[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, I remember him posting the results for the I/O schedulers, but BFS isn't an I/O scheduler, hence the slightly different note :P

That was an interesting read, thanks. Helped pass 5 minutes of a dull afternoon in work, I mean.... *checks if the boss is looking* phew, just squeezed in time to read it. :P

Guest BadarChaudhry

Disable HW overlay has definitely works for me....didn't have any app freeze or notifection bar freeze...working everything fine since.

No option for Sim contacts so if u can fix this in the next update.

No option for default memory when installing app. everything installs on internal memory then have to move manually to sd card.

No service instead of network name when pulling down notifianon bar but signals are full. i think its bug.

Rendom 3G data connection loss and network drop.

Rest its smooth and fast. most of the time my ram is free between 80 to 140mb with 120 app installed. back on B952 i had only 60 apps and all the time free ram was around 3-7 mb and phone very slow.

Keep it up good work Dazz

Guest Ludak021

Incorrect

well, that's a matter of opinion. For instance Zeppelinrox (creator of supercharger V6 script, kickass kernelizer etc) rates them sio>deadline>noop>cfq and ondemand governor, in my personal experience, works good but drains battery more then smartassv2

edit: This guy also did benchmarks and summed it up here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1470247

Edited by Ludak021

Guest Malthus

Disable HW overlay makes no noticeable difference for me as far as I can tell. Still crashes sporadically. Usable, but need to be reboot every hour or so after it's froze.

Guest tcpaulh

well, that's a matter of opinion. For instance Zeppelinrox (creator of supercharger V6 script, kickass kernelizer etc) rates them sio>deadline>noop>cfq and ondemand governor, in my personal experience, works good but drains battery more then smartassv2

edit: This guy also did benchmarks and summed it up here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1470247

1. It's been benchmarked by fagulhas. ... but you don't believe him?

2. The g300 kernel is optimised for ondemand .. but that doesn't matter to you because what you posted works better on DIFFERENT DEVICES.

You're a bit of a numpty aren't you?

Guest Ludak021

1. It's been benchmarked by fagulhas. ... but you don't believe him?

2. The g300 kernel is optimised for ondemand .. but that doesn't matter to you because what you posted works better on DIFFERENT DEVICES.

You're a bit of a numpty aren't you?

1. believe him? I haven't seen his results but I see no reason not to believe him. But, are you saying that bedalus and his crew are laying or posting fake results? (there are spreadsheets linked in the post that I linked) I hope you see how your question is inappropriate. :/

2. Every kernel is "optimized" for ondemand, thus it is a default governor on 99% of android mobile devices. SmartassV2 should be better then prehistoric ondemand. Personally, for me, smartassV2 + simple (sio) works better then ondemand + noop. However, if there are additional stuff such as touch response linked to ondemand I will use it of course. So far, on cm10, I tried ondemand and smartassv2 and touch response is...the same, keyboard behavies strange when you type fast on either of them and generaly CM9 was more responsive on touch. I will reserve my final judgment until a more stable cm10 is released.

Also, I don't understand your remark about different devices. What does it matter what device it is? Differences are clear and obvious where there are any. On faster devices difference will be bigger or will at least remain the same ratio, on slower it will be lower or retain the ratio. Makes sense?

am I numpty? Well, if I am not taking everything for granted like you are, if I get my info from more then one source unlike you, I guess I am. And proud to be that in the eyes of the likes of you.

(for those who do not know what "numpty" means - it means mentally challenged. But he choose to toss "numpty" instead of the real meaning because he thought it will be cute or less offensive or something. :) Paul, I don't get offended on the internet. You might as well write "retarded", I don't care ;) )

Edited by Ludak021

Guest jordanclarke69

1. believe him? I haven't seen his results but I see no reason not to believe him. But, are you saying that bedalus and his crew are laying or posting fake results? (there are spreadsheets linked in the post that I linked) I hope you see how your question is inappropriate. :/

2. Every kernel is "optimized" for ondemand, thus it is a default governor on 99% of android mobile devices. SmartassV2 should be better then prehistoric ondemand. Personally, for me, smartassV2 + simple (sio) works better then ondemand + noop. However, if there are additional stuff such as touch response linked to ondemand I will use it of course. So far, on cm10, I tried ondemand and smartassv2 and touch response is...the same, keyboard behavies strange when you type fast on either of them and generaly CM9 was more responsive on touch. I will reserve my final judgment until a more stable cm10 is released.

Also, I don't understand your remark about different devices. What does it matter what device it is? Differences are clear and obvious where there are any. On faster devices difference will be bigger or will at least remain the same ratio, on slower it will be lower or retain the ratio. Makes sense?

am I numpty? Well, if I am not taking everything for granted like you are, if I get my info from more then one source unlike you, I guess I am. And proud to be that in the eyes of the likes of you.

