl9fNTAwMDAwNV9uZXh1c1VLXzFfcHJvbW9fMTM1MTg3NzIzNzM2NCJd

13th November.

Orange San Diegos seem to be selling for around 100-130 on ebay.

How much you think a sim unlocked one would sell for?

Guest shootomanUK

Although the Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL looks just as good as the nexus 4 or maybe even better, not sure if or when its UK release will be though ?

check out paul's review here: http://www.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/android-reviews/huawei-ascend-d1-quad-xl-review-r887

anyway best leave it at that lol

sorry admin for going off topic :-)

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest shootomanUK

oh well i took the gamble and purchased an unlock code from fonefunshop.co.uk for £25 and paid via paypal.

just waiting for the code now, hope they dont give me the zte bluebelt code from the giffgaff site lol

i'd be ill :blush:

oh well i took the gamble and purchased an unlock code from fonefunshop.co.uk for £25 and paid via paypal.

just waiting for the code now, hope they dont give me the zte bluebelt code from the giffgaff site lol

i'd be ill :blush:

Good luck, keep us posted

T

13th November 2012. No error?

The whole game is an error ...

Today,30mn on phone with 0range customers service : "sorry we haven't received the code "

FYI ,i've ask since 8 october - near a month now !

Guest Simon O

T

The whole game is an error ...

Today,30mn on phone with 0range customers service : "sorry we haven't received the code "

FYI ,i've ask since 8 october - near a month now !

And yet other people have managed to get the codes from Orange without problem. So what's different for you and why is it causing a delay? You do actually have an Orange San Diego right?