Forthcoming MoDaCo Custom ICS ROM discussion topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dazzozo

I imagine the yet-to-be-released downgrade method will probably kick-start work on a software unlock. If we can now completely hop to any official update, sounds pretty promising.

Guest Lgdslr

Looks great!

Can't wait to get a fully functional ICS on this phone. Gingerbread just doesn't compete any more.

Also I'd appreciate the power thing in the notifications too.

Will this ROM lock the bootloader too?

Edited by Lgdslr

Guest FrankieADZ

I imagine the yet-to-be-released downgrade method will probably kick-start work on a software unlock. If we can now completely hop to any official update, sounds pretty promising.

now that sounds promising if it did....just as long as we didnt need to root & flash recovery on every time :)

Guest Davidoff59

What affect will this have on the official European ics upgrade if we flash the Chinese Version? The official uk rom shouldn't have the new U8818 radio data or boot loader data in it so I imagine it will fail to update. It will be looking for older boot loader, see a newer version and fail surely?

Guest PaulOBrien

Will this one have the partition swap too?

No need, the 750MB partition seems to be gone / unused in ICS? There is no concept of /data and internal SD, just /data which is 2GB.

P

Guest Gary_J_Wright

What affect will this have on the official European ics upgrade if we flash the Chinese Version? The official uk rom shouldn't have the new U8818 radio data or boot loader data in it so I imagine it will fail to update. It will be looking for older boot loader, see a newer version and fail surely?

let just say ive gone to ics for u8818 back to b882 then back to ics again , so hopefully will work with eu ics for u8815

Guest Hpez

No need, the 750MB partition seems to be gone / unused in ICS? There is no concept of /data and internal SD, just /data which is 2GB.

P

Yeah, this has had me scratching my head but it looks like there is a 750mb partition, the internal 2gb gets mounted as /sdcard and the proper sdcard gets mounted as /sdcard2.

Airdroid reports a 750 internal storage and 2 gb sdcard

post-923750-0-37946100-1341427965_thumb.

TB shows the same as well as the proper sdcard.

post-923750-0-98326500-1341427960_thumb.

App settings show a 750 storage.

post-923750-0-66995000-1341427964_thumb.

But Storage shows it as 2gb

post-923750-0-22510100-1341427962_thumb.

Very odd setup.

Guest feckineejit

any chance of a tutorial with root, clockworkmod, chinese ics, unlock bootloader, mcr ics? its getting confusing which builds you have to flash to be able to install ics and which ones prevent you from downgrading, which order you have to do it all in etc.

+1 to this as i would like to to put ics on my phone but haven't got a clue where to start with all the threads on the forum, totally confused even tho i've been reading all posts. :wacko:

Guest Hpez

+1 to this as i would like to to put ics on my phone but haven't got a clue where to start with all the threads on the forum, totally confused even tho i've been reading all posts. :wacko:

This covers all the steps needed: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355563-romics-miuiv4-274-for-the-huawei-ascend-g300last-updated-0407/#entry1982381

Feel free to post if your not sure about anything but it pretty much is that straight forward.

Guest timfimjim

let just say ive gone to ics for u8818 back to b882 then back to ics again , so hopefully will work with eu ics for u8815

Please can you link me to the guide you followed?

Edit just seen your topic

Edited by timfimjim

Guest Geoff2

If you're going to include a pull-down power widget, would it be possible to include a toggle switch for mobile data? I had this on a custom gingerbread rom on my Orange San Francisco, and it was really useful. If you were travelling abroad, you could quickly ensure you weren't going to be stung with any roaming fees, and it was an easy way to ensure you weren't getting any in-app adverts, e.g. in Angry Birds. Also, I think switching off the data helps conserve the battery.

Guest Dazzozo

I would assume one isn't being included as it is apparently close to AOSP. Could be something for the kitchen though. ;)

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I will say once paul releases this i'm gonna be using! well for a day @ least..... :P then i guess i will get bored and play as my g300 is a toy... well 2nd phone! hence i can kill it and not be stuffed

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest tronads

I know the Huawei apps are being removed, but I quite like their Clock/Weather widget (it's nice anc colorful, though it never seems to show the sun!). Is it possible for me to back this up and install it when I go ICS ?

Guest FrankieADZ

I know the Huawei apps are being removed, but I quite like their Clock/Weather widget (it's nice anc colorful, though it never seems to show the sun!). Is it possible for me to back this up and install it when I go ICS ?

I'd a thought so, its only a apk i think

Guest tronads

I'd a thought so, its only a apk i think

I had a look, and found "totemWeather.apk", which I would imagine is the file I need....so I have copied it elsewhere for later use. Thanks.

Guest seraphim2017

2 things.

Is there any way the Huawei lock screen with 4 way selection could be kept? I love it and for me it's so much better to instantly go to camera than to unlock first etc.

Any way (odd request) to somehow get the circle battery mod from old android (that used to be on the San Fran) as i hate no knowing battery life as a number and being able to see this from top bar would be brilliant! (my G300 is on 57 hours of 'up time' so far with 30% battery left which seems better than a lot of other handsets I've tried recently!)

Ta