[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

OK. the script seems to be working properly so, i've stopped working on it for now. I didn't expect to write 200 lines when i began this.

I made it so that I won't have to come back to build process again just to do the next step and then thought that it might be useful for someone else as well.

Guest Rattonboy

This morning I have installed CM10 on the ZTE Crescent, now I have CM10 on both my ZTE Blade and ZTE Crescent. Thanks a lot Dazzozo and KonstaT. Great job. wink.png

Guest Dazzozo

No builds tonight, either I inadvertently or something broke the framebuffer HAL, while I think I reverted the change that caused it if it was my doing, it's still broken.

It'll probably be something basic that'll get fixed tomorrow.

Guest MadEye Moody

The build I made (after syncing) at 4:32 PM UTC was working ok. it must be something after that.

I'll post my sync output

From git://github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2

77d6b7f..a92f3f1  jellybean  -> github/jellybean

From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_ti_wlan

+ c5529fd...c205866 jellybean  -> github/jellybean  (forced update)

hardware/ti/wlan/: discarding 7 commits

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, I tried playing with the framebuffer stuff in the kernel and some of that probably wasn't cleaned up.

I'll properly reset my kernel working dir tomorrow.

Guest MadEye Moody

Yeah, I tried playing with the framebuffer stuff in the kernel and some of that probably wasn't cleaned up.

I'll properly reset my kernel working dir tomorrow.

The libcopybit thing's a lot. Its still referring to skate for LOCAL_MODULE but I can't find that file

https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2/commit/a92f3f13252bed676284c0e898dad02433df096b#L3R31

PS : I have no idea as to what that is, just a wild guess

Guest Dazzozo

New builds up, and a bit of a note with these. Turn on "disable HW overlays" and "don't keep activities" in developer settings, makes things a lot smoother.

There's a lot of discovery work going on at the moment and we have some situations where things look Nexus 7 smooth, but there's a lot of complications.

Guest MadEye Moody
Moved SD card mount location (again), should actually work this time

I didn't understand, what was not working earlier?

Guest Dazzozo

I didn't understand, what was not working earlier?

We had it at the Jelly Bean default (/storage/sdcard0) before but there were problems with apps not being able to read the SD card. We reverted it back to how it was in all previous ROMs (/mnt/sdcard) for the time being, those issues have now been fixed and we're at the Jelly Bean default again.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Is it just me or is the tracking off on the SF2 rom? Can't use the keyboard properly and tracking is off on the screen too and I've definitely installed the right rom (cm-10-20120731-UNOFFICIAL-blade2_p736v) , are they labelled wrong?

Seems to detect slightly above where I'm pressing, also seems to be worse at the bottom of the screen? I can't press "About" at all in settings.

Also still can't install paid apps from the market (it actually hadn't shown that I had bought the apps but my paid apps appeared after a reboot).

I know you're probably well aware of all these bugs but just to let others know of the progress/problems.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest MadEye Moody

Paid app installation problem still exists

Couldn't install on USB storage or SD Card[/CODE]

Edit : I haven't yet done a full wipe. will test it in the evening and confirm

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest chris231

I'm not using gapps. Not until I have a TPT which can accommodate CM10 + gapps without trimming.

Daz I've just been trying out using the gapps-medium from blade here:

with your rom build and these gapps (no trimming) the install size seems to be about 212mb so should fit on the 220mb TPTs that are floating around.

I'm guessing it isn't a problem using these gapps?

But to save you doing it and keep you working on the CM10 build, I could create a TPT. Name your sizes?

Chris

Guest Rattonboy

installed the latest cm10 but some of the settings doesn't seem to work like the lock screen and my home button doesn't work either so i may revert back to the previous update. I know you work hard to get these builds up and i am grateful. (thumbs up to you sir)

EDIT: Reflashed and the home button and the lock screen works. Thank you. though i can't seem to move apps to the sd card.

Edited by Rattonboy

Guest Dazzozo

Daz I've just been trying out using the gapps-medium from blade here:

http://www.modaco.co...10-android-411/

with your rom build and these gapps (no trimming) the install size seems to be about 212mb so should fit on the 220mb TPTs that are floating around.

I'm guessing it isn't a problem using these gapps?

But to save you doing it and keep you working on the CM10 build, I could create a TPT. Name your sizes?

Chris

It isn't a problem, no, but I would like to be using the goo.im ones.

I think there's a Skate TPT with a 260mb system with data adjusted accordingly.

Guest chris231

I think there's a Skate TPT with a 260mb system with data adjusted accordingly.

Is 260mb the size needed to make it all fit?

Could put a TPT together for that size and test.

Guest cartwheelbob

Great work guys. I'm having an issue with Google Play for JB. I've installed from apk but force closes when I try to open.. any ideas? Not a huge issue as I got titanium installed

Edited by cartwheelbob

Guest MadEye Moody

Great work guys. I'm having an issue with Google Play for JB. I've installed from apk but force closes when I try to open.. any ideas? Not a huge issue as I got titanium installed

try clearing data for Google play