[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest apple2005

anyone ever bought from here before http://vifocal.com/

Seen gizchina mentioning them a few times now and after checking them out they have all the latest phones at lower prices and they accept paypal

I didn't buy from vifocal but it seems to be a legitimate site.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest apple2005

Wow i cant believe this post is still going

But people are not taking interest anymore. It is very good thread. Dakok, maringer and tillaz etc etc have gone somewhere else...

Guest Wacky.ddw

My second Oneplus broke due to the heat. Once the phone gets too hot, the touch screen breaks. Lots of people from Australia have this, Oneplus won't refund me only send me a new one to Belgium... Anyway since I'm probably staying in Aus I wanted a phone as good as the Oneplus for the same price but nothing came close. Except the MI4 wich doesn't have 4G in 64gb model and still costs 60€ more without shipping.

Since my ZTE skate is still going, 4th hand by now :P I decided to go back to ZTE and order me a Z7 mini. I hope I won't regret it but €230 is not much and there is CM12 for it allready.

Dual sim, Sd slot and better screen. But 1GB less ram, 2ghz snapdragon 801 instaid of 2,5ghz and 2400mah instaid of 3080...

I just hope the camera is as good, and the battery still lasts long on android 5.0

The Asus Zenfone 2 looks like a good phone, First phone to have 4GB RAM, intel's latest Soc, Lazer Auto focus and loads more good stuff about it

Here is the Press reveal, starting from 199 dollars

Amazing phone for the price could be around £160 in uk if conversion is correct... 

Only bad thing i see is development with it been intel.. but on the plus it ship's with lollipop :)   

Impressive low light camera comparison 

First look

The Asus Zenfone 2 looks like a good phone, First phone to have 4GB RAM, intel's latest Soc, Lazer Auto focus and loads more good stuff about it

Here is the Press reveal, starting from 199 dollars

Amazing phone for the price could be around £160 in uk if conversion is correct... 

Only bad thing i see is development with it been intel.. but on the plus it ship's with lollipop :)   

Looks like a cheap LG G3.

But good spec.

There are any x86 android device with CM support?

Guest Maringer

TOO BIG! ;)

Just don't fancy a 5.5" phone myself as handling anything over the 5" Coolpad F1 I currently have one-handed will be a bit too much for my hands.

The specs of the Coolpad X7 look pretty decent (though the 5.2" screen might be a bit big for me!), but I'm not overly convinced by the design. A bit 'blocky'.

I'll probably keep my F1 for at least another 6 months so it will be interesting to see which phones are available in the summer.

TOO BIG! ;)

Just don't fancy a 5.5" phone myself as handling anything over the 5" Coolpad F1 I currently have one-handed will be a bit too much for my hands.

The specs of the Coolpad X7 look pretty decent (though the 5.2" screen might be a bit big for me!), but I'm not overly convinced by the design. A bit 'blocky'.

I'll probably keep my F1 for at least another 6 months so it will be interesting to see which phones are available in the summer.

I thought the same, but since I saw MIUI 6 video of their one hand mode, I want a 5,5" phone for my next.

Maybe a Redmi Note 2.

The good thing is that if I want I can use it with one hand but have a big screen if I need.

Edited by rhen

Guest Maringer

I also keep my phone in the pocket of my trousers. A 5" phone fits in my pocket OK but I'm not convinced a 5.5" phone would work!

The one-handed operation modes for larger phones are a good idea, however.

I'm also not a fan of big phones, even 5 inch is out of my comfort zone, And since getting an android TV i see even less of a point of a big screen phone / tablet 

would rather something i can get a good grip of and use with one hand, but these seem to be getting rare 

Intel powered devices are also not for me, its to much hassle development wise..   :(

so the zenfone 2 is definitely not my cup of tea.. still an interesting phone though. 

I'm personally waiting for the Z4 compact, and hoping it has the same design as the full size Z3 (curved metal body)  

What do you think is the best mid range SOC now?

Snapdragon 615, MT6752 or something else?

Performance is similar, but do you think that Snapdragon will have more support for aftermarket firmwares?

Do you guys think that 8 core is an overkill?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Hey yall.

looking for a 5inch china mobe for the missus, ive been looking at KIMOVIL.com for their phone comparrison UI and from my specs Elephone p3000s, elephone p6000, king zone n3 all come up as tops, but ive never heard of any of the makes and from a little digging none are particularly great builds or stable roms.

can anyone point me to reliable brands?]

Im looking for a 5 inch mobe with a decent camera spec for around a ton. I might add that some of the phones id looked at had 4g but thats by no means a dealbreaker.

thanks

Guest apple2005

Hey yall.

looking for a 5inch china mobe for the missus, ive been looking at KIMOVIL.com for their phone comparrison UI and from my specs Elephone p3000s, elephone p6000, king zone n3 all come up as tops, but ive never heard of any of the makes and from a little digging none are particularly great builds or stable roms.

can anyone point me to reliable brands?]

Im looking for a 5 inch mobe with a decent camera spec for around a ton. I might add that some of the phones id looked at had 4g but thats by no means a dealbreaker.

thanks

Huawei, lenovo, zte, xiaomi, one plus one, gionee and few others are the best brands. I have bought from etotalk and Pandawill. They have good service. Also I bought from coolicool and 1949deal.com...

