TWRP 2.6.3.1 Official for U8815/U8815N/U8818 [09/12/2013]

Guest alkalinorap

Guest alkalinorap

25/02/2013: Updated to version 2.4.2.0 with the following changes:

25/02/2013:

-Now is a hybrid version! GB and ICS support natively (in GB there is a bug: if you connect the USB to the phone off to charge it in offline mode does not pass the logo, but almost no one off charge)

-Fixed problem when mounting the mass storage when you connect the USB cable (thanks Kra1o5)

-Add screen timeout - screen will turn off automatically after 60 seconds, saves battery and prevents screen burn-in especially on AMOLED devices

-Add a brightness setting (requires device specific setup and only some devices have been added)

-Add a root checker and offer to install SuperSU if the device isn't already rooted

-Add a write buffer to libtar backups, significant improvements to speeds when backing up to exFAT target, minor improvements for other file systems

-Check and offer to fix root permissions if broken

-Add an option for a 24 hour clock display instead of AM/PM (aka military time)

-Move stock recovery reflash check to occur during the reboot cycle

-Add support for some MTK6xxx devices

-Change libtar to vfork to help prevent memory problems

-Add a "clicked" effect to most buttons, file selector, and listbox

-Improve timezone listbox to be more like file selector (per pixel kinetic scrolling, etc)

-Remove some no longer used settings (Forced MD5 sum on zips, size checking on image backups)

-Other minor bugfixes and improvements

I can confirm working USB, everything for me is good :)

The only small problem I have seen is in the 60 second timeout feature, when it times out the screen goes off, but the backlight stays on. It is a very cool feature though :)

Guest alkalinorap

I can confirm working USB, everything for me is good :)

The only small problem I have seen is in the 60 second timeout feature, when it times out the screen goes off, but the backlight stays on. It is a very cool feature though :)

Hi, thanks for you opinion.

In this moment, the best option is to disable the screensaver in Settings> Screen> Screen timeout> none because in our phone isn't working as it should.

Greetings.

I've had a couple of freezes with this new version while trying to use the file manager. I was trying to delete old backups from the TWRP folder but the screen went black before I could select any folders, only pulling the battery would resolve it. Tried a few more times and it worked ok.

Also, if you enable Military time and reboot recovery, the setting resets back to off. The backups themselves have been fine so the problems are not really show stoppers.

I've had a couple of freezes with this new version while trying to use the file manager. I was trying to delete old backups from the TWRP folder but the screen went black before I could select any folders, only pulling the battery would resolve it. Tried a few more times and it worked ok.

Also, if you enable Military time and reboot recovery, the setting resets back to off. The backups themselves have been fine so the problems are not really show stoppers.

I think the screen went black because of the timeout function. Did you try pressing the screen when this happened?

Edit: No need to answer, I just read your comment again and its all clear now.

Edited by kyan31

I think is fixed for next release.

Greetings

Guest alkalinorap

01/03/2013: Updated to version 2.4.3.0 with the following changes:

-Fixed 2 bugs related to restore, one dealing with mknod failures (by bigbiff) and one dealing with restoring hardlinks (by Dees_Troy)

NOTE: If your backups weren't restoring correctly in earlier 2.4.x versions they should restore correctly now. Hopefully you didn't delete those backups. If you're still having problems, run the restore, go to advanced and copy log, then give us the log. Complaints without logs will be rightfully ignored.

-Added a scroll bar to file selectors and listboxes courtesy of Tassadar

-Added libblkid for more accurate detection of file systems and can now detect exFAT properly thanks to bigbiff

-Added a screen dim effect 2 seconds before screen off on some devices

-Finally fixed file selector crash (one of the joys of working with multi-threaded software)

-Fixed loading of screen timeout setting during startup

-Improvements and bugfixes to screen timeout code

-Fixed persistence of the 24 hour / military time setting

Guest wouterbeer

Thanks for the continuous work on this! :) It works great for me.

I am wonderin if it is possible to add a function to wipe internal_sd in a future update?

Guest wouterbeer

I think is fixed for next release.

Just tried to delete an old back up. Screen said: delete succesful. But at the same time I had a total freeze of TWRP. I had to pull battery to reboot. I have the newest version installed (2.4.3.0)

Edit: the file itself is deleted so not sure why TWRP froze up on me..

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest wouterbeer

Come on, 102 downloads and only 6 likes?

Likes? Is this facebook? ;)

Or google+?

just kidding ;)

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest alkalinorap

12/03/2013: Updated to version 2.4.4.0 with the following changes:

-Added another libtar hardlink workaround to fix restore of some backups (usually related to Ubuntu Touch)

-More fixes for the file selector

-Switched from using busybox md5sum to a direct C function call

-Fixed capturing the exit status of tar based backups/restore - TWRP will display that there was an error if there was one again

-Update exFAT to latest commits

-Added a build flag to disable using the ioctl for screen blanking