The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest The Soup Thief

I still don't have one - much as I'd love one, until there's a SIM unlock solution it's no use to me here in Ireland. Loving the explosion of interest though!

I would consider the order of difficulty as bootloader, root, sim unlock. Just a theory not fact, but sounds reasonable, :D given we have root, sim unlock is a real possiblity.

Guest hecatae
I would consider the order of difficulty as bootloader, root, sim unlock. Just a theory not fact, but sounds reasonable, :D given we have root, sim unlock is a real possiblity.

Can you back up all partitions so we could look for the unlock code in hex? May be in there

Guest glossywhite

It's STILL too expensive, and it's STILL SIM-locked... so I won't be considering it - more than happy with my *FREE* and unlocked San Fran 2 :-)

Guest punjabi

It's STILL too expensive, and it's STILL SIM-locked... so I won't be considering it - more than happy with my *FREE* and unlocked San Fran 2 :-)

So much for your 'donate and I'll try to root this thing' then glossy!!!

Guest BlueMoonRising

It's only £170 on PAYG plus you get free unlimited data download for 12 months but with a 250MB fair usage policy. Considering the hardware and performance plus the free data offer I think it's pretty damn good value.

OFC YMMV. ;)

sdcard_ext is a folder that is already there, I thought the same thing when I see the folder, only when I see it there was no sd card in the device.

I also tried using sd card, but no signs of it being seen was there.

Edited by Guest

Guest darkvicious

sdcard_ext is a folder that is already there, I thought the same thing when I see the folder, only when I see it there was no sd card in the device.

I also tried using sd card, but no signs of it being seen was there.

ok

Guest captainkremmen

But ever since no one donated you've just been very negative. OK, this isn't the Galaxy SIII but for the money it's still one of the best featured phoned out there. I paid the full price at launch and have been very pleased with it so far (apart from it being on Orange, crap network in this area, and on pay day it will be unlocked (I'll pay the £20 if we don't have sim unlock for free by then) and then stick ICS on it.

@rickywyatt, can you remember where ben1066 had all those ideas to get sd card working ? I looked through this thread but cannot see, just thinking with root it may be worth looking again.

Guest AmbushReality
I share these thoughts with my Unlocked CM7'd OSF2 ^_^

m8 did you have the sdcard in the slot?

Yep still in there now. Not exactly easy to get in and out so just left it in lol.

Mount screen shows it not there, not recognized at all.

post-796032-0-52353100-1349709295_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest rickywyatt

Paul was say that if you plug a sdcard in you get a extra partition called mmcblk1 but that was with gb I can't see it in your screeny

look here

Hmmmm....let me give it a good old wack to make sure it in right.

yep it is right in there. Paul used a 2Gb card mine is 16Gb.

Anyone got a 2GB ?

Edited by Guest