[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest abarthman

Managed to replicate the no notification sound when messing about with the zedge ringtones app and I chose to select ringtones from android system always.

Rebooted it and can hear them again. There's definitely something amiss.

Guest raizor6th

Hello everyone, firstly go easy on me, been away since April and trying to figure out how to install CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.1), firstly i have the oled screen, had the phone from day one when they went on sale. I upgraded from gen 1 to gen 2 about 1yr and a half ago, and installed a few roms but my phone is on Swedish Snow RLS7 atm. I installed - ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.2, then downloaded CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.1) with the gapps jb-20120815-KonstaKANG.zip. i done a backup of my rom and then tried to install CyanogenMod 10, everything seems to have gone ok in clockwork but the rom just stays on the spinning CyanogenMod bootup screen, and doesn't seem to go any further. can someone tell me what might be the problem, just don't want to trawl through thousands of posts to find an answer, i have tried typing in search box but got no answer. any help greatly appreciated.

for how long did you wait? it usually took me 10+ mins or more of waiting untill bootanimation gone from after installation and of 1st boot of installation and the rest of the startups would be faster.

Guest raizor6th

Hello everyone, firstly go easy on me, been away since April and trying to figure out how to install CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.1), firstly i have the oled screen, had the phone from day one when they went on sale. I upgraded from gen 1 to gen 2 about 1yr and a half ago, and installed a few roms but my phone is on Swedish Snow RLS7 atm. I installed - ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.2, then downloaded CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.1) with the gapps jb-20120815-KonstaKANG.zip. i done a backup of my rom and then tried to install CyanogenMod 10, everything seems to have gone ok in clockwork but the rom just stays on the spinning CyanogenMod bootup screen, and doesn't seem to go any further. can someone tell me what might be the problem, just don't want to trawl through thousands of posts to find an answer, i have tried typing in search box but got no answer. any help greatly appreciated.

for how long did you wait? it usually took me 10+ mins or more of waiting untill bootanimation gone from after installation and of 1st boot of installation and the rest of the startups would be faster.

Guest jackal-sk

Um I see, I couldn't get them working even with touch sounds off (I set them off with every rom). It would be great if this'd be fixed, it's a big flaw for me I need being notified :)

No it's much worse. In sleep mode it's about the same but on use this rom goes down faster about 30%.

how did you measure that? for me its the same, because I must reload the battery every evening, like it was with CM7.X

how did you measure that? for me its the same, because I must reload the battery every evening, like it was with CM7.X

what are you doing with the phone - i've always charged my phone about once a week with cm7, 9 and 10; even with 3g you should be getting way more than a day's use. is your battery fscked or do you have a lot of widgets causing wakelocks or is brightness on full and wifi on all the time?

what are you doing with the phone - i've always charged my phone about once a week with cm7, 9 and 10; even with 3g you should be getting way more than a day's use. is your battery fscked or do you have a lot of widgets causing wakelocks or is brightness on full and wifi on all the time?

well, I am going to work by train and watching streaming videos about 1,5 hours a day and also sending lots of sms and calls to manage my volleyball group ;-)

in holidays without internet connection its no problem to recharge only once a week

I am kind of power-user I think, but charging once a day is ok for me and if you think how old this piece of hardware is... its a great phone! (thanks to all devs for putting this device up to date!)

Guest The Stkfigure

I keep getting an error saying (bad) each time i try to flash. :/

Yes, I've checked the md5sum and it matches correctly..

Edit:

False Alarm. I downloaded from the http://zteblade.eu server directly to my phone and it works, Probably had a problem while copying the file from PC to Phone. [i had checked my md5sum from the PC]

Edited by The Stkfigure

Guest targetbsp

The battery duration is better than CM 7.2?

Depends on the CM7 kernel you are using. It's better than the bad for battery life kernels. I've not been using it long enough to say whether its as good as or better than the good for battery CM7 kernels but certainly the battery life in general is good on this rom.

Guest feckineejit

Thanks for replying back to me, I waited at least 15 - 20 mins but it just stayed on spinning logo. Will give it a try soon again and leave it longer. I done a full wipe, data/ factory wipe, dalvic cache wipe, format/ system, then installed the cyanomod rom and then the gapps and booted up. I'm sure I've done everything right

EDIT: All sorted now, tried again and for some reason it only took about 3 mins to boot.

