[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest elrond_bs

But now when i want to use rom manager 5.5.1.5 to reboot and install the new rom, it gives the message: "Unfortunately, Rom manager has stopped".

The rom itself works great, i can even use bluetooth, but rom manager wont install a rom when choosing the option: "install rom from sd card"

Did i do something wrong or missed something when flashing?

Do i have to format my sd card?

Or is there a certain setting i have to use?

Koush (the author of ROM Manger): "ROM Manager is broken on 4.2, and I have a fix in progress."

Many devs (including KonstaT, if I remember correctly) commented that ROM manager is known to cause bugs and it's better not to use it at all. Clockworkmod is much better and safer for installing ROMs.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest wukudaku

Do you have any problems when GPS or navigation is working. My screen very often turns black and there is no way to turn it on. Only removing battery helps.

Guest Brigandt

Thanks for the info, elrond_bs.

So i gues i have to install the rom via a reboot in recovery (after installing the latest recovery-clockwork blade.zip).

Edited by Brigandt

Guest WiiSky70

Great Work , awesome . Is even better than 4.1 , it's almost finished ;)

Wonder when vsync will work though.... Also the WiFi Tether fix can be applied on CM10 ?

cm-10.1-20130115-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...54l4q8c48uqsbo2

md5:7b96f2b2a807e6b16a35de2d765de09f

-build hwcomposer and fake vsync events

-fixed native wifi tethering (thanks to daemond)

-fixed squished pattern/sim unlock screen

Edited by WiiSky70

Great Work , awesome . Is even better than 4.1 , it's almost finished ;)

Wonder when vsync will work though.... Also the WiFi Tether fix can be applied on CM10 ?

Vsync will never work without a 3.x kernel.

well, it may work but only Software V-SYNC, but since that's too heavy for the blade's PU it'll not be implemented. however if someone actually ports a 3.x kernel to the blade, then you're clear to get vsync working properly :P

I've encountered another possible bug today (build from 12. 1.):

If I call a person and I get a busy signal, the ringing sound is coming through the "music" speaker and is very loud. This could be a problem in some situations.

I'm using the default Dialer app.

Edited by sharix

Guest leromarinvit

Wow, thanks for another fine ROM, KonstaT! Holy crap, my Blade came with 2.1 originally, now I've doubled the OS version! ;)

The only thing I'm missing is the auto brightness settings - am I just too stupid to find them, or are they really gone from CM 10.1? The default for low light levels is a bit too dark for my taste (and my eyes).

Is it just me, or the tethering doesn't seem to work? I wanted to make myself a hotspot and I can connect to the network, but I've got no internet connection on my laptop/other mobile. Did I flash the build wrong in some way or it's not just problem with my phone? Thanks.

Awesome work! I've been using this rom to replace 2.3.7. There is a significant performance decrease, but that is expected, cyanogenmod10.1 is still under heavy development and I thank every developer for their work.

I'm here just to ask if anyone is having problems with screen not turning on, only the hard buttons backlight is on, but the screen backlight remains off. I'm trying to diagnose it via adb but I can't reproduce this bug frequently enough. To solve this problem, usualy removing battery or blind shutdown/rebooting the device works. Anyone had this problem?

merc1800k, did you made a full wipe? (format /data /system /cache /boot) before installing the rom? and you have at least a 160mb partition? isn't the lag caused by a running app?

Do you have any problems when GPS or navigation is working. My screen very often turns black and there is no way to turn it on. Only removing battery helps.

I didn't think I'd be the only one with the black/blank lock screen problem! I've done a full wipe and re-flash again but no luck :-( Let me know if you guys get any further with troubleshooting and I'll do the same.

Regarding WiFi tethering, it looks like WoW (wake on wireless) does not work correctly in AP mode. In most cases connectivity breaks completely after the Blade goes to sleep once. Even if it is explicitly woken up again by the user. I only tested the code with USB connected, so sleep never happened - my bad. :( I'll test adding a wakelock and disabling WoW, let's see if that helps.

This likely explains your problem, fileek.

Wow, thanks for another fine ROM, KonstaT! Holy crap, my Blade came with 2.1 originally, now I've doubled the OS version! ;)

The only thing I'm missing is the auto brightness settings - am I just too stupid to find them, or are they really gone from CM 10.1? The default for low light levels is a bit too dark for my taste (and my eyes).

Custom brightness hasn't been ported to CM10.1 :)

Edited by De@n

Alright, I think think I have it. This fixes WiFi tethering in case the device sleeps. This is for CM10, but should apply cleanly to CM10.1 as well. I'm not making the jump to CM10.1 yet, there's still so much in flux and I'm also waiting for Google's Android bugfix release (4.2.2 or whatever).

