[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest dalyer

I've also found if I set brightness to Auto, it just puts it on max all the time.

I don't recall this problem on superslim.

Are you sure that your ambient light sensor is working?

I'm sure there's an app or two on the Play Store to check it.

Edited by dalyer

Guest doveman

I don't recall this problem on superslim.

Are you sure that your ambient light sensor is working?

I'm sure there's an app or two on the Play Store to check it.

It's weird but a day or two later it started working OK, maybe it needed a reboot or something, as I'm pretty sure I did at least one of those before I noticed it was OK again.

• 1 month later...
Guest tiagolns

Hello All,

Wondering if this is still  a solid ROM to use,on a daily basis.

I am now using GBExtreme, and it really goes smooth,but I don't like GB (speciall because of Gmail and Tapatalk app's).

I have the bootloader locked (or unofficially unlocked), and when using Stock + I usually get some 3g reboots.

Is there any ICS / JB that you recommend with GB baseband?

I would like to try this one, but it's taking ages to download....Does someone have a mirror download for this, I cannot get this download from Solidfile (it says it takes up to 4 hours, and stops downloading on 15 MB...)

Cheers,

Guest dalyer

I have the bootloader locked (or unofficially unlocked), and when using Stock + I usually get some 3g reboots.

Is there any ICS / JB that you recommend with GB baseband?

If you are going to use ICS/JB/KK then you will really need to do an official unlock of the stock ICS bootloader to avoid the 3G reboots,

Running on the GB baseband is not going to help that specific problem.

Guest tiagolns

If you are going to use ICS/JB/KK then you will really need to do an official unlock of the stock ICS bootloader to avoid the 3G reboots,

Running on the GB baseband is not going to help that specific problem.

Thank you for the reply  dayler!

So what you're saying is that still on GB baseband 3g reboots will happen?

I believe jsevi, in the original forum post, says the only difference between 109808 and 2030 is the possibility of OC (or not.)

So what is the purpose of the multibaseband?

@All,

Is there anybody who have the zip file of this ROM that can upload in a mirror  please? I was willing to try this one, but cannot download from solidfile.

Mn thanks!

Guest dinamo1975

@All,

Is there anybody who have the zip file of this ROM that can upload in a mirror  please? I was willing to try this one, but cannot download from solidfile.

Mn thanks!

in CWM:

1. install B-952-v13-Slim_ByDan_White: https://mega.co.nz/#!R0UTWQJS!cZgrMVch8PPO3ewR4g_SZxl2Z0Fs5kFUp_AKYcMPK60

2. and then, if u don't want IP Call in Dialer.apk, install this: Disable-IP-Call: https://mega.co.nz/#!ppUUwT6Y!P9rzWDBwBEMtSjohuobOI0iz444r7gyRPpTiIIQ7UU0

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest dalyer

So what you're saying is that still on GB baseband 3g reboots will happen?

I believe jsevi, in the original forum post, says the only difference between 109808 and 2030 is the possibility of OC (or not.)

So what is the purpose of the multibaseband?

It's the hacked/unofficially unlocked bootloader (G300bootloader.exe utility from the "explained like you're 5 tutorial") that causes the 3G reboots.

The baseband is irrelevant in this case.

Hacked ICS bootloader with either baseband may cause the 3G reboots.

If you are running ICS/JB/KK and want to avoid 3G reboots then you really need to do an official unlock of the stock ICS bootloader as per george109's detailed tutorial.

The advantage of multi baseband ROMs/tweaks is that you can use either baseband.

In the past some people didn't want the hassle of changing basebands.

Probably not such a big deal these days since we have the zips for easily upgrading/downgrading the baseband from CWM.

Some of the stuff here is historical/legacy and overtaken by events when people found newer and more creative ways to deal with certain problems... :)

Edited by dalyer

• 4 weeks later...
Guest milanfcb

I've installed B-952-v13-Slim_ByDan_White, but the app that I need (GoogleCalendarAdapter) isn't in this package. So, I tried to install it manually from gapps package, but it won't work. Do you know is there a specific version of this apk file that I have to install in order to work properly?

Guest dinamo1975

I've installed B-952-v13-Slim_ByDan_White, but the app that I need (GoogleCalendarAdapter) isn't in this package. So, I tried to install it manually from gapps package, but it won't work. Do you know is there a specific version of this apk file that I have to install in order to work properly?

in CWM install this

GoogleCalendarAdapter.zip

Guest styrofoam
Hello,

Sorry for my English language! 

I looove this Rom, fast and stable, but I have small bug with the sound when I listen to a ringtone, it makes "electronic" noise, I unchecked DSP, be the cause, but it always does! 

Any idea? 

Thank you!

Guest pickarooney

Does this ROm allow for USB mass storage?

How is the battery life?

Dammit, can the OP be edited to mention that the download link from that forum is infested with spyware?

Edited by pickarooney

Guest styrofoam
Does this ROm allow for USB mass storage?
Yes!

How is the battery life?
Very good!

Dammit, can the OP be edited to mention that the download link from that forum is infected with spyware?
No spyware in the link!

Guest laurisss

From the spanish site linked in the OP, the download link is

DESCARGA: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/41a8392e13/

The green download button at that link (but not the direct download link) is an EXE which installs 4 spyware programs and messes with browser homepage settings.

