[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

You should really use Google Drive to be honest, Dropbox isn't really good with people mass sharing files but Google is pretty much fine with it. That would be wicked if you could do that.

Has google released a linux client yet?

Edit : Nop, no luck on that. So I won't be able to automate the upload with Drive

Google Drive isn't currently available for the Linux operating system. Linux users can still access Google Drive on the web – drive.google.com or through the Google Drive mobile app.
Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Not an official one but you can use Grive

You just need to set it up the first time with "grive -a" and use the key it gives you to link to your google drive account, then in future you just run the "grive" command to sync up. Hopefully Google will get their finger out with an Ubuntu/Linux client soon, I've got an Ubuntu home server and want/need it too.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest MadEye Moody

BTW, getting compile error.

frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:54:18: error: 'int const OMX_QCOM_COLOR_FormatYUV420PackedSemiPlanar64x32Tile2m8ka' redeclared as different kind of symbol

./frameworks/native/include/media/openmax/OMX_IVCommon.h:166:5: error: previous declaration of 'OMX_COLOR_FORMATTYPE OMX_QCOM_COLOR_FormatYUV420PackedSemiPlanar64x32Tile2m8ka'

frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android::OMXCodec::allocateOutputBuffersFromNativeWindow()':

frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:1774:73: warning: enumeral mismatch in conditional expression: '<anonymous enum>' vs 'OMX_COLOR_FORMATTYPE' [enabled by default]

make: *** [out/target/product/blade2/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libstagefright_intermediates/OMXCodec.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Guest MadEye Moody

Compile script created, testing

Edit :

Can anyone test if they are seeing a test.zip here. Its a dropbox folder under Photos (Folder sharing seems to be possible under photos)

http://db.tt/wZ2bpm0j

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest MadEye Moody

OK

Some problem with '. build/envsetup.sh' command. I don't think that can be invoked from a script as such

Edit : Stupid me

I should use

#! /bin/bash

instead of

#! /bin/sh

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest Dazzozo

Daz, will we see a new build sometime soon? Been checking the nightly but it's not nightly lol

Nightly condition, not nightly builds.

There's no reason for a newer build yet. Things have only been broken since. Why are you all going out of your way to desperately build right now?

I build when it's safe to do so, I don't go out of my way to build on broken sources. Chill out guys, seriously.

Guest Dazzozo

That's been fixed locally, and is not available in any repos, as I said. I'm probably not going to push things until I build next.

Edit: and as I also said, I can't build right now because sources are broken for us. Sure, you can have all your delicious paid apps working but how are you going to handle having no graphics rendered?

Guest menado

Love the latest build. Very slick and gives a real boost to the phone.

I now have 2 problems. I cannot install apps from google play, and I cannot move any apps from internal storage to SD card. Hope there's an easy solution. Thanks again for all your hard work and great developments.

Guest BelfastLad

Daz

First time poster - had to register to thank to you and the other developers for all your efforts on this. Looking forward to seeing this develop for the TMV I've just bought at the new £49.99 price point - Superb value for money or what!

The phone will be going to my 11yr old daughter who is really more concerned that it looks the part, plays Angry Birds and lets her use 'Viber' for free wifi calls to her mates . On a personal recommendation then, would you suggest I start with FnC, CM7 or CM9 while giving this project time to get safely out of alpha?? As a non-techie user she will just want a super-stable experience.

I'm asking you since you seem to have been involved in practically every one of these Roms. LOL !!

Apologies if this is hijacking the thread - really just wanted to say thanks more than anything.

Guest Dazzozo

If you want everything working use FnC. I treat CM9 and CM7 as if they are in the same state - some things aren't working, some never will (hardware decoding), some haven't had the necessary work yet but they're pretty good and most consider them to be fairly minor issues. If you really want looks then I think Google won that one with ICS.

Any of them will play Angry Birds. ;)

Guest MadEye Moody

Got the output filename as cm-10-20120725-UNOFFICIAL-blade2.zip. don't know why

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest grillmm

Got the output filename as cm-10-20120725-UNOFFICIAL-blade2.zip. don't know why

I suggests to run 'rm -rf out/target' before build.

Guest MadEye Moody

I suggests to run 'rm -rf out/target' before build.

I'll try that.

I'm using the USE_CACHE=1. without it compiling takes ages

Guest MadEye Moody

I'll try that.

I'm using the USE_CACHE=1. without it compiling takes ages

~/android/source/cm$ du -sh out/*

4.0K    out/casecheck.txt

4.0K    out/CaseCheck.txt

5.3G    out/host

9.4G    out/target

4.0K    out/versions_checked.mk

which one is reused by CCACHE, out/host or out/target ?

Guest MadEye Moody

Removing old target dir

rm: it is dangerous to operate recursively on `/'

rm: use --no-preserve-root to override this failsafe

Thanks to rm not allowing me to remove /. Typo in variable name in script

i was using

rm -rf $ANDROID_TARGET_DIR/

instead of

rm -rf $ANDROID_BUILD_TARGET_DIR/

Guest MadEye Moody

OK, I have made a shell script that would sync, apply the display patch, setup the build environment, compile and copy the output to a pre-set directory.

It is designed to create nightlies when we get to that point

This has not yet been tested as a cronjob, but running it manually works ok.

Suggestions and improvements are welcome

Link:

http://db.tt/hiJ6fEyw

Guest Dazzozo

This is nothing you can really cron. That patch could be merged at any time, my repo could require things that you don't know about from gerrit, all sorts. This stuff changes too much. Maybe when CM10 actually has official nightlies it would be worth considering.

I honestly don't know why you guys are doing this but it is just going to end in broken builds.

Guest MadEye Moody

This is nothing you can really cron. That patch could be merged at any time, my repo could require things that you don't know about from gerrit, all sorts. This stuff changes too much. Maybe when CM10 actually has official nightlies it would be worth considering.

I honestly don't know why you guys are doing this but it is just going to end in broken builds.

Well, it is one of the good things about OSS, if someone wants unfinished/ongoing/might-not-even run/could-destroy-the-system products, he/she can have it :P

I just did this to brush up my scripting skills and got a bit carried away with it.

PS : You can simply disable the unmerged commit pull by disabling CUSTOM_PATCHES_ENABLED variable. I've put such changes at the beginning of the script

PS2 : I'm still working on it, so you might see changes in the file after some time