[ARCHIVE] RIL FOR ALL STOCK BASED ICS ROM'S

Guest tillaz

Tillaz the last update.app I used was b936 so do I flash that ril because I'm on b952 now

yes, if you are having random reboots and / or 3G problems

So did anyone tried this on CM9 to solve 3g reboots issues?

this will more than likely brake cm, so if you try please back up first

Guest darthmaul88

this will more than likely brake cm, so if you try please back up first

Thanks Tillaz.

I tried on CM10 based on b926 and it flashed ok. Did'n broke the rom.

Edited by darthmaul88

• 2 weeks later...
Guest apopberz

I'm getting a 403 on both the 937 and 940 links. Any mirrors?

edit: nevermind, got it working from a different IP

Edited by apopberz

@Degurney, the question is (probably) how did you originally upgrade from GB to ICS (requires an official update.app), this is likely the RIL you need to reflash if you're suffering regular reboots.

Is there any (easy?) way to determine what was the last stock ICS applied? I think I was on B936 Vodafone (Ireland) before I started playing with Infusion and CM10.0 but I don't know for sure. I do have a backup but CWM failed to restore it when I tried. Not sure if it was a mismatch between the backup and CWM version. :-(

Is there any point in going to B926 RIL as some people seem to claim that it's more stable generally when running custom ROMs? If so can I just flash the 926 update.app and then the 926 RIL and then go back to, say, CM10.0 or is it more convoluted than that and are there risks of bricking the device trying this?

Thanks!

I went the 936 route and still got the random reboots.

Some anecdotal reports claim that 926 RIL is more stable and may fix such reboots. I think I'm on 936 but don't seem to be getting any reboots (related to coverage, 2G/3G switching etc.). Long may that continue! Even so I don't know what's the safest way to go from the 936 RIL to 926 RIL...

By that I understand if my last update.app is a B9xx and I put a B944 stock repack (via cwm), the ril I have to use is the one of the update.app and not the stock repack?

If it's that I have a little problem... I don't remember which on I have!

Can I see somewhere which I have or I have to begin at all???

Thanks

Some anecdotal reports claim that 926 RIL is more stable and may fix such reboots. I think I'm on 936 but don't seem to be getting any reboots (related to coverage, 2G/3G switching etc.). Long may that continue! Even so I don't know what's the safest way to go from the 936 RIL to 926 RIL...

Thanks.

At the time I already dropped back to Gingerbread. I then took the 926 route towards a custom ROM, as you and others suggest, and then used the 926 RIL and now my reboots are a thing of the past.

I'm not sure if it worked because I used the official 926 update.app or because, on this occasion, I installed Infusion and then the RIL without exiting CWM - hence prior to ROM initialisation.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pan smajl

Many thanks, seems like this solved the reboots while using 3G! The very first ICS I have installed was the first leaked chinese ICS (B926), so I installed B926 RIL, turned on 3G and so far the reboots are gone! Now Infusion B06 + RIL fix is absolutely flawless! Got 3 restarts today.. so sad. :(

Maybe I will have to try another RILs.. :(

Edited by pan smajl

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

Just to mention that 936 RIL seem to solved my reboots as well, after following "events":

- > factory GB

-> B936

-> lots of custom ROM's

-> downgrade to GB

-> factory B952

-- REBOOTS started appearing on 3G

-> other B952 based ROM's

-- REBOOTS always present

-> installed 936 RIL

-- ALL OK :)

Now, after installing 936 RIL I'm 30 hrs reboot free, always on 3G, even traveling by car (this often caused reboots).

Thanks to all!

EDIT: S*it, it happens again :(

Edited by ivan.arandjelovic

Strange. I got a reboot now. I had my phone in airplane mode for a few hours. 30 minutes after turning airplane mode off I got a reboot. This is with Cyanogenmod R5.

However, the 926 RIL seemed to prevent reboots when using Infusion B07.

With Cyanogenmod, installing the appropriate RIL may have caused the reboots happen less frequently.

• 2 weeks later...

System settings > About phone > Baseband version

I'm pretty sure that if your last stock ROM was ICS then you are by definition on 2030.

On the other hand maybe you mean "what is my RIL version"? In which case I don't know of any way to check if you don't remember what Bxxx version stock ROM was the last one that you upgraded to using the official upgrade path (or update.app).

Edited by dalyer

Guest Feahnor

That was what i wanted to know, my RIL, i'm using stock+ from cyda_ (btw, i can't find the rom thread) and wanted to apply this RIL to my phone.

Edited by Feahnor

I've never seen a way to check what RIL you have. I don't know if such a check exists. The exact "rules" about RIL compatibility are not clear to me either - or the worst case scenario if you flash the "wrong" one (not service, bricked etc.?).

Cyda asked for the Stock+ ROM thread to be deleted a while back so maybe this was acted upon. I can't find it either now.

Not sure if you're referring to "3G in standby" reboots but if so then this thread might be of interest?

http://www.modaco.co...issue-released/

Hope this helps.

Edit: yeah - Stock+ ROM thread gone:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/358371-romics-stock-rom-b944-updated-0511/

(From here )

Edited by dalyer

How can I know what was my baseband? I had upgraded to ICS 4 G300 and i don't remember what baseband i used for mine.

I think it goes like this...

Check your IMEI SV number (just below your IMEI number).

B952 > IMEI SV: 50

B944 > IMEI SV: 39

B936 > IMEI SV: 36

B934 > IMEI SV: 34

B926 > IMEI SV: 26

Edited by Guest

Thanks a lot! Wasn't aware of that but now that you have posted it I found this which also maps Bxxx versions to IMEI SVs (translated from Spanish)

http://translate.goo...=520146&act=url

B952 (Free)> IMEI SV: 50

B944 (Yoigo)> IMEI SV: 39

B942 (Vodafone UK)> IMEI SV: 50

B936 (Vodafone ES / UK)> IMEI SV: 36

B934 (Free)> IMEI SV: 34

B926 (China Unicom)> IMEI SV: 26

B888 (Symio)> IMEI SV: 88

B882 (Vodafone UK)> IMEI SV: 82

Edited by dalyer

Guest Feahnor

I think it goes like this...

Check your IMEI SV number (just below your IMEI number).

B952 > IMEI SV: 50

B944 > IMEI SV: 39

B936 > IMEI SV: 36

B934 > IMEI SV: 34

B926 > IMEI SV: 26

IMEI SV: 34

B934 it is. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest Sighn

Just to mention that 936 RIL seem to solved my reboots as well, after following "events":

- > factory GB

-> B936

-> lots of custom ROM's

-> downgrade to GB

-> factory B952

-- REBOOTS started appearing on 3G

-> other B952 based ROM's

-- REBOOTS always present

-> installed 936 RIL

-- ALL OK :)

Now, after installing 936 RIL I'm 30 hrs reboot free, always on 3G, even traveling by car (this often caused reboots).

Thanks to all!

EDIT: S*it, it happens again :(

Yeah, the reboots always seem to find its way back eventually no matter what.

I'm going back to Gingerbread.