You have to press the "Direct download link" ... 

• 1 month later...
Guest Garlic84

Signature Verify fail….- rooted Huawei G300 ,officially unlocked bootloader , rom B952-slim-v13 Multibaseband

Hi

I have a Huawei g300 and I have rooted it (bootloader was unlocked officially, using code from Huawei) and successfully installed this rom. I was very pleased with it but today all of a sudden after restarting my phone shows following: “Signature Verify Fail! Please update your image to a signature official one. You can remove battery for power down.” I can’t go to the recovery and phone doesn’t charge but I have spare full battery. When pressing down/up volume pink screen appear.Any ideas how to resolve this?

I came across this solution http://www.modaco.com/topic/358910-image-signature-verify-fail-after-vodafone-ota-upgrade/page-2  where you need to go the Huawei website and download B895 DOWNGRADE.Is this correct procedure ? As I said; I’m rooted and was running mentioned rom.

Also any ideas, how this has happened??!! have never installed any updates/downgrades-I have just restarted the phone!

Thanks for your replies

• 5 months later...
Guest doveman

Having a weird problem trying to change SIM here. I'm currently on Tesco (O2) and that works fine and I get full signal bars at home. When I put in a Three SIM, it won't let me disable the WiFi, as when I do it just turns itself back on again, along with Data. I can disable Data by itself but when I disable WiFi it turns both back on again. I also have no signal, or maybe 1 bar.

Is there an incompatibility with this ROM or Phone and Three?

• 1 month later...
Guest doveman

There seems to be an issue with this ROM and Barcode Scanner, as it says "Sorry the Android camera encountered a problem. You may need to restart the device" when I launch it. The Camera app itself launches OK though.

I was planning to give my G300 to a friend with Textsecure installed but that relies on Barcode Scanner, hence why I need it. Is there a fix for this (I've just done a factory reset and encrypted it to get it ready for my friend) or will I just need to use a different ROM and if so, which is the best option. I do prefer Slim for the amount of RAM it leaves free but I can't give my friend something that's not working properly :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest doveman

GBXTREME works very nicely with the G300 but unfortunately Google Keyboard isn't compatible with it, which is a problem, nor does it have the option to encrypt storage, which is a big issue as well, so I'd prefer to come back to Slim if anyone is able to find the problem that's preventing Barcode Scanner working.

Guest doveman

OK, so I've flashed back to B952-slim-v13 By Dan White as I needed the encrypt storage option, which is missing from GB.

I've more or less followed the instructions here http://www.modaco.com/topic/360832-romics-b952slim-rom/page-5#entry2092374 although to be precise I've:

Wipe data
wipe cache
format system
format data
format cache
wipe dalvik cache
install rom zip
boot phone
sign in
let it install all my apps from play store (not much, as this is a new phone/account for my friend)
Install rom toolbox - gives a good way to boot recovery without pulling the battery! (I might use an Xposed module which puts the Reboot/Recovery option in the power menu instead though).
Install Pimp my Rom to overclock to 1.19 and SmartAssV2 and make these tweaks to hopefully fix the Caller ID lag: http://www.modaco.com/topic/361307-mod-fix-the-caller-id-lag-updated/page-3#entry2111548
Use Pimp my Rom to enable init.d then reboot
Use Rom Toolbox lite to set DNS to Google, although that doesn't seem to work as after I tap Apply, when I come back later the Override on Wifi and Mobile buttons are both off. OpenVPN can't connect to the vpngate.net server I'd got it working with anymore either, nor another one I've tried adding. Orbot still works though, so maybe it's just a coincidence.

I haven't converted Apex Launcher to a system app as I'm not going to pay £3.99 for it just to do that, so is there any other free app that will let me do that? I also haven't installed Paul's Kernel #19 or Supremacy as reading through the thread, I think they're not really recommended any more.

Is there anything else I should do, particularly to avoid Caller ID or 2G/3G switching issues? I'm still on the 109808 GB baseband as I downgraded to that from 2030 when I tried GBXTreme. I've got a feeling I'd officially unlocked the ICS bootloader to avoid the 3G reboots, so how would I get back to that from here or is it not worth it? I know about the tutorial here https://www.dc-unlocker.com/free-huawei-bootloader-unlock-tutorial but what would I need to do first to make the phone ready for that?

I'll install JRummy's Cache Cleaner and Greenify as I've seen the former recommend in this thread and use the latter myself already. I quite like Clean Master for it's ability to easily disable apps from loading at boot but it's quite bloated and intrusive. I see that Rom Toolbox lite has an Autostart Manager but it's much more confusing and I don't feel confident using that.

I wouldn't mind a different notification toggles package if there's one with smaller icons that will let me fit what I need (WiFi, GPS, Data, Brightness, Bluetooth, Autorotate and Silent) on one line but I can manage without Silent if necessary, as that's easy enough to do with the volume controls/on-screen slider.

EDIT: I'm using this power toggles package from dinamo1975 http://www.modaco.com/topic/361056-mod-cm-style-power-toggles-ics-new-mods/#entry2095947 , which I remember now is what I had on there before I tried GBXtreme, which I'm much happier with http://www.modaco.com/topic/361056-mod-cm-style-power-toggles-ics-new-mods/#entry2095947

Edited by doveman