(for those who do not know what "numpty" means - it means mentally challenged. But he choose to toss "numpty" instead of the real meaning because he thought it will be cute or less offensive or something. :) Paul, I don't get offended on the internet. You might as well write "retarded", I don't care ;) )

Ludak, you don't stop talking and often say some controvesial stuff, but I am finding it interesting.

here's a screenshot of very often graphic glitch (I was in ComicRack app, but this type of glitch is happening also in browser, camera zoom fx and in other apps)... However, it all goes back to normal when I rotate the screen in this particular app... it doesn't matter if it's checked "disable HW overlays" box in development options or not... Cheers :)

post-987276-0-35926000-1355334374_thumb.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Oops, I'm so used to not actually reading. :P

Yeah we don't use it. I could look in to it though I don't think many people in the Android space have found it useful.

Actually, it seems that Google ran some blind tests themselves and didn't find a tangible improvement. We're talking single core processors, though.

I seem to remember you assumed that G300 had an "ïnternal SD", separate from the eMMC onboard flash. I also remembered that you referred to the internal storage as a "chineese", "whopti dhopti" part, despite the fact that eMMC is actually a Samsung trademark! You do take things for granted, especially when comes to the veracity and worth of your own opinions on the G300. Numpty? Maybe. You have an aptitude for self-righteous denial, thats for sure.

Guest tcpaulh

trololol

Fagulhas says it's better and he's benched it. You've said you've got no reason not to believe him but still claim it's 'subjective'.

Daz says it's better and he should know. He gave reasons. Now you say you'll use ondemand because of optimisations for improved touch response...yet still claim I'm wrong somehow. lol

You try to hijack the argument by talking about some results on other devices with...wait for it...different hardware/software and ask if I'm calling the developers liars. ?!? Of course not. I'm quite happy to believe it works for them on their devices.

When someone tests something on A it doesn't automatically hold for B. It's pretty basic stuff. I tend to trust the person who tested something on the specific device I'm using.

I'm taking nothing for granted except perhaps to believe that Fagulhas and Dazzozo were telling the truth. You on the other hand are pushing out of date knowledge from other devices as if it were a perfect fit for the G300.

You're backpedalling fast, saying you'll use ondemand...and...reserve judgement.

I called you out on offering bad advice and you didn't like it. SImple as that really.

BTW, I value being wrong. It means I learn something. I'm a bit odd like that. Some other people just run round in circles trying to defend the indefensible.

:)

really nice rom, very smooth...

but is your camera slower than in CM9 too? (the time to take a picture)

not the time to take it but the savingtime

is it possible that it is my sd-card (i have class 10 so it should be fast enough)

Edited by Curlie

Guest rehan814

Hi, may be my question is not completely relevant but i would really appreciate even if you could direct me to the right place.

While trying to install this rom i had to root and then install CWM. after doing the part where it say to instal and use the bootloaderg300.exe. my phone has started rebooting repeatedly after showing huwaei logo.

http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/

kindly do tell me what to do .. ? I really wanted to try this rom :|

waiting for your responses.

Regards

Edited by rehan814

Portable WiFi hotspot is not working :(

Its a really important feature to me so I hope you get it fixed soon. Overall, the ROM is working really well, and is probably almost perfect when it comes to smoothness.

Guest bluemarine57

i honestly think its baseband related (the last official updata.app you did)

i know a lot of people are using the B926 baseband because it has HSPA:11 enabled, but this was a Chinese release and could be the problem

its kind of strange that its the only version that supports HSPA:11, might be because its not suitable for out side of china (the baeband not HSPA11)

(causing random reboots on 3G) i know the basebands on my o2x are specific to your country & cause reboots if not using the right version and ril

so could be the same here.

just a thought, i could be wrong but that's what i think, so maybe try doing a full update.app for the country you are in or closest, then re-flash CM10

as far as i know:

B944 = Spain / Portugal

B936 = great Britain / new zealand

B926 = china

B927 = international (i think, not 100% sure)

Hi, now I'm running a nandroid backup done few days ago (before testing b952, CM 9 and CM10) from your Infusion B02 (944) and I have no problems anymore...

I had this random reboot of the cell also on my HTC Desire HD (now in repair for microphone broken) with every ICS custom rom. :unsure:

I bought my G300 from UK with GB installed and I did a full official update to ICS downloading it from the official Huawei site, before the cell unlock and I had no problem until I had the Infusion 944.

