How to free SIM UNLOCK your G300

Guest margityu

Guest jazzuk777

The DFS tool will work (well it did for me) though the instructions here aren't written too clearly. I have tried to write in clearer english below, modding the original text: If it doesn't work perhaps you need to go back through earlier steps (including rooting your phone)? It maybe you need to add ther drivers for your phone? I already had Hisuite on my laptop so I think I was able to skip that step. I also had a prompt to update the CDMA/DFS tool to the latest version - it seems to somewhat confuse things, but once I had it properly installed and used the nerw version - it seemed to work fine.

As for the Qualcomm password being anything than zero, I am stumped - it certainly was zero for me.

Before doing these steps make sure you have done all the others (it seems true that though I haven't quite finished it yet this only works properly if you zero your IMEI by updating the ROM first - otherwise I don't think you can complete Steps 9/10)

1. On your phone you must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

2. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode - it will prompt you to reboot.

3. Once rebooted, back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

4. Exit the engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)

5. (Don't think this instruction exists)

6. On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

7. Go to Ports button to open Ports window and then double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC. Look at DFS log (Click on Log button to open log window if DFS log window not already open) - you should see write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

9. If this is OK go to Programming Tab on main window and type your original IMEI in the IMEI field. (you can read Imei from phone box)

10. Click write button (under read button). The DFS Log should have a completed message on it (forget what exactly) when this has finished - took around 15sec for me.

11. When all finish go to ports and disable dbAdapter Reserved Interface by double clicking on it.. Now unplug your phone.

12. Go to engineering menu again.

13. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Normal mode

14. Back to Background setting and go to OTP NV filter switch and click Confirm

15. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background close.

16. Restart Phone.

Guest jazzuk777

Well I'm now finished but it has taken me ages - would have been "cheaper" to buy an unlock code (I did try this with one online service who couldn't get me a code though - don't if this would have meant I would have had to go to Vodafone direct).

Various pitfalls to avoid - e.g. remove Dload folder containing the ROM you used to zero the IMEI before you try to re-root your phone - accidentally reflashed again and had to go through all the DFS jiggerypokery again to reset my original IMEI another time!

Just a note re. the DFS log - I got what looked like an error message when I clicked Write to set my my original IMEI over the zeroed IMEI, but it still worked - I noticed at least one poster who may have been mislead by this.

Had lots of trouble re-rooting - in particular getting it into bootloader mode to install superrecovery again and then also getting it into recovery mode to complete rooting.

Also make sure you give permission to toolbox in Suser otherwise you still won't be able to back-up your IMEI.

So I now have an unlocked phone with my original IMEI, BUT I still have the following issues (even though to set the IMEI to zero I upgraded to Vodafone ICS and then downgraded again to GB):

4-way unlock screen has gone

Power toggle controls are missing from notifications drop-down

I would really like to restore these if possible although it is not critical - does anyone know how I can get them back?

Guest lord_dizzy

Hello! If you'll do now a factory restore & eventually a clear cache/data/dalvik from recovery, are toggle controls still missing?

If yes. maybe another try with a full flash from SD, followed by what I've mentioned earlier...

Guest vibracopilu

The unlock worked for me but even if I entered my initial IMEI in the DFS tool, the IMEI didn't change so my IMEI is still different thant the original one. Should I repeat all the steps or just those from the third part?

Guest jazzuk777

lord_dizzy - thanks, but I'm 99% certain I completed those steps as part of my fumbling my way through my first attempt (or maybe second!) to complete the unlock procedure (I must have spent 15hrs plus trying to unlock the wretched thing!)

Have other people lost their toggle controls from the notifications drop-down, or is it just me?

Vibracopilu - have a look at my post a couple of psts above yours. You will need to update the ROM for your phone whilst on your new IMEI to set the IMEI to 0. Once you have your IMEI at 0, you should then be able to use the steps correctly to set your IMEI to your original one. What I did, was change my IMEI, updated to Vodafone ICS (B936) , which set me to 0, then used the downgrade package to return to Gingerbread (back to B895), then used the CDMA tool and could set my proper IMEI. Then I had to re-root my phone again so that I could use 5iromtoolbox to make a back of my phoned with my unlocked original IMEI. I had to repeat some of this because I hadn't deleted my DLoad folder with the downgrade in it, so it reflashed my phone when I was trying to enter recovery mode as part of the rooting process!

