[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Why can't you just use CM 10.1 much more stable.... and moving files is fine... remounting works okay... no freezes or something.... used it to move files with 100MB and had no problems... Do you have ext partition??

I don't have an ext partition.

Do you think the issue I've described above is caused by this ROM (CM 10.0)? Because if it is not caused by this ROM, switching to another ROM may not solve this issue.

I've tried CM 10.1 a few months ago, but I didn't like its pull down menu (I don't know the exact name, but it's the "menu" where you can turn on/off certain functions like WiFi and see notifications).

Why can't you just use CM 10.1 much more stable....

Although the question was not for me, in my case I tried KonstaT CM10.1 before this one, but for some reason it was extremely slow, so I tried with this one and it seems to be working fine except for the buttons backlight on issue.

Guest Fizziebaunz

Do you think the issue I've described above is caused by this ROM (CM 10.0)? Because if it is not caused by this ROM, switching to another ROM may not solve this issue.

I've tried CM 10.1 a few months ago, but I didn't like its pull down menu (I don't know the exact name, but it's the "menu" where you can turn on/off certain functions like WiFi and see notifications).

Well.... if you don't have ext partition when you mount your SD card to comp... the entire apps that you moved to SD will be disabled.... and the phone may hang or something... I am not sure....

Guest Fizziebaunz

Well.... if you don't have ext partition when you mount your SD card to comp... the entire apps that you moved to SD will be disabled.... and the phone may hang or something... I am not sure....

Although the question was not for me, in my case I tried KonstaT CM10.1 before this one, but for some reason it was extremely slow, so I tried with this one and it seems to be working fine except for the buttons backlight on issue.

You should have done a complete install again.... make sure you format system.... I was using it for a month and it was okay

Guest elrond_bs

The SD Card becomes inaccessible after it is used as a mass storage device (through USB) and disconnected from my computer.

I never had such problem, I use this ROM for over half year. Try this card in another device. Or make a backup, wipe and reinstall the ROM.

You should have done a complete install again.... make sure you format system.... I was using it for a month and it was okay

I did wiped and formated everything when I tried with KonstaT's CM10.1 but I got that slowness. This one is working fine, except for the buttons backlight.

I was asking you to do it again... not once but twice...

Oh, I see. Anyway, I don't see the need to reformat. A format always deletes the full content of the partition; you can only recover data with specialized tools, but no files remains accessible to the system, so the problem cannot be on one formatting vs two formatting.

Edited by hal9k

Guest Fizziebaunz

Oh, I see. Anyway, I don't see the need to reformat. A format always deletes the full content of the partition; you can only recover data with specialized tools, but no files remains accessible to the system, so the problem cannot be on one formatting vs two formatting.

well I thought you knew how to do a nandroid backup.... my bad.... A second fresh install has done wonders to me....

well I thought you knew how to do a nandroid backup.... my bad.... A second fresh install has done wonders to me....

I know how to do it, and I always do it before test anything, just in case something goes wrong. Still this is computing and not magic, and for what the OS refers a one time formatted partition is as empty as a 1000 times formatted one.

Anyway, since this ROM is working fine for almost everything I would prefer to fix the button backlight issue if possible rather than try again the ROM that didn't work fine for my device.

Edit: I forgot to say that thinking better on it, I indeed formated not one nor two, but many more times, as I had problems installing the TPT (always boot to CWM) and so I installed many times that ROM, including wipe and format, until I finally fixed the problem with TPT and did a last install of the CM10.1 ROM, again with format and wipe. So thanks, but no, the problem is not how many times I formatted.

Edited by hal9k

Guest Fizziebaunz

I know how to do it, and I always do it before test anything, just in case something goes wrong. Still this is computing and not magic, and for what the OS refers a one time formatted partition is as empty as a 1000 times formatted one.

Anyway, since this ROM is working fine for almost everything I would prefer to fix the button backlight issue if possible rather than try again the ROM that didn't work fine for my device.

Edit: I forgot to say that thinking better on it, I indeed formated not one nor two, but many more times, as I had problems installing the TPT (always boot to CWM) and so I installed many times that ROM, including wipe and format, until I finally fixed the problem with TPT and did a last install of the CM10.1 ROM, again with format and wipe. So thanks, but no, the problem is not how many times I formatted.

It's alright... at least you are enjoying using your blade....

Guest peetu20

GAPPS DOWNLOAD IS BROKEN.

Please someone give me another mirror or op fix it. :(

Several pages back ;). Would be nice if peoples bother to read, instead of posting these completely useless requests.

Guest Ferreris

Several pages back ;). Would be nice if peoples bother to read, instead of posting these completely useless requests.

So, exactly where? I'm on page 33 and still haven't found it. Btw, reading tens of pages of irrevelant discussion is so much fun you just can't imagine.

Guest peetu20

So, exactly where? I'm on page 33 and still haven't found it. Btw, reading tens of pages of irrevelant discussion is so much fun you just can't imagine.

Oh, sorry. Remembered that theres gapps somewhere. I dont know where can be gapps found. Of course you can get them from google, and trim yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here knows where is the setting to turn on/off Cell Broadcasting? I expected this setting to be in Settings > Wireless & Networks > More..., but it's not there.

Guest Fizziebaunz

Anyone here knows where is the setting to turn on/off Cell Broadcasting?

I expected this setting to be in Settings > Wireless & Networks > More..., but it's not there.

open messages... menu... then mobile broadcast.... then press menu to lead you to settings....

open messages... menu... then mobile broadcast.... then press menu to lead you to settings....

Hmmm weird, I can't find this setting :(

You mean the Messaging app right? The one with the green icon with a smiley inside?

Maybe this setting has disappeared because I've disabled some app in the quest for a lower memory usage...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andr0idbeliev3r

i still think this is the fastest, smothest android 4.x ROM for our Blade xD just personalized it to be like 4.4, it's looking just great and it's super fast too!

Guest Fizziebaunz

i still think this is the fastest, smothest android 4.x ROM for our Blade xD just personalized it to be like 4.4, it's looking just great and it's super fast too!

What have you changed.... just the launcher or something more....

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

What have you changed.... just the launcher or something more....

i used the white clock + transparent status bar + transparent notifications pulldown from CM10 mods thread, then changed the launcher, the icons, put the nexus 5 walpapers and then i installed an android 4.4 theme from the play store 

Guest Fizziebaunz

i used the white clock + transparent status bar + transparent notifications pulldown from CM10 mods thread, then changed the launcher, the icons, put the nexus 5 walpapers and then i installed an android 4.4 theme from the play store

Thanks let me check out the 4.4 theme......