With 952 and CM9/10 I had two kinds of problems :

1. With 952 I had random reboots of the cell (as described before) with notification alarm, so I was warned that I had to unlock the sim PIN to reactivate the network. Second, I was not able to see the pics gallery : "no pics or video available"

2. With CM9/10 I was unable to connect my G300 to my MacBook : the computer did not "see" SD and internal storage both... :wacko:

Edited by bluemarine57

Guest Ludak021

I seem to remember you assumed that G300 had an "ïnternal SD", separate from the eMMC onboard flash. I also remembered that you referred to the internal storage as a "chineese", "whopti dhopti" part, despite the fact that eMMC is actually a Samsung trademark! You do take things for granted, especially when comes to the veracity and worth of your own opinions on the G300. Numpty? Maybe. You have an aptitude for self-righteous denial, thats for sure.

with a 7mb/s write speed it is epic fail storage. They saved a dollar on that instead of putting 10+MB/s ram. How close is that to cheapest class 10 sd cards with 10mb/s write speeds (priduced in China)? So yea, humpty0dumpty indeed. And yes, I was wrong about them being separated, I said that before and I am glad that I was corrected because I learned something new, and that's always worth it :) The thing is, most of the time only "cheap" China phones have this internal SD storage business, you won't see moto, sammy or HTC with that stuff. It is internal storage and that's that. No funky business that tries to mislead customers into thinking that they get internal SD (because obviously they do not).

emmc is on cm9 rom, not on huawei stock rom, as far as naming goes. Samsung devices have separate emmc? I am no expert but I have only seen tablets with it, no phones. Besides, I don't have anything against it as long as it is fast. 7mb/s internal storage write speed on g300 is shamefully slow. I wouldn't put that on a 1$ device because it slows things down a lot. replace it with 15mb/s and see the device take of! :) In reality you do use a lot of write speed time when doing stuff.

self-righteous denial? Sure buddy, sure. I'd say I have no illusions about some things. Is CM10 RC1 great? No, it is far from great. It is barely usable for me. I will never write a post "hey, this rom is great! Perfect!" because it's not. s*** doesn't work, basic s***, like, led notifications. Yea, I am in denial, okay. I do know it will be fixed so no worries there. I just wish more people where interested in making CM for g300 and huawei in general.

cheers ;)

Guest Ludak021

trololol

Fagulhas says it's better and he's benched it. You've said you've got no reason not to believe him but still claim it's 'subjective'.

and other guys have also benched it, they are recognized developers from XDA and they say it is not better. What now? Trololol... Who is Fagulhas anyway, where are his bench results? Why didn't you at least linked them? I linked at least two spreadsheets proving you and fagulhas wrong. You linked none.

Daz says it's better and he should know.

Yes, he should know. He improved his CM10 making some apps not work at all, and a lot them crashing and most of basic features are...well...borked. If he knew better he would never have released this zombie CM10 pre-alpha thing.

He gave reasons. Now you say you'll use ondemand because of optimisations for improved touch response...yet still claim I'm wrong somehow. lol

He did give A reason, linking touchscreen optimizations to ondemand governor (witch is not the same as I/O scheduler fyi). I tried it. Touch screen behaves the same, or at least with no obvious difference between smartassv2 and ondemand. Obvious difference is that phone works better with smartassV2 + sio then ondemand + noop. another obvious thing is that typing is hell on CM10. Yes, even with stock kbd.

You try to hijack the argument by talking about some results on other devices with...wait for it...different hardware/software and ask if I'm calling the developers liars. ?!? Of course not. I'm quite happy to believe it works for them on their devices.

dude, there are no other devices, those results are just measured with different device. Governor and scheduler control android behavior and behavior of clock speeds. They are not written (standard ones) for specific devices in mind, that's the whole point. Those devices do not have different software, they run on linux android. Get a grasp on your s*** before you go into convo about s*** you have no clue about. It's basics, read up on governors and schedulers. And ffs post those benchmark results that you speak of, without that it just a "good story bro", I posted results.

When someone tests something on A it doesn't automatically hold for B. It's pretty basic stuff. I tend to trust the person who tested something on the specific device I'm using.

yes it does in this case unless something is specifically designed for some thing. Jeez. You trust the person who borked your led notifications? Good for you.

I'm taking nothing for granted except perhaps to believe that Fagulhas and Dazzozo were telling the truth. You on the other hand are pushing out of date knowledge from other devices as if it were a perfect fit for the G300.

Truth? Did I say they lied? Who mentioned lies? What are you on about? Dazzozo says cm9 RC5 is working better then RC3, yet, we all know it is not so. Does he use g300 all day long for common stuff? Does he keep his g300 online without reboot for 2-3 days? No? Truth-lie? Does it matter? He is doing his best, I thank him. But CM9 rc3 IS better then cm9 rc5 he just can't accept that. I thank him for cm9 rc3. Best rom he has made so far. Truth is in grey shades, sorry.