Guest jazzuk777

According to someone else on the forum it is illegal :o

...and presumably if detected by your network they could block you - maybe lock your phone (I don't know, but for example, I imagine logically there may be a risk of duplicate IMEIs). I didn't want to take the risk - don't think I would have proceeded at the outset if I had known it was illegal.

Guest vibracopilu

Damn, so I'm an outlaw, *so hardcore*. But how to set my imei to 0? My imei randomly change to another one. Where must I input the number 0 for the imei?

Guest jazzuk777

Read my post above - you don't set it to zero - it will be set to zero by you updating your ROM (as I said, I updated mine from GB to ICS and then back to GB as I preferred it)

Guest jazzuk777

The DFS tool will work (well it did for me) though the instructions here aren't written too clearly. I have tried to write in clearer english below, modding the original text: If it doesn't work perhaps you need to go back through earlier steps (including rooting your phone)? It maybe you need to add ther drivers for your phone? I already had Hisuite on my laptop so I think I was able to skip that step. I also had a prompt to update the CDMA/DFS tool to the latest version - it seems to somewhat confuse things, but once I had it properly installed and used the nerw version - it seemed to work fine.

As for the Qualcomm password being anything than zero, I am stumped - it certainly was zero for me.

Before doing these steps make sure you have done all the others (it seems true that though I haven't quite finished it yet this only works properly if you zero your IMEI by updating the ROM first - otherwise I don't think you can complete Steps 9/10)

1. On your phone you must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

2. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode - it will prompt you to reboot.

3. Once rebooted, back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

4. Exit the engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)

5. (Don't think this instruction exists)

6. On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

7. Go to Ports button to open Ports window and then double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC. Look at DFS log (Click on Log button to open log window if DFS log window not already open) - you should see write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

9. If this is OK go to Programming Tab on main window and type your original IMEI in the IMEI field. (you can read Imei from phone box)

10. Click write button (under read button). The DFS Log should have a completed message on it (forget what exactly) when this has finished - took around 15sec for me.

11. When all finish go to ports and disable dbAdapter Reserved Interface by double clicking on it.. Now unplug your phone.

12. Go to engineering menu again.

13. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Normal mode

14. Back to Background setting and go to OTP NV filter switch and click Confirm

15. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background close.

16. Restart Phone.

Guest Chappyski

Yes Jazz, I lost my controls from Notifications section (push up homepage) and can't find a way to get them back there either.

I can move it anywhere, except there.

As far as unlocking phone I may have to pay Voda also. I tried an online unlocking service, but they said they coudlnt do it, so refunded me.

If only voda had unlimited internet, the same as 3 does. I am sure that is why we all want it unlocked...

Guest jazzuk777

Actually no I don't! I HATE Three - they have the world's worst customer service bar none and drove me to fury when we took out a contract with as part of the work I was doing!

I'm, not normally one for brand loyalty but I've been with O2 for years, am happy with their coverage where I tend to go and wanted to stick with them, although there is slight possibility I may switch to Giff Gaff to use their data only 'gigabag' (and just pay for the few texts and rare call i make) - it's either that or stick with the O2 bolt-on and make sure I'm on the best PAYG tariff.

Now if I can just find some APN settings that work for me... :unsure:

The unlocking procedure here does work but it did take me hours and hours of decrypting the this post, the instructions with the downgrade etc. and a few setbacks (I should write an exact step-by-step guide and sell it on eBay!)- it is probably better value to get Vodafone to unlock it if you can face giving the tax-dodgers some of your money!

Guest hippy dave

i meant to say thanks to jazzuk777, and to the thread starter - i managed to get the drivers sorted and restore my phone's lost IMEI. :)

i've been using giffgaff since i got the g300, it's nice not having to worry about data limits.

