TWRP 2.6.3.1 Official for U8815/U8815N/U8818 [09/12/2013]

Guest alkalinorap

This new version is still rebooting for me; it happens during internal_sd backup but only when compression is turned on. I did 2 backups with compression on and the phone rebooted during the backup internal_sd section each time. I turned off compression and did two more backups and both worked fine with no reboots. I'm going to try a few more backups to verify if this is a rule.

Edited by Cyda

I recommend make backup without enable compression. For me not much sizes differences & the backup is significantly faster.

Greetings

Edited by Kra1o5

Guest peterck

Just asking, when you a back up a rom and you decided to use that backed up rom again, why is it that not all the apps that was on the. Rom are on the rom that you backed up before so you have to use titanium backup to reinstall them again it's so ignoring :angry: or am I doing something wrong :(

Just asking, when you a back up a rom and you decided to use that backed up rom again, why is it that not all the apps that was on the. Rom are on the rom that you backed up before so you have to use titanium backup to reinstall them again it's so ignoring :angry: or am I doing something wrong :(

Sounds like you are not backing up all the partitions. If you enable all partitions to be backed up then all your apps will be there when you restore.

• 3 weeks later...

I probably should have asked this question in this thread rather than the CM10.1 thread - anybody know the answer? Thanks:

Yes, not problem with CM & TWRP.

Greetings

Thanks a lot. :)

Edit: installed TWRP 2.4.0.0 via gooManager and then used it to wipe and install CM10.1 + gapps + link2int and it all seems to have gone well. :)

Edited by dalyer

Random reboots still present - once during backup (worked like charm second time) and once during recovery (failed at data). Again, worked like charm second time.

I would really like to see this fixed; just installed this recovery (was using cwm touch hybrid before) and i really like it - but this problem is a huge drawback.

Cannot seem to find any crashlog on sdcard - anyway, dont think it would have time to make one, as it suddenly goes - like BAM - black screen and reboot.. ;)

edit: it might be worth mentioning that i was backing up CM 10.1 R1 only two days after complete wipe & flash (using mentioned cwm). Only gapps flashed and like 3 other apps (one being internet banking, second SimCity Deluxe and third GooManager - which i used to install this recovery). Not even google maps & similiar stuff installed yet.

edit2: Oh, and on the first backup, i was using compression option. Second time, i ticked it as well, but at top of that i also disabled md5 checksum (as it crashed during that step). On restore, i, of course, worked with this backup so settings were set accordingly (ignore md5).

Edited by Hkarta

Random reboots still present - once during backup (worked like charm second time) and once during recovery (failed at data). Again, worked like charm second time.

I would really like to see this fixed; just installed this recovery (was using cwm touch hybrid before) and i really like it - but this problem is a huge drawback.

Cannot seem to find any crashlog on sdcard - anyway, dont think it would have time to make one, as it suddenly goes - like BAM - black screen and reboot.. ;)

edit: it might be worth mentioning that i was backing up CM 10.1 R1 only two days after complete wipe & flash (using mentioned cwm). Only gapps flashed and like 3 other apps (one being internet banking, second SimCity Deluxe and third GooManager - which i used to install this recovery). Not even google maps & similiar stuff installed yet.

edit2: Oh, and on the first backup, i was using compression option. Second time, i ticked it as well, but at top of that i also disabled md5 checksum (as it crashed during that step). On restore, i, of course, worked with this backup so settings were set accordingly (ignore md5).

Yes the md5 check is know bug & is fixed in the next version & minor bugs fixes.

Greetings

Edited by Kra1o5

Looking at the screenshots, TWRP seems to be really good. It has a nice GUI, and it seems to have quite a few features. I'm gonna give this a go, and see if I like it :)

I got a reboot when backing up in compressed mode :(

However, the normal backup works fine :)

The recovery overall is fantastic, its such an improvement over CWM. Its a shame it doesn't have the same stability, but I have only encountered this one bug so I'm good. Thanks for this wonderful recovery.

I got a reboot when backing up in compressed mode :(

However, the normal backup works fine :)

The recovery overall is fantastic, its such an improvement over CWM. Its a shame it doesn't have the same stability, but I have only encountered this one bug so I'm good. Thanks for this wonderful recovery.

I get the reboot every time when trying to do a compressed backup but the uncompressed has been fine. Plus as you say, the uncompressed backup option is seriously fast.

I Try to fix this reboot when backup compressed.

EDIT: Random Reboots with compressed backups & md5 check problem is now fixed in TWRP 2.4.1.0 (Thanks Dees_Troy)

Edited by Kra1o5