[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest RussellS

Hi all, could you just clarify something for me as I want to be 100% sure I know what I'm doing and not about to screw my phone up.

I am currently on the Huawei B888 rom and I have CWM installed but NOT root. Unfortunately I need Bluetooth on a daily basis to connect to the hands free in my car as I use it for work So I cannot use CM9 permenantly yet. However, I would like to have a play with it and contribute to the community in a testing capacity.

Therefore, If I install CM9 will I still be able to restore my Nandroid backup to get back to where I am today. What I would intend doing is installing CM9 at the weekend to test etc and then restore my Nandroid backup back to B888 during the week.

I'm sure that is all ok but I just wanted to check with people more knowledgeable than me.

Many thanks

Guest preciouspangolin

Is it possible to introduce me to ROM development for porting and bugfixing? I am playing with OpenWrt (development and build system) on a regular daily basis and with Android app development. Even if I haven't seen Android ROM development yet, I think I could learn something new and help.

Guest RussellS
That'll work fine.

Thanks Dazzozo, you've put my mind at rest.

CM9 will be going on Friday evening (unless I get impatient and install it one evening before then as a taster).

Guest Hpez

Thanks Dazzozo, you've put my mind at rest.

CM9 will be going on Friday evening (unless I get impatient and install it one evening before then as a taster).

Once you have a nandroid backup of each ROM switching back and to between them takes very little time. Gotta love the nandroid backups. :)

Edited by Hpez

Guest pelago

Is it possible to introduce me to ROM development for porting and bugfixing? I am playing with OpenWrt (development and build system) on a regular daily basis and with Android app development. Even if I haven't seen Android ROM development yet, I think I could learn something new and help.

Have a look round http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Guest RussellS

Once you have a nandroid backup of each ROM switching back and to between them takes very little time. Gotta love the nandroid backups. :)

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any problem due to partition sizes as I'm on the Huawei B888 rom.

Looking good over here, just wish I had my g300 to play with :( still in repairs from 11days ago :angry2:

But on a good note I have the OSD to play with, which is keeping me entertained nicely, even though it is locked down, hopefully not for long, sebastion404 is on the case.

Edited by Guest

Guest dt_matthews

Working:

• Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • Sensors
  • Live Wallpapers
  • USB Mass Storage
  • Wi-Fi

Not Working:

• All Camera features
    • Bluetooth
    • Google Talk (If you flash it. Really rather strange! Working on it.)

Overclocking is still to come.

Can you add tethering to the not working list, just so people are fore-warned? :)

Guest PeaceMaker_H

I can´t get more than 20h / 22h of battery, even considering 8h of those hours are during the night...

I´ve been using a live wallpaper, could be from it.. since I am the first one reporting the battery leaks..

Testing this theory now with a normal wallpaper

Guest dt_matthews

Can you add tethering to the not working list, just so people are fore-warned? :)

bump this request just so people that for people who really need tethering working know its not working natively.

anyone tried 3rd party tethering? (I didnt get a chance before swapping roms)

Guest FrankieADZ

has anyone with ICS already installed on there G300 tried CM9 since?

just wondering if it works and all that as doesnt official ICS and CM9 have different baseband's?

Guest Dazzozo

I imagine if you try that you will have no radio. Yes they do have different basebands.

This is where development starts to become a nightmare... :P

Guest FrankieADZ

I imagine if you try that you will have no radio. Yes they do have different basebands.

This is where development starts to become a nightmare... :P

:(

does that mean they'll be 2 versions of CM9 with different basebands?

Guest Dazzozo

I imagine we could get to a point where you could flash a separate zip to install the older/newer RIL libs. Not really two whole ROMs. If the process becomes simplified enough, I might update this to the new baseband. Not sure yet.

Guest Dazzozo

It's too early to tell yet. I'd like to see the downgrade process but we're still waiting for that. Everything's moving so fast it's hard to tell where I should be.

Guest FrankieADZ

hopefully the baseband stuff can be sorted....as I want to use/try ICS but dont want to miss out on CM9 :wacko: :(

It's too early to tell yet. I'd like to see the downgrade process but we're still waiting for that. Everything's moving so fast it's hard to tell where I should be.

Huawei havent helped really tho. should have just released the phone on ICS in the first place imo

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Dazzozo

should have just released the phone on ICS in the first place imo

100%. ICS is nearly a year old. There is literally no reason to be shipping these devices on Gingerbread and offering upgrades anymore.

Guest skobywan

Just registered and stopped by to say thanks to you guys for all of your hard work on this. I've installed the rom, it's very stable, nice and responsive on my handset. Considering I tried installing the official update today and was stuck on the Huawei logo for an hour, all I had to do with this was install the rom, install the apps and bang it was done.

Great job guys, looking forward to the next update for camera functionality.