podcast app

Guest trishmac

Guest trishmac

Hi..can you guys recommend a good podcast app that will handle audio and video? Seems to be a lot out there! confused! :P Thanks :)

That many huh? Lmao :P

Onecast does the job in case any one else is looking ;)

Edited by trishmac

Guest ethicalstrategy

I use Beyond Pod. It's pretty good. There is a free version (I think) and a paid version. They also have a dedicated tablet version. Well worth checking out.

Guest trishmac

I use Beyond Pod. It's pretty good. There is a free version (I think) and a paid version. They also have a dedicated tablet version. Well worth checking out.

Thanks heaps. Will try it when I get home. :) x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paulpoco

I use BeyondPod, the paid version. I have tried other like Pocketcasts(no updates to app since Feb 2012) and Doggcatcher but BeyondPod is the best. I use the beta version of BeyondPod.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.beyondpod

BeyondPod for Android - Main Features

One application for all your podcasting needs. You can subscribe to RSS feeds, read posts, download and play Audio and Video podcasts – all in a single application.

Supports Atom, RSS 2.0, RDF and OPML feeds.

Saves feeds so you can enjoy them even while you are offline.

Sophisticated podcast download engine gives you complete control of how many podcasts to download and how long to keep the old versions. Downloads new content in the background, so you spend more time enjoying you feeds, and less time waiting on them.

BeyondPod provides full control over what is being downloaded over your data connection. Update a single feed, feeds in a given category, or all feeds. Download a single podcast, the latest podcasts, or all podcasts for a given feed. Nothing happens without your knowledge. Podcast downloads can be scheduled to occur at a specific time, only when connected to WiFi, or only when the phone is charging. BeyondPod also offers an option to automatically (1) Turn WiFi on, (2) Update your feeds, (3) Turn WiFi back off.

BeyondPod's integrated podcast player tracks what podcasts you have listened to, and supports automatically deleting podcasts at the end of playback to save space. There is also a configurable TiVo style "commercial skip" that lets you easily skip over content that you are not interested in.

BeyondPod's Smart Playlist automatically generates playlists based on your listening preferences. (For example: First play the 2 newest podcasts of feed A, Then play the oldest podcast of Feed B.). If you follow multiple podcasts Smart Playlist is an excellent way to always listen to what you want.

BeyondPod's Home Screen Widget gives you one-button access to your podcasts, SmartPlay, and SmartPlay updates directly from your phone's Home screen.

Integration with Google Reader allows you to easily import your Reader subscriptions. BeyondPod will also synchronize the "Read" and "Starred" status of individual posts so you can read the same feed on both PC or Phone.

Assign feeds to various categories (such as News, Sports, or Technology) for convenient filtering by topic.

Use BeyondPod to discover new podcasts and RSS feeds. Search for feeds, import feeds from a variety of popular directories, from Google Reader, or from external OPML files.

Import any local files (music, audiobooks, voice notes etc) and make them playble in BeyondPod audio/video players as if they were podcasts.

BeyondPod supports both wired headsets and Bluetooth receiver (via the AVRC profile).

Use the Sleep feature to automatically turn the podcast playback off after 30, 60, or 90 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

Podkicker works for me. I have several audio and video feeds and it updates / downloads on open. It also saves my feeds into an OPML file onto the SD card, so I never have to worry about backing up when flashing new ROMs, as I seem to do all too frequently :P