[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

So what is the best browser for CM10 then? I've been using Chrome (I like the sync and Chrome to Phone functions) which judders when you scroll. Is Opera or Dolphin any better?

Guest unaszplodrmann

Yeah, but blah blah blah. No, but blah blah blah

I am glad that I was corrected because I learned something new, and that's always worth it :)

Could've fooled me!

Is CM10 RC1 great? No, it is far from great. It is barely usable for me. I will never write a post "hey, this rom is great! Perfect!" because it's not. s*** doesn't work, basic s***, like, led notifications.

If you can take an "internal sd" label on face value, why not take the label on the CM10 package on face value too? At least then you've been right half the time. I think R1 is great for what is purports to be, an "EXPERIMENTAL" package - yes, it's right there in block capitals. It has flaws, as experimental material often does. I can't remember waxing about how wonderful and perfect it is, but if you want to invent some phantom poster to argue against, be my guest!

On the otherhand, if you're so bothered about the performance of the internal storage, produce some sound data that suggests using a fast SD is significantly better. Here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1169910 That is a port of a standard *nix i/o bench tool, Bonnie++. Go ahead, contribute something. Plese don't test /system vs an SD card as you previously suggested; it would only invalidate the result by bringing different filesystems into the equation.

Guest TangerineTractor

So what is the best browser for CM10 then? I've been using Chrome (I like the sync and Chrome to Phone functions) which judders when you scroll. Is Opera or Dolphin any better?

Personally, I don't think there's anything to beat Opera Mobile. It's fast, renders everything perfectly, and you can save your bookmarks etc online to restore on another device or rom. My main reason for using Opera Mobile is that it's the only browser I've found that properly re-flows test to fit the screen on resizing on all websites - some browsers do it on some, only opera seems to re-flow on all sites, and it always gets the fonts and sizes right too...

Guest blatny93

I tried to post on Opera Mini - waist of time - my question or query is - what is it about B926 that allows hspa11? Can we we do do this using QPST? I think this Rom is pretty good Daz

Guest hippy dave

Personally, I don't think there's anything to beat Opera Mobile. It's fast, renders everything perfectly, and you can save your bookmarks etc online to restore on another device or rom. My main reason for using Opera Mobile is that it's the only browser I've found that properly re-flows test to fit the screen on resizing on all websites - some browsers do it on some, only opera seems to re-flow on all sites, and it always gets the fonts and sizes right too...

can opera import bookmarks and other data from chrome? cheers

Guest blatny93

Also, my comment on opera mini was meant to say why waste your time - merely a question of curiosity - on such obdurate hardware, Dazzazo - I wonder if the challenge is equal to the reward? I would never do it but then I am a mean little bugger!

Guest flixblixclix

Whenever I take a pic, at the time of saving, it becomes greenish, but original color color of image is retained when I preview the image. Auto focus is not so good in CM10 than CM9. However touch response is very very very smooth. I have just updated from CM9 with wipe cache and fix permi, in cwm.

what is it about B926 that allows hspa11?

Funny enough I haven't seen hspa11 on this rom yet, just hspa10. That could be down to the network at the moment though, I'll check it again later.

post-923750-0-70315800-1355415559_thumb.

Guest blatny93

Look, sorry about this, but my commenting seems to have come out all wrong - I'll repeat my question - is hspa11 particular to B926 because why? Is there something about that rom that we can repeat? Is it worth repeating - ie are there any stats that show hspa11 as actually being hspa11? And, if so, can we not do this via the qualcom toolkit, QPST? If I've trippled posted, forgive your phone and me.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

The only other difference between the phones are different network providers, but I don't see how that would make any differences. Also the B927 even on CM9/CM10 does not display it's phone number in the about phone status, it did with an old Gingerbread ROM (not tried other ICS roms with it though)... although that could be a problem with Hutchison 3G and CM9/10... will have to try the sim in the B926 phone... although CM10 seems to have fixed the problem getting to the three app for topups no more network errors.

I think thats an provider issue. With (all in germany) E-Plus it doesn't shows me my number. But now with an Vodafone Sim I can see the number.

Guest joandrade

When is R2 Coming out there is too many bugs expetially the Notifcation bar it pisses me off Lol and thanks for the work anyway its good

You don't ask for ETA's here. It will be released when it's ready.

As for the notification bar crash, read the whole thread. There are ways to make it go away.

Guest TangerineTractor

Do you mean Opera Mobile or Opera Mini? Just want to be sure.

Thanks!

Mobile. Mini is no faster on Android, even on 3G. Used to swear by it on my Blackberry mind...

When is R2 Coming out there is too many bugs expetially the Notifcation bar it pisses me off Lol and thanks for the work anyway its good

I might have asked some dumb questions which put the cat among the pigeons regarding basebands/RILs etc. above :blush: but even I know that it's considered very rude to ask for ETAs on updates! ;)

Guest TangerineTractor

I tried to post on Opera Mini - waist of time - my question or query is - what is it about B926 that allows hspa11? Can we we do do this using QPST? I think this Rom is pretty good Daz

Well I read this board and post a lot from Opera Mobile, with no issues at all.

post-969101-13554192644934_thumb.jpg

Are you stupid or somethin'?

Guest Rattonboy

You don't ask for ETA's here. It will be released when it's ready.

As for the notification bar crash, read the whole thread. There are ways to make it go away.

number one rule, never ask for ETA's!!! i hate it so much it wasn't long ago when b1 was released, be patient. JoAndrade i have read through the entire thread and have installed light flow but the led notifications still don't work. guess will wait for a proper fix :) look tugas, tugas everywhere! ;)

You may not have meant it this way but in my head that sentence reads like this:

When am I getting more free stuff the last free stuff you gave me isn't good enough and it pisses me off Lol and thanks for the work anyway its good

Edited by Cyda

Guest jordanclarke69

If it is working well then don't bother messing with the RIL. I've used b926 firmware since it was leaked in July and have never had any issues with reboots, in this rom or any other, but then everyone uses their phone differently so that's purely anecdotal.

Sweet, I'll leave it as it is, cheers!!