Root CloudMobile

Guest davidevinavil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Willem van Oort

Be sure you have root permissions (so fastboot the image), then go to our superuser app and check "temp unroot". This function is only available when you have updated your superuser app in the market;)

Guest Neosin1987

hello i ahve a question .. wen i root is it pertmenant or not second question is if a i stal cm to my s500 , is it actualie installed on de phone or not and if i need alswasy to connect evry time to a pc if i want to te recovery thnx for al the great work

hello i ahve a question .. wen i root is it pertmenant or not second question is if a i stal cm to my s500 , is it actualie installed on de phone or not and if i need alswasy to connect evry time to a pc if i want to te recovery thnx for al the great work

If you install the leaked JB ROM, which has an unlocked bootloader, then you can install CWM to your Phone. do not try to flash it before you flash the ROM and unlock the bootloader

First, check if your hardware is compliant: fastboot -i 0x0502 oem device-infos -> if you have CPU type 8260a-3 -> go on, else quit !

Then follow this topic foor JB ROM and bootloader unlock: http://www.modaco.com/topic/359707-tut-leaked-jellybean-and-unlocked-bootloader/

Then for root follow this: http://www.modaco.com/topic/359724-kernel-patched-jb-kernel-v2/

Then for installing CWM too your Phone: http://www.modaco.com/topic/358970-recovery-cwm-6015-for-s500/

Correct me if i am wrong, I did this (with a little help) and it worked out fine for me :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kampsie1

Help, i tried al of this boot can't root my phone. after typing:

adb reboot bootloader

My phone says:

boot mode: fastboot!

lk version: ICS-779aabc!

phone will reboot in botloader mode> no it hangs on the above screen

Guest rjscosta

Does any one have busybox compiled?

Installing BusyBox will brake the OTA even if we use the "Temporary unRoot" on Superuser?

Edit:

Oh well...

I've installed BusyBox using a market app while placing the su binary on Unsecure Boot...

Hoping it doesn't brake OTA.

Edited by rjscosta

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mc01319

I have windows 8 64 bit and i installed adb and fastboot sucessfull. But windows see my device as unknown and when I run the command adb reboot bootloader in command promt, i have a message that no device connected.

Any help please?

I have windows 8 64 bit and i installed adb and fastboot sucessfull. But windows see my device as unknown and when I run the command adb reboot bootloader in command promt, i have a message that no device connected.

Any help please?

You need to setup adb drivers correctly on win7 64bits. Check the XDA forums for it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Genchou

The question was asked a couple of times on this thread but no one answered it yet : is there a way to unroot the phone ?

I'd like to know if it is possible.

The question was asked a couple of times on this thread but no one answered it yet : is there a way to unroot the phone ?

I'd like to know if it is possible.

Install Super SU

In settings select Permanently Remove Root (or something like that )

Guest Genchou

Thanks for the answers.

Vache, your unroot package, do I have to install it through CWM ? Because I tried (used choose update from sdcard) and it did nothing, so maybe I didn't do it correctly. Could you explain shortly the steps to follow ?

edit : The Superuser app is still installed and I can access every folder with Astro. But some applications (like network spoofer) don't work anymore because the phone isn't rooted, apparently. So I'm a little confused here, is the phone unrooted ? Shouldn't I be unable to explore some folders with Astro then (eg /system and stuff) ? And I can't uninstall superuser app.

Edited by Genchou

Thanks for the answers.

Vache, your unroot package, do I have to install it through CWM ? Because I tried (used choose update from sdcard) and it did nothing, so maybe I didn't do it correctly. Could you explain shortly the steps to follow ?

edit : The Superuser app is still installed and I can access every folder with Astro. But some applications (like network spoofer) don't work anymore because the phone isn't rooted, apparently. So I'm a little confused here, is the phone unrooted ? Shouldn't I be unable to explore some folders with Astro then (eg /system and stuff) ? And I can't uninstall superuser app.

Check this app here

Guest Genchou

Thanks, I tried the app. It says the phone isn't rooted, so finaly the unroot package from Vache did work !

Sadly, the superuser app is still there, but not really : it was still in the app drawer, I managed to remove it by "disabling" it in the applications settings menu, but it still shows in the list (as com.noshufou.android.su).

I might need to use the warrantly for my CM so I don't know if it is ok to have an item named "su" in the apps list. :/

Maybe I will just flash the stock ROM after all.

Edited by Genchou

Guest cojocariuadrian

Hi guys. I've rooted my Acer S500 from this link ( RO ) http:// forum.lab501. ro/showthread.php?t=8464

Whatever it was about 2 months ago.

Problem is now I want to access some sound files in System folder and I can't CHMOD to 777. File permissions are just unchangable.

Root Checker said I'm rooted properly.

I tried many software ( rootexplorer, ex, yaffs ) none could change.

I tried Terminal Emulator, adb shell = error device not found, adb remount = same

I don't know how to run from CMD while in recovery usb mode, couse I couldn't find a proper code on the web.

If there was something above ( I read the whole thread ) and I missed it or didn't figure it out, I'm sorry :D

Please point me to the right direction ? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hyde_man

I have received the official JB 4.1.2 update yesterday, and I'm thinking about rooting my phone now... Has anything changed now with the new firmware version or does this guide still perfectly fine?

Guest melvinkcx

I have received the official JB 4.1.2 update yesterday, and I'm thinking about rooting my phone now... Has anything changed now with the new firmware version or does this guide still perfectly fine?

What is your image number and build number for the jelly bean?