HUAWEI RELEASE ICS 4.0.3 for U8818/U8815/G300 version B926【BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE LINK】

Guest qiwu huang

Guest andy.hyde4

what link worked for you? did you flash the file from my link?

Yes that worked fine

Edited by andy.hyde4

Guest rsrocha

Has anyone checked the huawei honor ics update? Its made with 3 update files and I believe that they contain the gapps on the step 2 update. These vendor updates may be used with other phones?

What if install the u8818 ics and then use these vendor updates to install the gapps and make a complete stock install?

It would be good to have the ability to extract these vendor updates...

Guest punjabi

Has anyone checked the huawei honor ics update? Its made with 3 update files and I believe that they contain the gapps on the step 2 update. These vendor updates may be used with other phones?

What if install the u8818 ics and then use these vendor updates to install the gapps and make a complete stock install?

It would be good to have the ability to extract these vendor updates...

Yeah, that would be great!!!

Guest Lgdslr

I've been using Titanium Backup to either freeze or uninstall Huawei's stuff on this ROM and it seems to be going quite well so far.

Any ideas on what might happen if I try to uninstall 2D Home and 2D Unlock? Both have been frozen successfully.

Also what are "Breeze 5.0.0" and "Dawn 5.0.0?"

Guest rsrocha

Browsing the filesystem i found out that the first part of the update is the vanilla ics os. The second step is the vendor update that makes the phone branded or not with custom settings for countries.

When installing the vendor update it creates the /cust folder and you can find there various xml files for specific configurations.

To make an european version we only need to work on the vendor update part. We need to extract it, modify settings on the .prop and xlm files, add the apk's and repack it again for flash.

Guest runlevel5

depends what u call bad.wifi browsing eats my battery,dropping 1% every few minutes.writing this it has dropped 2%.I struggle to get a days use.it wasn't much better on other roms tho.

and another 1%..

Guest andy.hyde4

i cannot use it for a day been looking for a higher capacity battery but cant find any right now. before on DAZ's ICS it gave me 5 hours screen on and the stock rom gave me 6 and a half this gives me about 2 :/

Guest runlevel5

on other android, namely htc wildfire running cm7,the thing to do was let the battery get below 10%,do a full charge,then wipe battery stats in CWM.then use phons as normal for a few days to allow battery to calibrate.

no idea if it helps on g300. I haven't got round to trying it yet.

Guest Sonny Atwal

i cannot use it for a day been looking for a higher capacity battery but cant find any right now. before on DAZ's ICS it gave me 5 hours screen on and the stock rom gave me 6 and a half this gives me about 2 :/

you need to wipe the battery stats, dalvik cache, etc in CWM.

I think the best way to do it is.

1. Wipe everything in CWM (4 different wipes altogether, data, cache, dalvik cache and battery)

2. Charge until full whilst phone is on.

3. Turn phone off and charge again (even though it is fully charged).

4. Turn phone on and charge again (even though it is fully charged).

5. Repeat steps 1-4 again (even though it is fully charged).

now your battery should be charging properly to 100%.

Edited by Sonny Atwal

So I have to wipe all data? Including the app data and stuff? But of a pain

Erm, no you don't need to wipe everything, that is an extreme overkill to say the least. But wiping the battery stats will probably help.

I've used this a few times, easy enough to do and no wiping needed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&hl=en

Guest Ascend

I was getting poor battery after upgrade to ICS. Tried various things to no avail but then tried BatteryCalibration app and it has improved markedly. Couple of days with light/mod use.

Guest Davidoff59

Battery stats/ calibration doesn't do a thing. Search for Dianne Hackbornes responce on Google+ in regards to this.

Dianne is a Google Engineer.

Guest fr0do

It may just correct the stats, but they should self adjust anyway after a few reboots. Swapping roms confuses stats, which is why some advise wiping on flash. Not strictly necessary though.

Guest tillaz

Battery stats/ calibration doesn't do a thing. Search for Dianne Hackbornes responce on Google+ in regards to this.

Dianne is a Google Engineer.

it just deletes the "batterystats.bin"

lol, Dianne gets owned in every version of android

framework-res.apk / res / values / bools.xml

<bool name="config_annoy_dianne">true</bool>
[/CODE]

Guest Maximus9

Yes, this is what the app description says:

"Calibration needs to be done after flashing a new ROM, but you can calibrate any time you think your battery is miscalibrated. This program does it by removing the batterystats.bin system file. The OS generates a new clean batterystats file soon, thus any fake information from the previous ROM is removed.

It's suggested, but not necessary, to let the phone fully discharge after calibration, then charged to 100% without break.

The app shows your actual battery status, and only allows you to start the calibration (i.e. removes the file) when it's fully charged, unless you force earlier calibration.

The voltage meter can be useful too. Full charge is around 4200mV.

There is an option to beep when 100% is reached so you don't have to closley follow the changes."