Alright, I think think I have it. This fixes WiFi tethering in case the device sleeps. This is for CM10, but should apply cleanly to CM10.1 as well. I'm not making the jump to CM10.1 yet, there's still so much in flux and I'm also waiting for Google's Android bugfix release (4.2.2 or whatever).

its fixed in 4.2.2

read somewhere that release 4.2.2 is not far away

the newer nexus 4 already has it

Guest Ganster

@KonstaT: is it possible that compiling the ROM in release mode instead of userdebug can give us some minor performance improvements?

Look at the first post:

This ROM is mainly for developers/testers/advanced users

Yes, you can build it in release mode, but how to test without logs?

Guest thanasis00

are there any updates about the bluetooth a2dp reconnect issues? haven't tried yet the newest release (15/1) but there aren't any bt changes in the changelog.

Edited by thanasis00

Guest andylonone

Look at the first post:

Yes, you can build it in release mode, but how to test without logs?

Yes, I have read every single post of the discussion (also in the CM10 thread), but for example the last builds (CM10 for now, CM 10.1 when it will be completed) could be released in release mode.

BTW it is only a suggestion ;)

I take this opportunity to thank KonstaT, Ganster, the CM team and all the people that made JB working on our blades ;) (and sorry for the english)

Guest Verdict

First of all, huge thanks for your great ROMs KonstaT!

Now, I know that this is probably a low priority issue, but has anyone (specifically Saunalahti customers) been able to successfully receive or send MMS while on mobile data? I'm experiencing the problem on this ROM and CM9 KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4) as well. The only way I've gotten MMS to work on 4.x is by having a Wifi connection established when sending or receiving an MMS. On Gingerbread ROMs it seems to work regardless of connection, so there shouldn't be anything preventing them on the operators end. I was able to find a somewhat similar issue here: http://code.google.c...detail?id=23233 (not blade specific thread, no idea if this is helpful in any way :unsure: ) If I have understood correctly the problem occurs when APN doesn't automatically switch to the one handling MMS?

My Blade is a GEN1 Saunalahti Blade (upgraded with TPT to GEN2). The APN-settings I'm using are these: http://www.elisa.fi/...ng-android-4-0/, and the messaging app is one included in the ROM.

This is in no way meant to be a "PLZ FIX NOW!" -post, but if anyone knows a solution or workaround I'd appreciate the info. Some of my "not so tech-savvy friends" tend to prefer MMS's no matter what -_-

First of all, huge thanks for your great ROMs KonstaT!

Now, I know that this is probably a low priority issue, but has anyone (specifically Saunalahti customers) been able to successfully receive or send MMS while on mobile data? I'm experiencing the problem on this ROM and CM9 KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4) as well. The only way I've gotten MMS to work on 4.x is by having a Wifi connection established when sending or receiving an MMS. On Gingerbread ROMs it seems to work regardless of connection, so there shouldn't be anything preventing them on the operators end. I was able to find a somewhat similar issue here: http://code.google.c...detail?id=23233 (not blade specific thread, no idea if this is helpful in any way :unsure: ) If I have understood correctly the problem occurs when APN doesn't automatically switch to the one handling MMS?

My Blade is a GEN1 Saunalahti Blade (upgraded with TPT to GEN2). The APN-settings I'm using are these: http://www.elisa.fi/...ng-android-4-0/, and the messaging app is one included in the ROM.

This is in no way meant to be a "PLZ FIX NOW!" -post, but if anyone knows a solution or workaround I'd appreciate the info. Some of my "not so tech-savvy friends" tend to prefer MMS's no matter what -_-

Change authentication type to PAP in Saunalahti MMS APN. That should do it. With that change only, mms works for me.

edit: sorry, it seems to be broken here also wjere as the change above used to fix it :?

Edited by sm4tik

Is it just me, or the tethering doesn't seem to work? I wanted to make myself a hotspot and I can connect to the network, but I've got no internet connection on my laptop/other mobile. Did I flash the build wrong in some way or it's not just problem with my phone? Thanks.

Its working well for almost everyone. Did you flash the 20130115 correctly? Did you 'Wipe Dalvik Cache'? You do not necessarily 'Wipe Data and Cache', but after properly flashing after 'Wipe Dalvik Cache' from Recovery, the ROM should work like it should. Also, stop using ROM Manager people.. Its badword badword up. Use Recovery ONLY.