Guest Andro B

lord_dizzy - thanks, but I'm 99% certain I completed those steps as part of my fumbling my way through my first attempt (or maybe second!) to complete the unlock procedure (I must have spent 15hrs plus trying to unlock the wretched thing!)

Have other people lost their toggle controls from the notifications drop-down, or is it just me?

Hey Jazz, your problem with the toggles is pretty normal and I think happens to anyone who tries this exhausting method. Anyway I think the fix was mentioned a bit earlier on this thread (not sure if it was this thread or the other 100 I read) but what you need to do is find the VENDOR file for whatever ROM you are currently on and apply it on the ROM. So for clarity sake:

1. Find the VENDOR file for whatever ROM (stock ROMS only) you have e.g. I downloaded B927 from somewhere on this forum. When I unzipped it I was faced with two folders ("dload" and "vendor"). In both folders you find and UPDATE.APP - we know the one in the "dload" folder is the ROM, but the one in the "vendor" folder will always be an UPDATE.APP the size of about 1kb. Take this UPDATE.APP , put it in the dload folder you have created on the root of your SD card and upgrade offline like you would any ROM( either use the switch off and hold 2 buttons method or simply go to {on ICS} Storage>software Upgrade>sd card Upgrade and follow the process). it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

NOTE:

1. PLS BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS

1. If you have CWM or any recovery, installing the VENDOR files would wipe it off (I think your SU might still live though)

2. Also, I'm not to sure but their was a time I managed to get myself re-network locked while doing this or something similar. Anyway if this does happen to you be not afraid :) as long as you have made your 5irom backup of your unlocked IMEI (after you completed the process succesfully initially) just install the 5irom app again and restore the unlocked IMEI (this save a whole lot of time as you don't have to do the whole DFS thing again).

3. My instructions are a bit hazy as I did this more than a month ago on my phone but tried it recently on my cousins phone without looking at a guide - so forgive me in advance. But it should work, though like I said PLS BACKUP FIRST.

Any problems let me know, as I'm still checking this thread looking for a fix on the corrupt serial number issue one gets when one tries this method.

@ THE GUY WHO CAN'T UNLOCK HIS QUALCOMM

Your IMEI is not "0" and thats the reason why it won't work. IIRC your qualcom pass is only 0 when you 0 the IMEI, once your IMEI is anything other than 0, your qualcom pass wont be 0 (if I'm right, thats the main reason you need to 0 the IMEI to get DFS to work). I had the problem too when I spent my first 2 days trying to unlock using this method. Take your time, read everyones post on this thread carefully and to all NEWBIES read this guide carefully- it really kicks ass and has everything you need to know

http://www.modaco.com/topic/356806-guide-upgrade-and-downgrade-the-g300-between-gb-ics-and-jb-with-downloads/

Edited by Andro B

Guest Andro B

Oh, and about the VENDOR files- I think their is a bit of leeway, but pls don't hold me on this. E.g:

1. If you can't find any Vendor folder in your ROM you may be able to flash another VENDOR file to get it working. So lets say I have a stock B926 and I can't find a B926 vendor folder in my B926 zip. If i have a B927 vendor file in my B927 ROM zip I could use that instead (though clearly the more intelligent thing would be to flash the B927 ROM and the B927 vendor file). Anyway, what I'm trying to say is Vendor files don't necessairly need to be specific and the could help with people still stcuk on GB as Vendor files are notriusly hard to find on their ROMS. Though pls try and install GB Vendor files for GB roms and vice versa for ICS. But again I am not authorising anyone to try this.

2.If you are stuck for Vendor files- check the awesome guide here for advice http://www.modaco.com/topic/356806-guide-upgrade-and-downgrade-the-g300-between-gb-ics-and-jb-with-downloads/. For e.g I found vendor files in the ICS toolkit (19092012_ICS.zip) in Android_ICS > Vendor_Files. IIRC I used a GB B926 vendor file for a chinese B926 ROM I downloaded and it worked (thus my earlier advice abouut the possible flexibility of Vendor files).

