[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B940 U8815 OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

i dont think so..spooky

im going to go through the build.prop and see if anythings changed significantly...two secs

cant really see any thing that grabs my attention in there,maybe if Daz/Tillaz have a chance to look at it....

If you flashed this through cwm as opposed to dload would you be losing anything? As in would you be laying it over the top of old rom instead of putting a new one down. Hope that makes sense

Just updated (again!) from 936 to 940 after doing full wipes in CWM and the WiFi is now working.

Even after full wipes and using the set-up wizard, some of my apps are still there, wallpaper is still the same and WiFi passwords etc are still set up.

in my opinion b934 is smoothest

slightly laggy

i agree its not the fastest we have had but it works better and i think they are starting to make some headway in getting ICS working perfectly...why it took them so long we'll never know,but i do know that this might be the most stable build so far

If you flashed this through cwm as opposed to dload would you be losing anything? As in would you be laying it over the top of old rom instead of putting a new one down. Hope that makes sense

the only reason i didnt use the update.app is because im too lazy to go through the whole bootloader unlock and root process and then having to flash CWM aswell...so i just grabbed the zip and superuser and made a back up,flashed it and now im playing around.

PS with the full update.app,you lose everything ..apps, contacts and settings...but nothing on the sdcard

Edited by mack_

the only reason i didnt use the update.app is because im too lazy to go through the whole bootloader unlock and root process and then having to flash CWM aswell...so i just grabbed the zip and superuser and made a back up,flashed it and now im playing around.

PS with the full update.app,you lose everything ..apps, contacts and settings...but nothing on the sdcard

Same as that. All i was wondering was whether installing via cwm is not installing it fully affecting performance presuming the new rom is better.

Same as that. All i was wondering was whether installing via cwm is not installing it fully affecting performance presuming the new rom is better.

well it really depends, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt but most people would say that it is better to do it the official way...

Guest DartLizzard

Gentlemen, just to keep you informed: subj 940 originates from Belarus, local mobile operator velcom. Of course, a locked version for contract phones.

My way of getting (but not of installing – I’m satisfied with 2.3.6 I’v got now) the firmware (update?) that you’re discussing: 2.3.6. (ver. B891) – local update to 2.3.6. (ver. B895) – firmware (update?) 4.0. (B940). That’s it. Why (update?) ? Local forum threads about the 8815 having some doubts on the completeness of the update provided by the operator, many people think that it is not a real firmware update, but just some changes that should be installed on the basis of the correct version of 2.3.6. Though nothing to do with it, I’m still thinking that it is worth mentioning.

Well, good luck in debugging all this stuff!

P.S. Special thanks to Topic Starter for prompt reaction!

What is your opinion on this build?

I would guess that directly upgrading from B934 and B936 should work out. Of course, no one knows until it crashes that something's broken.

This is what I always do with CM. I rarely wipe data going between builds as it's just not needed as often as people make out.

I would guess that directly upgrading from B934 and B936 should work out. Of course, no one knows until it crashes that something's broken.

This is what I always do with CM. I rarely wipe data going between builds as it's just not needed as often as people make out.

Surprisingly no crashes for me so far, chrome is running well... Only thing left is to sort out the huawei weather clock not showing up after i flashed it in CWM, don't know why though. :blink:

Edited by mack_

I know this you only wipe on a kernel change, but best to do for a clean install to eliminate other problems

It's like cutting off your leg because you might hurt it at some point in the future.

It's worth a try, isn't it? You don't need to wipe immediately -- if things are broken, then wipe. If they aren't, well hey you just saved yourself some time.

Guest Redflake

Surprisingly no crashes for me so far, chrome is running well... Only thing left is to sort out the huawei weather clock not showing up after i flashed it in CWM, don't know why though.

If yoy can't get the huawei weather app working heres the lg weather app.

I prefer it to the huawei one. Install as normal app.

Comes up a bit big on the screen but can be resized.

post-791090-0-34529500-1347667717_thumb. post-791090-0-92319700-1347667728_thumb.

http://www.mediafire...7awirh7rta88h2i

Edited by Redflake

Guest TangerineTractor

Installed fine for me, no bugs initially. It's got the full automatic app restore like infusion, which is a bonus when reflashing...

Just one issue so far. I did a basic install, let it install all my aps. Then I used CWM to install ICS-Circle battery mod, and it bricked it, had to go back and reinstall. Not a biggie, because I can use power toggle and it has a battery percentage notification, but thought I should mention it before anyone else wastes a lot of time.

If yoy can't get the huawei weather app working heres the lg weather app.

I prefer it to the huawei one. Install as normal app.

Thanks I already have this installedpost-981359-13476957115338_thumb.jpg,but ill give it a try

Edited by mack_