[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest naghtan

Edit: I think I fixed the logging mess that Huawei insist on causing. I can't test right now as USB is completely dead obviously. :P Now, if you'll excuse me, It's 3:46am and I need to "hibernate". :ph34r:

Are you overclocked too? jejeje

that looks you are a genius or these its so easy! but you run so fast! Please keep going!

Great Works!

Guest Dazzozo

The way they word that - it's as if they believe it has an accelerated UI already.

Yeah this upgrade is seriously taking the urine. I would've expected reasonably to have seen a Jelly Bean upgrade within a month or two.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm in the process of redoing and decluttering all the init scripts. I feel that by continuing to use the ones from Gingerbread that are just left over in the repo it's causing us some issues, and from what I'm looking at right now it might fix USB.

Edit: Don't make me do that again, please. :( My neck is killing me.

Guest Dazzozo

I think it crossed a case-insensitive file system at some point during the open sourcing which dropped xt_TCPMSS down to xt_tcpmss, which are different files.

Strange how it only had an effect on those two, though. Ultimately two files that are only different in capitalisation became equal.

It's happened before, it's happened to me. I've had to keep an Overlay.h and an overlay.h in the same directory and it crossed over Windows one day and boom, I was there figuring it out for hours.

Edit: no biggie either, it seems netfilter is the only part of the kernel that Huawei didn't feel the need to fiddle with and add ifdeffing everywhere for CONFIG_HUAWEI_KERNEL. I just grabbed it from the Android kernel repos.

Guest ramitos

I still couldn't boot with this cm10 build.

Here is my steps:

1. wipe data/factory reset
  2. wipe cache partition
  3. Reboot Recovery
  4. install zip from sdcard
  5. wait more than 10m on the huawei boot logo
  6. restart
  7. wait again
  8. format /cache
  9. format /data
  10. format /system
  11. format /datadata
  12. format /cust
  13. Reboot Recovery
  14. install zip from sdcard
  15. wait more than 10m on the huawei boot logo
  16. restart
  17. wait again

Is there any log I can get to figure out the problem?

Edited by ramitos

Guest Dazzozo

Well that's exactly your point. If you can't get it to even boot there are no logs.

Again, in CWM:

• Wipe data/factory reset
  • Reboot Recovery
  • Install zip from sdcard
  • Reboot system now

These are the exact steps I follow religiously every time I flash every build I've made in the past 24 hours and it's worked every time. (Besides for when I got curious and disabled CONFIG_HUAWEI_KERNEL).

Guest Dazzozo

#STOPSHIP: Remove logwrapper and -d option before production
service bluetoothd /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/bluetoothd -d -n
[/CODE]

Well that didn't happen did it

Guest Dazzozo

You flashed it over B926/7.

We don't have a reversed RIL implementation for the 2030 baseband yet. This only works on the 109808 baseband.

Guest unaszplodrmann

#STOPSHIP: Remove logwrapper and -d option before production

service bluetoothd /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/bluetoothd -d -n

Well that didn't happen did it

:rolleyes:

Guest Dazzozo

No, before I had "infusion rom",but I wipe data before install this rom. What I should to do for normal work?

thanks

Which is B926/7.

You're going to have to downgrade to a B8xx base ROM until we have someone able to reverse the new RIL or I read up enough on it.

Guest ramitos

Just to make sure I'm not crazy, I tested your previous build (cm-10-20120721-UNOFFICIAL-u8818) and it booted just fine.

And also tried TWRP (thanks Valicek1 for the tip)

Edit: I'm using cm9-20120701 with 109808 baseband

Edited by ramitos

Guest Dazzozo

I just got ADB working which will lead on to mass storage, MTP etc quite easily.

That was the most frustrating thing I've done in my entire life for something so simple. Huawei over-complicating things again...

Edit: Working on Wi-Fi now, almost done

Edit 2: compiling...

Guest unaszplodrmann

I can only imagine that adding an unnecessary condition everywhere was almost as frustrating as removal...

At least you're cooking on gas now! I'll pitch in with testing when hardware support is initially completed. I rely on my mobile during the week and only have a G300 atm, so I'm reluctant to jump onboard in the early stages ;)