r2: Legacy Play Store (with all purchased apps visible)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Neil294

Works well for me!

adb remount

adb push PhoneskyLegacy.apk /system/app

adb shell

cd /system/app

chmod 644 PhoneskyLegacy.apk

Thanks for the idiot-proof instructions (and of course thanks to Paul for the app)! Have got this working on my Nexus 7 now and have re-discovered a load of apps I'd forgotten about.

Guest fpineda101

How do you prevent the app from auto-updating? Worked for me using Root Explorer, setting permissions to

x x x

x

x

and rebooting

Guest icanrule

Same problem. Moment I install it does an update to newest store. :(. I'm using Galaxy Nexus with aopk 4.04. Any way to stop the update?

Guest PaulOBrien

New update released! :)

Install in the same way as above - push to /system/app, chmod to 644, reboot. I can create an update zip if this will help people?

Changelog below.

P

Changelog

r2

• Modified 'My Apps' list order to show 'Not Installed' apps above 'Installed' apps
  • Improved compatability with AOSP ROMs

Guest reftheking

New update released! :)

Install in the same way as above - push to /system/app, chmod to 644, reboot. I can create an update zip if this will help people?

Changelog below.

P

Changelog

r2

• Modified 'My Apps' list order to show 'Not Installed' apps above 'Installed' apps
  • Improved compatability with AOSP ROMs

A "update.zip" would be very helpful :)

Guest mrshark

hi, i've a problem... i'm on stock galaxy note 4.0.4 LRG rom, rooted and CWMed... if i open legacy market V2, it works as expected, except if there is any update available! if the note says there's 1 or more updates, if i open legacy version and go to MY APPS, it says ALL THE TIME: "no network connection", and a RETRY button... but i can navigate in other section, install other apps, etc... only MY APPS is inaccessible until i open the standard play store, do the updates, then if i return to legacy and go to MY APPS, it THEN works... tried many times, every time there's any update MY APPS says NO NETWORK CONNECTION... but THERE IS connection, as i said... solutions?

Edited by mrshark

Guest Shuflie

I can see purchased, and previously loaded free, apps in the regular play store, just A bit more hidden than before. Look in the menu bar for a download icon on right, clicking it brings back my apps with installed and all.

Guest lrm537

I can see purchased, and previously loaded free, apps in the regular play store, just A bit more hidden than before. Look in the menu bar for a download icon on right, clicking it brings back my apps with installed and all.

If you hadn't mentioned that I would've never known.

Guest TEMarc

:angry2: "I'M NOT YELLING, I'M EXCITED."

Twice I tried, and twice I no-go'd. HTC Flyer w/ CleanROM (from Scott's ROM).

It ran fine after the implant, but then I rebooted, and the joy was gone. Odd behavior on wi-fi; Play (neither .apks) and some other widgets couldn't connect, but some pushes worked. Oh well.

"I'll be back", just received a parcel from Louisville, KY. :D !!!

Guest lrm537
little update... again, 3 updates available, and in legacy store no network connection, while stock one reports them correctly...

Working fine for me at the moment. I've not noticed any problems with it at all. But I have only used it a few times.

Guest mrshark

can't see that icon... can you post a screenshot?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Torbjörn Hagel

Now all I need is for Paul to make a proper Web version with the same functionality! ;) Tnx a lot for this one, working fine on my HOX after erasing cache and data for the normal store. Gonna try it out on my TF101 in a couple of minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shelleyfrank

You can't imaging how grateful I am for this hack!! I've been waiting in vain for google to bring back the purchased list, like we all do. The brown paper bag is also very cute ;). You're a hero Paul! Thanks x

• 1 month later...
Guest Kudalufi

There is something wrong with the update checking in Play Legacy. First of all, I'd like to see it not check for updates at all, because I'd rather not have both it and the normal Google Play both checking. But secondly, there are apps that it misses when it does its update checks. I get a different number of apps requiring an update with Play Legacy. For example, Google Play detects that Dropbox and Gmail apps need updating, but Play Legacy doesn't.

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

This is not working on my Galaxy Nexus (Jelly Bean JRO03C).

I didn't add it to system/app/ I just installed it and it force closes!

I thought this was working fine, but it does not display all of my purchased apps, its missing quite a few in fact, and I can still see a lot of "free" apps I installed... am I missing something?

I pushed it to system and chmod 644 but when I first ran the app it updated automatically, is this not suppose to happen?

Edited by Shanti

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest daniello8

Works well .. thanks! .. I have to ask though if you could apply the patch to a newer version of play store. When in Multi User Profile this version still double installs while the newer version links to the app in the main profile.

Guest PaulOBrien
Works well .. thanks! .. I have to ask though if you could apply the patch to a newer version of play store. When in Multi User Profile this version still double installs while the newer version links to the app in the main profile.

Not possible in afraid, this is the last version of the store with the required code.

P