Official B936 Vodafone NZ

Guest donaldboyer

Found this http://www.tinhte.vn.../#post-23419250

Same place that leaked B934,files were posted today @ 7am so maybe.......just downloading anyway to have a look. smile.png

Update: It`s a dload+vendor folder (needs 7z to extract) just trying to extract the update.app and have a look.

Update 2: Extracted ok but can`t tell what version as i`m not geeky enough. biggrin.png Someone else will have to have a look now as work calls.

i can confirm that this is B927

ro.build.version.incremental=C00B927
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.build.description=U8815-user 4.0.3 GRJ90 C00B927 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:4.0.3/HuaweiU8815/C00B927:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.display.id=U8815V100R001C00B927
ro.confg.hw_appsbootversion=U8815V100R001C00B927_APPSBOOT
ro.confg.hw_appversion=U8815V100R001C00B927_KERNEL
ro.confg.hw_appfsversion=U8815V100R001C00B927_SYSIMG
[/CODE]

To get the OTA update we would need a GB update.app with vendor update.app, so we can replace the Voda apps. Anyone know where this can be had??

May sound stupid could we not download relevant firmware and if still on gb would I get Vodafone apps ect

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

To get the OTA update we would need a GB update.app with vendor update.app, so we can replace the Voda apps. Anyone know where this can be had??

I was told by Huawei that we do not need vendor update.app. The magic is somewhere else (I think by downgrading via downgrading tool, when I went to ICS (B934) i had to use middle update.app, so this is the reverse way imho).

Huawei support is crap..I asked about the update 24 hours ago on twitter and facebook

and I only just got an answer..yep your right "sometime this year" going back to samsung very soon.

Guest ahatomastarday

Huawei support is crap..I asked about the update 24 hours ago on twitter and facebook

and I only just got an answer..yep your right "sometime this year" going back to samsung very soon.

WTF? Samsung doesn't provide upgrades quickly for its budget phones... if it ever does.

Edited by ahatomastarday

Guest wrtease

rember these company's sell you the phone.take your money and do software for us.they do not give you customized roms .so what you do is in your hands.

no one says you have to do anything to your mobile.just phone and tx and wifi and Bluetooth. so its just a phone.

rember these company's sell you the phone.take your money and do software for us.they do not give you customized roms .so what you do is in your hands.

no one says you have to do anything to your mobile.just phone and tx and wifi and Bluetooth. so its just a phone.

Sorry..WHAT? maybe english is not your first language then I apologize :)

i've just called ASDA(where I got the G300) and they say I can take it back and get my monies back.

Will wait and see what the update brings first though.

Edited by deuse

no its Scottish and English.

Off topic but I bet you will be glad when you leave the UK then you can keep all that oil money :)

Scotland is a very beautifull place ;)

Guest Rico_89

May sound stupid could we not download relevant firmware and if still on gb would I get Vodafone apps ect

I'm talking about those of us on ICS :)

I was told by Huawei that we do not need vendor update.app. The magic is somewhere else (I think by downgrading via downgrading tool, when I went to ICS (B934) i had to use middle update.app, so this is the reverse way imho).

Huawei are not vodafone so I'm not sure how much weight I would put on that statement, I mean they could have been referring to the General B934 version offered on their website.

And the middle app doesn't work for me although I have downgraded before to B882, using the IMEI hack method, just to get the B892 update, but for some reason my wifi was all messed up so Next time I'll try B885.

Will there be a download of this version so we can just install dload and vendor via SD card?

Guest Pain_Deluxe

let me see...

you have the same problem right ? :P (i'm on Infusion Rom (shout out to tillaz) )

btw , i had an conversion with the dev. from dead trigger. And they said there will be now fixing the problem ;)

Edited by Pain_Deluxe