It's WCDMA and LTE/4G so I guess so.

But just check in case there are different variations of the F2 like there are with the F1 (WCDMA versus TD-SCDMA)...

Edited by dalyer

Guest Linwei Li

Is the Coolpad F2 suitable for use in the UK ?

yes, of course. 

Specs is below:

- 5.5 Inch Screen, 1280*720 Pixels

- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939 64bit 4x1.5GHz + 4x1.0GHz Octa Core

- Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE 1800/2100MHz, TDD-LTE 2600MHz, Support 2G & 3G & 4G LTE Network

- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM

- 13 MP Back Camera + 5 MP Front Camera

- Android 4.4 System - See more at: http://www.coolicool.com/coolpad-dashen-f2-mt6592-17ghz-octa-core-55-inch-ips-hd-screen-android-44-lte-4g-smartphone-g-34482#sthash.AeMx0B7X.dpuf

Guest ChrisPNE

yes, of course.

Specs is below:

- 5.5 Inch Screen, 1280*720 Pixels

- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939 64bit 4x1.5GHz + 4x1.0GHz Octa Core

- Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE 1800/2100MHz, TDD-LTE 2600MHz, Support 2G & 3G & 4G LTE Network

- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM

- 13 MP Back Camera + 5 MP Front Camera

- Android 4.4 System - See more at: http://www.coolicool.com/coolpad-dashen-f2-mt6592-17ghz-octa-core-55-inch-ips-hd-screen-android-44-lte-4g-smartphone-g-34482#sthash.AeMx0B7X.dpuf

Missing 800MHz 4G which is needed for quite a few UK networks.

Missing 800MHz 4G which is needed for quite a few UK networks.

Yes, that was bothering me, so that rules it out. Any other suggestions for 4G and 5.5inch screen.

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

PRESALE :

or whatabout the Jaiyu s3

5.5 inch

LTE : 2.6, 1800 and 800 mhz

available at Coolicool....

http://www.coolicool.com/jiayu-s3-mtk6752-64-bit-octa-core-3gb-ram-55-inch-ips-fhd-screen-android-44-4g-lte-smartphone-g-35452

Other retailers also available

ESR

Edited by EvilSeamanRuby

Few observations:

1949deal had a great discount for Dakele Small Cola and sold about 60 phones for 88 USD (or near that) during several days.

Most buyers were croatian and serbian mobile forums members. Phones were great for that price but 

there were 3-4 devices with problems (bad screen, dead LED light...). Buyers protested but 1949deal didn't respond the way it shoud.

Lenovo K3 K30W or A6000 is a phone to watch for. It will get Android 5.0 by July, Lenovo promised

As Tillaz wrote, Coolpad F2 is a great device (it has PAC-man, AOSP, CM11 and CM12 through Yureka development and FIUI :))

Coolpad f1 and F2 will get Android 5.0 by August, Coolpad promised

TCL 3N M2U is a phone to watch for, too. Slightly weaker than M2M model but still very good specs

##########################################################################

World sale in 2014:

jljFS9a.png

China sale in 2014.

GuPCJ2G.png

Edited by dakok

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

nice work Dakok,

have you got any stats on reliability?

My 48 hr quick trawl of the chinese forums and online reviews showed problems ranging from malfunctioning OTG, misfiring/timing camera flashes and  poor call volumes  with phones from :

Lenovo golden warior

ASUS Zenfone

Elephone p6000s - and the p3000

All were around the same pricepoint @ £100, 5 inch and 4g

Admitedly, you mainly get what you pay for, but sometimes a gem like the coolpad f1 comes along.

ESR

OTG - dunno

Lenovo A806 (golden warior) doesn't have problems with poor call volume and camera flash.

Most of the reported problems comes from early OS builds or bad flashing.

I wouldn't easily buy China phone if it's not from

Huawei, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Coolpad, Meizu, ZTE, TCL, ASUS, K-Touch

or, at least from

Jiayu, THL, Zopo and few more brands I can't remember right now.

Buying decision should be made on support in China forums (or EU/Russia forums) and accesories at stores (battery, 5-6 case types, glass protector...), too.

There are more expensive brands (Oppo, Vivo...) but it doesn't make a sense (with China warranty) to buy China phone with the price above $200.

On the other side:

Cubot, iNew, Doogee, Elephone, Ulefone, Star, HTM, Leagoo, Kingzone, Kingsing, Bedove, Eachine, Mijue, Mpie, Mpei, 
M-Horse, Catee, Pulid, Jiake...

are hit and miss (with the emphasis on miss) since they are mostly rebranding no-name devices

(Ulefone is most probably made by Yatay)

Why so many advertisements at for these brands at phone stores? You most probably noticed that. Their average selling price is equal to those of big China brands.

Material, development, quality control... expenses make only a fraction in final price.

Sellers profit is huge here. That's why they adore them and that's why you shouldn't buy them. :)

Their best selling point is attractive design and OS prepared for EU customers.

Edited by dakok