[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest predragiPredrag

Thanks for link!  :)

(But my Sms app is prettier than the original!  :P )

NP :)

Well for the ones that want stock sms, we have both versions :P

Guest styrofoam

Yes, that's better!  ^_^  :D

Well, I put the Rom Infusion after several months under Slim B952, and I find it slower, I think put the Slim!  :wacko:

Edited by styrofoam

Guest predragiPredrag

Problem is that only CM9 is fast enough for ICS rom on our phone... Even Baidu roms got bad after 20 updates, how they managed to do it beats me :D

Guest styrofoam
Only Slim is fast on my G300, others are slow, and the WiFi is a long turn on CM9! <_<

But I love to put themes, I'll try again CM9!  :P

I've never tried above, CM10 is fast?  :blush:

Guest predragiPredrag

I have hynix memory so 4.4 is no go for me or I will fry my phone :(

Either way I am using CM9 with KernelSamePage mergin enabled and zRam disabled so I will report results :)

Guest predragiPredrag

Ah ok, I see, thanks! I've never activated!

The battery is consumed quickly under Infusion, it consumes less under CM9?

For now it does, I will know in several days when rom cools down :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi members

I m looking for a custom ROM which includes the eap-sim authentification under wifi settings.

this is required to use french freewifi network.

Is this setting available in thé wifi network settings ? This is include in the stock roms but not in all customs ones.

Many thanks for yours feedback s !

I'm quit newbie in custom roms.

I'm used before the last stock rom B952 with ICS 4.0.3 and this setting was present in the WIFI settings.

I'm have flashed only the STOCK+ B960 on my phone because this one sounds me interesting. after flashing, I discovered the eap-sim feature was not present in this rom and this feature is a major one for me.

Do you mean I should focus on custom roms based on the B952 first? Is it possible WIFI drivers (or something similar) can be changed/removed/touched in customs roms?

Thanks for your interest ;D

Sorry - I can't really answer your last question.

But if stock B952 has the option and B960 does not then I would certainly try whatever B952 based custom ROMs exist and see if they also have the option.

I don't know if installing other bits (e.g. RIL, wifi drivers etc.) might control whether or not this option is available. Sorry...

Hi dalyer thanks for your technical and clear answers. Maybe in french forums I could get a list of roms which include this feature. I will ask @ styrofoam. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi members,

Is there someone who could say me if the following setting is available in the INFUSION ROM :

WIFI On->WIFi Settings->Get 802.1 secure network near the phone (Free_Wifi_Secure in France)-long press->Modify network

Authentication :Get EAP-SIM or EAPSIM or similar in this choice list

Many thanks!!

Edited by mandvb

Hi dalyer,

I read somewhere there is a risk to flash the phone due to Hynix memories. Unfortunately, I've got these ones in my phone. So I would like to flash as less as possible.

Do you agree on my approach? Is there a real risk with these memories?

I don't think that there's a general risk in flashing stuff on Hynix eMMC G300s.

The suspicion is that flashing 3.4 kernel based ROMs/recoveries etc. specifically might be risky.

If you avoid 3.4 kernel based stuff then I don't think that you are living any more dangerously than is assumed to be normal with Hynix eMMC...

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my conclusion : this rom includes the eapsim protocol.

But this rom does not include mails app, excepted GMail. Do you have a link to download the stock application, or any preconisation to a nice mail appl?

Regards!