The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kabirsaini2011

Paul ..... i think as we will have source code soon and thus, root access ...so here is my 1st request to you i.e. jellybeans :-D

Guest rickywyatt

you got that right lol i killed my phone just by flashing the ics recovery.bin wish i didt lol at lest i was not the only one lol

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul ..... i think as we will have source code soon and thus, root access ...so here is my 1st request to you i.e. jellybeans :-D

Source code is no use without a way to flash it.

P

Guest kabirsaini2011

Source code is no use without a way to flash it.

P

One of my friend said that he will root my phone... with the help of source codes

Guest rickywyatt

(1) can thay unlock the bootloader

(2) How can we add su and superuser

(3) how are we meant to use the Source code when put out

Guest kabirsaini2011

I always got positive reply from xolo ..lets c wht they will say abt dis

Edited by kabirsaini2011

Guest kabirsaini2011

Dear Customer,

As we informed you earlier that we would shortly post source codes on the website & We will inform you soon.

Secondly, Bootloaders of this is locked.

Regards

Xolo-Care

Guest The Soup Thief

hecatae's much better at articulating this kind of thing than I am but i'll have a go:

So Xolo are meeting their obligations under the Apache 2.0 license, by releasing their source code (or at least agreeing to do so in the coming period)

Are they under any obligation to release a bootloader unlock solution? I'm not sure that they are

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I doubt it seeing as bootloader has nothing to do with the source code for the operating system on the device, but surely they are in breach of something here, a locked bootloader goes completely against the open nature of android. Surely the whole idea of open source is so that it can be used with that device ?

Guest rickywyatt

i dont think we well ever see this phone unlocked even if the source code is put out as we still need to find a way to flash a un secure recovery