The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

haha! Classic mistake. Orange FAIL.

You could donate, if you like; maybe we can join forces :)

Please keep donate requests in the donate topic.

P

Guest glossywhite

just seen a tweet from Sebastian404 saying he thinks he might have found a way to root the phone

"Hmm, I think I found a way to root the SanDiego, now if only mine was not in a FedEx shipping centre I could test it out".

https://twitter.com/...132792565534720

be interesting to see if he has cracked it or not :)

And this "way" is? ...

Guest i am not a hacker

This post is coming from Sebastian, a very good hacker on the developer team so if he says he may have a way to unlock it, we can raise our hopes.

I am getting my OSD when my contract runs out in August.

Guest glossywhite

Still SIM locked though. I'll be working on that too, believe me. Rooting is only half the issue, if you're still stuck on 'Orrific Orange or Terrible T-mobile!

Guest FrankieADZ

Still SIM locked though. I'll be working on that too, believe me. Rooting is only half the issue, if you're still stuck on 'Orrific Orange or Terrible T-mobile!

lol...'Orrific Orange or Terrible T-Mobile...thats just there network coverage ;)

still could be an interesting could a weeks for the OSD :)

Guest glossywhite

lol...'Orrific Orange or Terrible T-Mobile...thats just there network coverage ;)

still could be an interesting could a weeks for the OSD :)

Not JUST signal; their tarriffs are just greedy, when you consider what can be had @ giffgaff :D.

Then again, I am with Orange for home phone and broadband, and to be honest, they are a VERY efficient, courteous company; they never failed us yet.

Guest FrankieADZ

i bet the waiting must be like a form or torture :)

might even be tempted to get the phone myself if it get rooted,CMR and all that :)

If it is rooted, the OSD will be very popular I suspect.

Compared to my g300 the OSD is lightyears ahead, especially in the speed thanks to the Atom processor.

And if you are a gamer, providing the sd card slot gets sorted, you will love this device.I played an hour of asphalt 6 through the HDMI cable on my 40inch Sony, very good indeed!

Guest zac206

For the SIM lock, there is a way: just ask for the unlock code to Orange! Believe me it works! They gave it to me for free! Now I have it unlocked, and I'm just waiting for the rooting.

Guest daxter92

Did you ask them via email or did you went to the store? (And in which store?)

Edited by daxter92

Guest zac206

Did you ask them via email or did you went to the store? (And in which store?)

Here in France, you need to call customer service to unlock a phone. It's free after three months, and 76 euros if you want to unlock it before the end of the three months.

But I terminated my plan (there was no engagement period, I could terminate it whenever) and two weeks later, I called customer service to ask for the unlock code, because I terminated my plan and couldn't use my phone. They didn't even ask how much time I had the phone, they just gave me the code :)

I don't know how things work in the UK, but I think it's always worth the try!

Guest DarkWanderer

Here in France, you need to call customer service to unlock a phone. It's free after three months, and 76 euros if you want to unlock it before the end of the three months.

But I terminated my plan (there was no engagement period, I could terminate it whenever) and two weeks later, I called customer service to ask for the unlock code, because I terminated my plan and couldn't use my phone. They didn't even ask how much time I had the phone, they just gave me the code :)

I don't know how things work in the UK, but I think it's always worth the try!

Usually here in the uk, you are tied into your contract for it's duration and if you leave have to pretty much pay them what you would have been charged over the remainder of the contract. There are som SIM-only deals that work month-month, but if you want a phone thrown in, most contracts are 24 months. To get an unlock code you have to had the phone for several onths (most ppl are saying 3) and it'll usually cost you about £20 to get the code.

Guest zac206

Usually here in the uk, you are tied into your contract for it's duration and if you leave have to pretty much pay them what you would have been charged over the remainder of the contract. There are som SIM-only deals that work month-month, but if you want a phone thrown in, most contracts are 24 months. To get an unlock code you have to had the phone for several onths (most ppl are saying 3) and it'll usually cost you about £20 to get the code.

Well ususally here in France too you are tied for 12 or even 24 months, but there was a comitment-free offer (of course the phone is more expensive with this offer than with a 24month plan). So I bought it and terminated the contract as soon as I received the phone. Two weeks later I asked them for the unlock code, and they gave it to me for free. Ususally it is free 3 months after you buy the phone, but either they messed up, either they had to give me the code because I terminated the contract. In any case, I won't complain! :)