[CM7.2] Cyanogenmod 7.2 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest youpi666

Guest thepasto

I've OC at 1152MHz +smartassV2 (I've tried ondemand too), no compcache, no dithering, 16 bit transparency on, heap VM 24m (with this value the phone is quite usable).

I'm using svs suggested value and a2sd ON

Use lower freq. Can't complain about stability with oc at 1152mhz :D

Guest youpi666

hahaha completly agree with thepasto :) Vm heapsize is good let it to 48 and try lower frequency.

For my case, i'm on 1036 Mhz, and trust me you don't gain anything to put it to 1152 Mhz except many stability problems !

And even if it was stable the only gain you'll have is a higher battery drain :D

Guest bellanano

Ok, I've solved the question and now i've a very very smooth liquid A1 with no lags!!!

This are my settings with my A1 Liquid :

MicroSD card partitions : swap 256MB, 1GB ext4, FAT32, all on 16GB samsung class10 microsdcard

CyanogenMod Performance settings :

• Min CPU 128 MHx, Max CPU 1152MHz with smartassV2 Governor
  • Compcache : DISABLED
  • Jit : ENABLED
  • Dithering : DISABLED
  • 16bit trasparency : ENABLED
  • Scrolling Cache : ENABLED (default) --> This was solving many lag issues
  • Purging of Asset : DISABLED
  • Boot Animation : ENABLED
  • Lock Home Memory : DISABLED
  • Lock Messaging App : DISABLED
  • VM Heap Size : 24m --> This was solving many lag issues

LiquidParts settings :
    • A2sd : ENABLED
    • ad2sd : DISABLED ( seems that isn't working, can't enable it)
    • Dc2sd : DISABLED ( seems that isn't working, can't enable it)
    • Xdata : DISABLED (disabled flag too :P )
    • SdCard Readahead : 1024
    • Swap : ENABLED
    • Swappness : 20
    • LowmemoryKiller Fix : DISABLED
    • ADVANCED TAB with Custimized SVS values, setting suggested values!

I've installed Last V6 Supercharger script with this settings from XDA from ZEPPELINROXS

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

[*]Prior Scrolling Speed : 2

[*]LOCAL.PROP : used

[*]Supercharger Launcher Option : Hard to Kill

[*]Miscellaneous : No

[*]Fix Emission on Boot : Yes

[*]Whell Alignment : Yes

[*]Detailing : No

[*]init.rc : ON

[*]Option selected : number 6 - Ledded (512 HP)

Hope this is helpful for other Liquid A1 users ;)

@thepasto & @youpi666

I've already tried lower frequency but it doesn't solved my lags. I've the same frequency with LN 1.9.2 and worked correctly for months!

But i agree for the battery drain :)))

Edited by bellanano

Guest youpi666

Little update see first post !

@bellanano

The only thing really useful made by V6 supercharger is the freemem values, witch already fix for A1 by the lowmemorykiller fix ;) (rest of param doesn't really change anything)

i'have no lag at all without any change from the out of the box version.

But i've no A2SD, and the only time i've test it device lag (i've a class4 card so not a good A2SD tester :) )

EDIT : And now time for me to help thepasto for good CM9 on A1 !!!

Edited by youpi666

Guest rocky58

@bellanano

The only thing really useful made by V6 supercharger is the freemem values, witch already fix for A1 by the lowmemorykiller fix ;) (rest of param doesn't really change anything)

i'have no lag at all without any change from the out of the box version.

But i've no A2SD, and the only time i've test it device lag (i've a class4 card so not a good A2SD tester :) )

EDIT : And now time for me to help thepasto for good CM9 on A1 !!!

Thanks youpi666,

great work... very smooth ROM and very good battery drain!!! (2 days with one charge!) :D

Edited by rocky58

Guest Dmitriy K.

---

And now time for me to help thepasto for good CM9 on A1 !!!

Thanks again for this rom and updates!

And i hope that you help make CM9 faster like this :)

Guest bellanano

I've tried CM9 and i made a nandroid backup of this CM7.2 before flashing it, but when restored the backup it didn't works. Seems that the phone wasn't rooted and so app2sd was not working ( swap not working too)

Anyone else had this issue?

What partitions we need to backup? We can choose them before starting nandroid.

Guest bcroz

Hi there,

Great job! This ROM feels really fast and I have only one question: how do I turn off the battery LED? I don't want it to blink, ever. Not for low battery and not while charging. I just want it off completely.

