[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest androidlimb

Found something strange today. When turning my device on everything behaves normal, but when I enter cwm and say clear dalvik-cache. It says on the next reboot, something like optimizing the apps. Thats normal, but since then, I see on every reboot a dialog -> Android is upgrading -> starting apps. Anyone had the same "problem"?

Guest Franck Black

C3c0, took this great rom Forum in HTCMania, I have a day with each update you do.

The issue is the Forum mates have told me that when they see a movie (eg: IronMan), 30 minutes to reboot the phone and nothing, goodbye movie.

I didn't know because I look not skate, except some short video movies...

You have idea that can be?

Guest Franck Black

OK, I do not bother me, but I wonder and I try to answer the questions.

I've searched some info and it seems that it is a problem of the ICS...

Thank you..

Guest WiiSky70

Ready to test some youtube reboot fix?

Flash this zip in clockworkmod, no wipes are needed. Please, provide feedback if it really fixed the issue.

Thanks to thekraven for pointing me in the right direction and hephappy@XDA for his init script.

I see some straightforward progress in that fix ;) . Congrats C3C0 !

Guest Franck Black

Ready to test some youtube reboot fix?

Flash this zip in clockworkmod, no wipes are needed. Please, provide feedback if it really fixed the issue.

Thanks to thekraven for pointing me in the right direction and hephappy@XDA for his init script.

Thanks C3C0, testing today, but it seems you've already tested it

Guest Schwedenbitter

I would like to come back to my GPS problem. I append a screenshot of the app Navdroyd looking for GPS position:

Even if I'm outside my skate doesn't find the position after more than 5 minutes. I don't know what the reason for this is. I can't reproduce this problem. I just know how to elimiate it by installing the ROM after cleaning everything. I've seen that at least one other user has this problem. Maybe others don't because the might not use GPS. I don't like to make a fresh install every time a new ROM is delivered from you. Anyway I would like to find out what the reason for this problem is.

Would you mind to give me some advise how to do so?

I can live with it, if you say no.

[edit]Thanks for merging the new translations. German looks much better now.[/edit]

post-995095-0-73776000-1355175126_thumb.

Edited by Schwedenbitter

Guest marko_serb

My GPS works great every time, maybe there are too many buildings surrounding you? Sometimes it takes few minutes to get the location (if you're too far from previous position).

You can install some logcat app from playstore and let it log while gps is fixing and then upload the logcat here.

Do you have your data turned off while using gps? If yes then agps (assisted gps) feature cannot be used and fixing with only plain gps might take a while especially if you're too far from your previous position as marko said.

Guest Schwedenbitter

I was not to far from my last position this morning. I started at home.

However it took my NavDroyd almost 2 min. to fix the GPS position. I append the file created with CatLog just in case somebody can get some information out of it. I can't.

I wouldn't be so irritating beeing the only one. But as one of the posts show, there a at least 2 people with that problem. An I hope that there could be another solution than installing a clean ROM every time I make an update.

2012-12-11-09-44-00.txt

Guest Schwedenbitter

Thank you.

I'd say 2 minutes is pretty normal for all GPS devices, it may take longer - depending on the surrounding conditions.

I would guess so, if the GPS could not be faster. If I do a freh install (wipe the partitions) and install NavDroyd it reacts very quick - somtimes within 2 seconds. Even if my new location is far away of my last one. But it takes forever if I just install the ROM without wiping. That's the only reason why I'm asking at all.

Looks like it calls the process and waits forever, cuts it off and starts again

Is there anything I can do against it by myself? If this is to much or to complicated I would try to start a new thread about this theme.

Guest Schwedenbitter
Do you have a Bluetooth GPS dongle? If so select that as a GPS source

Nop. I just use the internal GPS sensor. I selected the GPS source. Insofar I further observed a strange behavior in some prior ROMs that the system settings forgot the GPS source. That doesn't happen anymore. The GPS source is found properly.

I would not have a problem with 2 minutes. But quite often the GPS search just runs dead and doesn't find any signal.

Your earlier screenshot indicates you are using GPS status. Try GPS essentials from play store. For me it gets a fix MUCH faster. It is actually a great app. Pity its compass is crap so I get a fix with GPS essentials then switch to other app.