Edited by feckineejit

Guest raizor6th

Thanks for replying back to me, I waited at least 15 - 20 mins but it just stayed on spinning logo. Will give it a try soon again and leave it longer. I done a full wipe, data/ factory wipe, dalvic cache wipe, format/ system, then installed the cyanomod rom and then the gapps and booted up. I'm sure I've done everything right

EDIT: All sorted now, tried again and for some reason it only took about 3 mins to boot.

well, good for you or maybe my estimation was not quite accurate and i shouldn't say i waited for 10mins for it only happened to me once and to make you at patience i said 10mins cause this is a good ROM for you to experience. And i always go for fresh installation so the 3mins boot time was more certain. Edited by raizor6th

I tried to boot to recovery and install latest clockworkmod but when i go to rom manager,its still version 5.0.2. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

yes get rid of rom manager

I tried to boot to recovery and install latest clockworkmod but when i go to rom manager,its still version 5.0.2. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

rommanager bug, it assumes any recovery it doesn't know about is the latest version it knows about, i.e. 5.5.0.2

ditch rommanager, who needs it with cwm touch?

I have strange behaviour with notification volume too. Tried to disable profile in setting and use basic volume setting but don't correct the problem.

after a lot of thinking I decided to try JB. the good part was it's much snappier (as expected), but I had trouble with the volume too.

once every few hours the phone stopped notifying me about SMS and calls received. it just made no sound. I then would re select a ringtone and it would work for a few hours and reset again.

the in call volume too. even though it said to be the highest it was the lowest and I had to change it every call. I disabled profiles but it didn't help. went back to ICS for now, but the ROM is very nice!

rommanager bug, it assumes any recovery it doesn't know about is the latest version it knows about, i.e. 5.5.0.2

ditch rommanager, who needs it with cwm touch?

Thanks! Youre absolutely right, who needs that. Thanks for your help.

Guest snarkavenger

Hi, I've been using this a few months now and it keeps getting better. I just updated to 15.9 today and the CRT power off animation flashes the screen back on at the end then goes properly blank. Just feedback, it doesn't bother me.

Konsta:

Today I was checking out Gerrit and I saw an interesting comment in Rashed's EGL-patch. It stated that "egl.conf can be configured to use new adreno libs removing line "0 0 android"" So I deleted that line, compiled the ROM and now it seems to be actually more fluent than with that line (with a bit of yellowish flashing at some rendering). Can you experiment with this and the egl patches a bit? I'm beginning to suspect those are not really needed any more but I have no time (and even skills) to do it myself.

Guest joaopinto80

Um I see, I couldn't get them working even with touch sounds off (I set them off with every rom). It would be great if this'd be fixed, it's a big flaw for me I need being notified

Had the same problem as you, I think I forgot to format/delete "/system" when I first flashed the rom.

What solved it for me was to again "wipe data" and "wipe dalvik cache", and this time remembering to "format /system", I flashed rom again and sounds were ok. Hope it helps

Edited by joaopinto80

Guest deksman2

Just installed CM10 a few hours ago.

Seems pretty good.

It basically behaves in the same way CM9 did (from what I am able to observe thus far).

I also implemented the disable CPU rendering patch... seems to boot a lot faster (the rest appears to function like it did before with 'maybe' a bit more speed - though this could be a placebo effect).

Anyone tried to disable CPU rendering on Gingerbread though and see whether it worked?

Konsta:

Today I was checking out Gerrit and I saw an interesting comment in Rashed's EGL-patch. It stated that "egl.conf can be configured to use new adreno libs removing line "0 0 android"" So I deleted that line, compiled the ROM and now it seems to be actually more fluent than with that line (with a bit of yellowish flashing at some rendering). Can you experiment with this and the egl patches a bit? I'm beginning to suspect those are not really needed any more but I have no time (and even skills) to do it myself.

This has already been discussed on few previous pages. It became a topic when it was put to xda news (lol they have such a brilliant news team ;)). I suggest that you (and everybody else) actually reads the original the xda thread. Yeah, the android's own renderer is redundant because it's not used if there is adreno available. Removing it doesn't do anything either. Some say it helps (good for them) - I say it's placebo from rebooting your device. :P