You're backpedalling fast, saying you'll use ondemand...and...reserve judgement.

well, you see there is a problem. He only said that after you and I started this discussion. Not before. I had no reason to stick with something so basic and default as ondemand. When he said what he did I said I am going to give it a try. I was not backpedaling , I acknowledged his statement and went to try it out. It makes no difference in "real world". If he had mentioned it in posts 1 and 2 that ondemand was preferable because of bla bla, I would have left it there and tested it out first before going onwards to the stuff that usually works best (including all other CM mods). So you assumed wrong again.

I called you out on offering bad advice and you didn't like it. SImple as that really.

you called yourself out. I gave a general advice that is usually given and is usually preferred. At the time I had no knowledge of ondemand being modified in this cm10 rom and tied to some other features. If I knew, I would have probably given the same advice as you, but with argument as to why.

BTW, I value being wrong. It means I learn something. I'm a bit odd like that. Some other people just run round in circles trying to defend the indefensible.

:)

you are just a smartass like I am, you value nothing short of what you learned yourself or do yourself. It's just a matter of who knows more and does more. We both can admit our mistakes and learn something more, but we sometimes just choose not to because it is no fun :D

Guest krishang3

and other guys have also benched it, they are recognized developers from XDA and they say it is not better. What now? Trololol... Who is Fagulhas anyway, where are his bench results? Why didn't you at least linked them? I linked at least two spreadsheets proving you and fagulhas wrong. You linked none.

Yes, he should know. He improved his CM10 making some apps not work at all, and a lot them crashing and most of basic features are...well...borked. If he knew better he would never have released this zombie CM10 pre-alpha thing.

He did give A reason, linking touchscreen optimizations to ondemand governor (witch is not the same as I/O scheduler fyi). I tried it. Touch screen behaves the same, or at least with no obvious difference between smartassv2 and ondemand. Obvious difference is that phone works better with smartassV2 + sio then ondemand + noop. another obvious thing is that typing is hell on CM10. Yes, even with stock kbd.

dude, there are no other devices, those results are just measured with different device. Governor and scheduler control android behavior and behavior of clock speeds. They are not written (standard ones) for specific devices in mind, that's the whole point. Those devices do not have different software, they run on linux android. Get a grasp on your s*** before you go into convo about s*** you have no clue about. It's basics, read up on governors and schedulers. And ffs post those benchmark results that you speak of, without that it just a "good story bro", I posted results.

yes it does in this case unless something is specifically designed for some thing. Jeez. You trust the person who borked your led notifications? Good for you.

Truth? Did I say they lied? Who mentioned lies? What are you on about? Dazzozo says cm9 RC5 is working better then RC3, yet, we all know it is not so. Does he use g300 all day long for common stuff? Does he keep his g300 online without reboot for 2-3 days? No? Truth-lie? Does it matter? He is doing his best, I thank him. But CM9 rc3 IS better then cm9 rc5 he just can't accept that. I thank him for cm9 rc3. Best rom he has made so far. Truth is in grey shades, sorry.

well, you see there is a problem. He only said that after you and I started this discussion. Not before. I had no reason to stick with something so basic and default as ondemand. When he said what he did I said I am going to give it a try. I was not backpedaling , I acknowledged his statement and went to try it out. It makes no difference in "real world". If he had mentioned it in posts 1 and 2 that ondemand was preferable because of bla bla, I would have left it there and tested it out first before going onwards to the stuff that usually works best (including all other CM mods). So you assumed wrong again.

you called yourself out. I gave a general advice that is usually given and is usually preferred. At the time I had no knowledge of ondemand being modified in this cm10 rom and tied to some other features. If I knew, I would have probably given the same advice as you, but with argument as to why.

you are just a smartass like I am, you value nothing short of what you learned yourself or do yourself. It's just a matter of who knows more and does more. We both can admit our mistakes and learn something more, but we sometimes just choose not to because it is no fun :D

you don't know what faghulas is? U.U lol ask daz (:

Nasty post Ludak021

CM9 r5 is better than r3 because the speed ramp in r3 makes the rom unstable

CM10 truly rocks _now_... if you set it up right/ flash correctly. I kid you not. Plus, it's a 1st release with acknowledged teething problems. It's already way better NOW than any other rom for this phone, including gingerbread. I don't know what you hope to achieve with your insults to Daz and Fagulhas!?

Daz and Fagulhas (who is helping a lot with CM, as all us irc regulars well know) already said that stuff on IRC. If you want to know what's going on with CM get yourself on there.

Edited by fr0do

Guest flixblixclix

Ooops....... its really an amazing work... but the post here are so so so long like a story.. which consumes more time...

Humble request to the users to short their story or any bug related issues.... pls guys. sorry if ur hurt

Guest krishang3
Ooops....... its really an amazing work... but the post here are so so so long like a story.. which consumes more time...

Humble request to the users to short their story or any bug related issues.... pls guys. sorry if ur hurt

totally agree with Flix...