Okay, so two questions: I can't seem to install BeatsAudioLiquid.zip. I've tried flashing from GooManager and from recovery, but neither seem to install the app. I'm using an Acer LIquid E -- any tips?

Thanks for your help! Keep up the good work.

Edited by bcroz

Guest Ma7moud

Hi there,

Great job! This ROM feels really fast and I have only one question: how do I turn off the battery LED? I don't want it to blink, ever. Not for low battery and not while charging. I just want it off completely.

Okay, so two questions: I can't seem to install BeatsAudioLiquid.zip. I've tried flashing from GooManager and from recovery, but neither seem to install the app. I'm using an Acer LIquid E -- any tips?

Thanks for your help! Keep up the good work.

there is no app for Beats Audio, if you flash the .zip file then its installed

youpi666

hey, as CM7.2 guys said on the good topic, if you want smoother auto brightness, add values in the cm setting menu. You could tweak yourself the auto brightness as you want. For my side auto brightness works great and it's usable.
(from cm9 thread)

yes, the auto brightness does work, but it DOESN'T interpolate the values.

if I set 3 levels for light values then it shouldn't jump discretely from one to other in a moment like it currently does!

it should smoothly go from level 3 to level 2 interpolating smoothly the value and stop this at 2nd level.

I mean this:

graphs.jpg

the green is how it should work and the red is how currently it works

the green is the default behavior for TR repacks, for CM9, for stock rom...

and certainly I shouldn't set 100 custom levels to make it smooth, that's... mad.

Edited by GvM

Guest youpi666

Asi i said, it's the problem is the way of cm 7.2 rules the autobrightness we can't do better.

if fact, we may could rewrite some part on this but for now, thinks it's better to loose time on CM9 for A1 users :)

Guest Galaxyweb

Hi, I try in goomanager install openrecovery script from menu but "no recovery for you device!!"

Why this problem?

Thanks

Guest Mura88

Is there any chance to have Metal camera bundled in this rom? ;)

BTW good job man!

You can install your preferred apk without any kind of problem man ... metal, miui, ics, lg, samsung ...

Guest miho87

Where can I find the updated rom file? I installed the version from the first post, but the build date is still 06/24/2012.

Guest Master_T

I just flashed this rom, since I fu**ed up my MIUI installation so I decided I might a well try something different for a change... one problem: how do I enable a2sd? I can't click on the option in LiquuidParts...

Nevermind solved.

Another thing: is the kernel already under/over volted correctly for oc? Because I put it on 1036mhz which was very stable on miui but here it reboots constantly...

Edited by Master_T

Guest j@y krishn@

was on CM9, since it was un usable i decided to try this !

THX for the ROM, its good ! i OWE u :P

wiped all, re partitioned (1gb ext4, 512 for swap) and flashed the ROM, Update and Gapps.

in Liquid parts, A2sd. Ad2sd, Dc2sd and Xdata are not clickable! . when i click format, SU permission is granted after that there is a FC. found that SWAP is working ("free ram" in terminal emulator)

how to make ext partition work ?

if m not wrong, a2sd is present in the ROM hence swap & ext partition is activated by default ?

any tips on making it faster ? like, VM size and other tweaks.. not a complete N00b. went through every comment, a bit confused. flashed ROM for 5/6 times and now finally commenting !

suggest pls !

Acer liquid A1 with Transcend 8gb class 10 sd !

Edited by j@y krishn@

Guest Ma7moud

download Gapps again and flash them, i didn't have any issues with Gapps on this ROM

and for A2SD for now you can enable it from terminal emulator

Guest j@y krishn@

download Gapps again and flash them, i didn't have any issues with Gapps on this ROM

and for A2SD for now you can enable it from terminal emulator

after many flashes & reboots, i could click on A2sd !

installed 5 apps from pc thru apk batch installer, 8mb of internal memory is reduced :| apps are present in sd-ext/app. why on earth internal memory is being used ?

also, on LN 1.9.2, when i used to go to applications settings > manage applications, INTERNAL STORAGE used to b shown is -ve (due to ext partition) nothing like that is shown now ? normal ?

also, since Game play is slow i installed chainfire 3d v3.3, clicked install cf3d driver. phone rebooted and now CF 3d app is missing :/

swap is enabled and working too :/

Edited by j@y krishn@