ICS 4.0.3 C00B934 (International Version) Official Site

Guest srspinto

Guest cozmaky

yes,i instaled it and the video resolution is 640x480,also the 2d acceleration is off by default.that mean huawei gived us a demo version of ice cream :(

Guest MiguelPereira

yes,i instaled it and the video resolution is 640x480,also the 2d acceleration is off by default.that mean huawei gived us a demo version of ice cream :(

Thanks!

I wish that it would mean an Jelly Bean update due around November with those two major issues sorted out!!! Day Dreaming! ^_^

Guest cozmaky

lol 4.1 for this phone?officialy this phone is dead,ice cream is the only update that this crap will get,if you want jely bean buy another phone,more powerfull with minimum 2 cores and 1gb ram,and o new generation of gpu,adreno 200 is a verry old chip.

Guest toge64

lol 4.1 for this phone?officialy this phone is dead,ice cream is the only update that this crap will get,if you want jely bean buy another phone,more powerfull with minimum 2 cores and 1gb ram,and o new generation of gpu,adreno 200 is a verry old chip.

dead?! how dare you

Edited by toge64

Guest ahatomastarday

However, Huawei stated that this phone would get Android 4.1 at some point... And FYI, Jelly Bean is actually better than Ice Cream Sandwich in terms of performance, Google has put some effort into that so phones with Jelly Bean will run in fact smoother than with Ice Cream Sandwich (Project Butter, they call it). Fortunately we're not in the Windows 95-98-XP-Vista era anymore, the "throw your hardware away, you have to update for the new OS" era. We were, at some point, with Android 2, but it looks like we aren't anymore. Or not as much as we were.

Edited by ahatomastarday

Guest FrankieADZ

lol....im pretty sure someone on here said that Huawei was working on 4.1 for there devices.....& knowing the community for the device in China...its more than likely to get 4.1.

Who cares if Huawei bring JB out or not. *cough* cm10 *cough* :P

Guest terry.n

I'm stuck - here's what I've done.

1. I was on 888, - flashed b892 to get on 'official' path
  2. didn't like it (voda crap etc), decided to try official ics
  3. downloaded b934, and tried to flash (both sd update, and holding down volume buttons) - got error saying 'update failed'
  4. download b926 - flashed successfully - has no play store etc
  5. tried b934 again - same error.

Has anybody managed to get b934 on without one of the root medthods?

Guest irishpancake

can this be installed straight over gingerbread?

Ehhh....first statement in first post [OP] in Dazzozo's CM10 Thread:

Presenting CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300!

This ROM will only work on a phone with a 2030 baseband version. If you flash this to a device with the 109808 baseband, the ROM will not boot. Therefore, this is only compatible with devices B926 and above.

Jelly Bean!

Just to be even more clear.....B926+ are ICS ROM's.....

So No to your question.....

Edited by irishpancake

Guest b4da55

Was talking about international B934 not cm10. Just thought cause it's official I might not need to go to 926/7.

Trust me I've been following cm10 so I know all about 2030 baseband

Guest irishpancake

Was talking about international B934 not cm10. Just thought cause it's official I might not need to go to 926/7.

Trust me I've been following cm10 so I know all about 2030 baseband

Apologies due to you...tendered?? OK

too fast to the keyboard me :blush: I think I was just excited by Cyda's post about CM10!!! Sorry.

Guest terry.n

Slightly odd - on the first page of the release notes:

The following versions can be upgraded.

Versions can be upgraded

U8815V100R001C00B915

U8815V100R001C00B916

U8815V100R001C00B918

U8815V100R001C00B929

U8815V100R001C00B933

None of which (AFAIK) has been seen in the wild (or are they around somewhere, like the snape?)

Slightly odd - on the first page of the release notes:

The following versions can be upgraded.

Versions can be upgraded

U8815V100R001C00B915

U8815V100R001C00B916

U8815V100R001C00B918

U8815V100R001C00B929

U8815V100R001C00B933

None of which (AFAIK) has been seen in the wild (or are they around somewhere, like the snape?)

The whole pdf sounds like it is meant to be read by redistributers/testers only, not for end users. Take a look at the word "secret" on each page.

This is what happend at huawei:

"OMG, finally vodaphone gave theire ok, so lets release this crap, im getting sick of it, people are asking for months now..."

... without taking a look at the contents of the actual rom-image.

Guest ahatomastarday

I asked Huawei through Twitter about this ROM. They've just replied me and it looks like this is the official and final version of the ICS upgrade from Huawei for the G300:

the full version of the international ICS upgrade for the Ascend G300 is available for download at http://ow.ly/dclCF

(https://twitter.com/...927683298406400)

Edited by ahatomastarday

Guest masidel

I can not install the update method, the progress bar gets to 33%, will wait to see if someone gets into a zip and installed by flasboot or CWN (recovery)

Guest ovecka

I have been hounding huawei on all social networking sites ie: fb/twitter, since I got this phone, and this is the most recent reply,

So Huawei officially recommends to wait for the Vodafone version. Wonder why.

Guest ahatomastarday

So Huawei officially recommends to wait for the Vodafone version. Wonder why.

Because this upgrade changes the baseband of the phone and Vodafone's version won't? Just a guess from what I've read here. I don't really know what the implications of the baseband change are, I've read people saying something about losing HSDPA connectivity. (Nothing to do with that, I was misinformed, apparently)

Edited by ahatomastarday

Guest b4da55

can someone help me understand im on B892 i need to get onto 2030 baseband. if this has the 2030 baseband could i use dload folder way or do i HAVE to go to B926/7 first