[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest jventura

Any luck in porting FM Radio on this ROM for Blade?

I'm doing it right now.. So far it starts the FM app (from cm7), but the native functions (JNI) always return -1..

I have limited availability so it will take some time to make this work, if it will work some day! :)

I'm doing it right now.. So far it starts the FM app (from cm7), but the native functions (JNI) always return -1..

I have limited availability so it will take some time to make this work, if it will work some day! :)

Thanks Jventura. Good to know that you are working on FM Radio for Blade, as till now we do not have FM Radio in CM9, CM10, CM10.1 ROMs for Blade.

KonstaT tried for it earlier on CM10 as mentioned in http://www.modaco.co.../page__st__1700

Best of Luck for you and hoping to hear good news from you someday :)

Edited by anantk

Guest jventura

any update for this rom i love this :D

I have an update which fixes the Audio routing problems and the Youtube problems (Daemond patches). However, I'm still trying to fix FM Radio, that is why I haven't upload anything.

Next update will have all this fixes, including (I hope) the FM radio.. :)

Edited by jventura

I have an update which fixes the Audio routing problems and the Youtube problems (Daemond patches). However, I'm still trying to fix FM Radio, that is why I haven't upload anything.

Waiting for the good news about FM Radio from you soon :)

oh nice thanks

The Viber app will work?

Guest jventura

The Viber app will work?

I can confirm that Skype calls are working through the earphone which we use normally for telephone calls. :)

Since Viber doesn't have "test" calls like Skype does, I tried to call a friend. He did not answer the call but it seemed that the calling sound came from the earphone speaker too like one would expect.. So I guess yes, it is working, but I will need to test it better..

Guest jpblade

I'm going to try it because of the whole battery issue. cant charge my phone twice a day or so. I'm on CM10.1 now, do I need to wipe anything or just flash this ROM. Thank you!

Guest Pau Tantan

I'm going to try it because of the whole battery issue. cant charge my phone twice a day or so. I'm on CM10.1 now, do I need to wipe anything or just flash this ROM. Thank you!

You need to do all wipes because it's a completely different ROM and different Android version.

Guest jpblade

You need to do all wipes because it's a completely different ROM and different Android version.

Thank you very much. I'm gonna report my impressions after a few days of use.

Guest jventura

Thank you very much. I'm gonna report my impressions after a few days of use.

I also recommend reading the 3rd post regarding battery efficiency.. Also allow a few days for it to settle down..

Guest jpblade

I also recommend reading the 3rd post regarding battery efficiency.. Also allow a few days for it to settle down..

About that, do you reccomend wiping battery stats and when should that be done (before flashing rom, what battery level etc)

Edited by jpblade

Guest jventura

About that, do you reccomend wiping battery stats and when should that be done (before flashing rom, what battery level etc)

No need to wipe battery stats.. It will be wiped by itself, although it is now widely accepted that wiping battery statistics has no effect on battery efficiency.. It is just a table keeping the battery usage values of applications through reboots!

Guest jventura

Hi there,

just compiled a new build, check the download link on the first post.. :)

It implements the Audio routing and the Alignment and copy size for video output, both patches by user Daemond of this forum.

• The audio routing patch fixes problems with the audio being routed to the loud speaker in applications such as Skype and Viber (I need confirmation that audio in Viber is working as expected!), and in notifications being routed to the earphones (when plugged, of course)
  • The video patch fixes some problems in some videos which had small artifacts regarding colors, mainly when the video size was not a multiple of 16. An example was "Nyam cat original video" which does not show any artifacts after the patch.

Users who have been using the latest two versions can install this new version without the need for cleaning data..

Regarding FM, it is harder than I expected, I don't know if I will be able to make it work, so no ETA's (Estimated Time of Arrival).. :)

Edited by jventura

i had full wipe and format system. When i install this rom,i see this message in cwm "Installing extras... skipping ,not enough space for extras" i have 160mb partition

Sry for bad english

Guest jventura

i had full wipe and format system. When i install this rom,i see this message in cwm "Installing extras... skipping ,not enough space for extras" i have 160mb partition

No problem there.. It always says that because I've removed the "extras" folder in the zip files, but I haven't changed the script to ignore it! :)

Bottom line is, if you have 160MB (as I do) it will work because I always test what I upload, otherwise I explicitly mention it..