Guest Andro B

And finally, the best advice I can give to anyone is if you don't have a whole lot of time on your hands-it makes A LOT more sense to pay the 5 quid for an unlock than go through this exhaustive process unless you're a stickler for pain :)

Guest jazzuk777

Hey Jazz, your problem with the toggles is pretty normal and I think happens to anyone who tries this exhausting method. Anyway I think the fix was mentioned a bit earlier on this thread (not sure if it was this thread or the other 100 I read) but what you need to do is find the VENDOR file for whatever ROM you are currently on and apply it on the ROM. So for clarity sake:

1. Find the VENDOR file for whatever ROM (stock ROMS only) you have e.g. I downloaded B927 from somewhere on this forum. When I unzipped it I was faced with two folders ("dload" and "vendor"). In both folders you find and UPDATE.APP - we know the one in the "dload" folder is the ROM, but the one in the "vendor" folder will always be an UPDATE.APP the size of about 1kb. Take this UPDATE.APP , put it in the dload folder you have created on the root of your SD card and upgrade offline like you would any ROM( either use the switch off and hold 2 buttons method or simply go to {on ICS} Storage>software Upgrade>sd card Upgrade and follow the process). it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

NOTE:

1. PLS BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS

1. If you have CWM or any recovery, installing the VENDOR files would wipe it off (I think your SU might still live though)

2. Also, I'm not to sure but their was a time I managed to get myself re-network locked while doing this or something similar. Anyway if this does happen to you be not afraid :) as long as you have made your 5irom backup of your unlocked IMEI (after you completed the process succesfully initially) just install the 5irom app again and restore the unlocked IMEI (this save a whole lot of time as you don't have to do the whole DFS thing again).

3. My instructions are a bit hazy as I did this more than a month ago on my phone but tried it recently on my cousins phone without looking at a guide - so forgive me in advance. But it should work, though like I said PLS BACKUP FIRST.

Any problems let me know, as I'm still checking this thread looking for a fix on the corrupt serial number issue one gets when one tries this method.

@ THE GUY WHO CAN'T UNLOCK HIS QUALCOMM

Your IMEI is not "0" and thats the reason why it won't work. IIRC your qualcom pass is only 0 when you 0 the IMEI, once your IMEI is anything other than 0, your qualcom pass wont be 0 (if I'm right, thats the main reason you need to 0 the IMEI to get DFS to work). I had the problem too when I spent my first 2 days trying to unlock using this method. Take your time, read everyones post on this thread carefully and to all NEWBIES read this guide carefully- it really kicks ass and has everything you need to know

http://www.modaco.co...with-downloads/

Thanks Andro B - the Vodafone GB>ICS and ICS>GB zips I got from elsewhere on the forum (to flash my ROM and thereby zero the IMEI) both only contained Dload folder, but no Vendor folder - will have a look but any pointers from anyone on where to look appreciated!

Guest Andro B

Thanks Andro B - the Vodafone GB>ICS and ICS>GB zips I got from elsewhere on the forum (to flash my ROM and thereby zero the IMEI) both only contained Dload folder, but no Vendor folder - will have a look but any pointers from anyone on where to look appreciated!

If you are on ICS first download the ICS toolkit

(19092012_ICS.zip) from the downloads part of the guide I posted a link to earlier. You will find vendor files for b926, 927 and 934 in the toolkit. Just go back to any one of these stock ROMs and then apply the vendor update.app file like I explained earlier and you will definitely get your toggles back BUT REMEMBER MY CAVEATS. Then update how u would to whatever ROM you were on and you should still have your toggles. Remember to re-CWM or root if needed.

Guest jazzuk777

Hi Andro B

Thanks for this advice, but I can't find a link from you only a reference to it, and the thread with Stock ROMS seems to only have the Dload for B895 (which I'm on and want to stay with) and a link to 2 RAR files for B927, which won't let me download because the host site says they are broken! Also, if I use vendor files for ICS will they work with GB anyway? Can you(or anyone else) point me to vendor files for B895?

TIA! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi to all, this his my first post here at Modaco.com and i salut you all. :blush:

My question, is this been tested with Huawei Y201 Pro?

Edited by DuRoi