[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

OMG! This ROM IS memory hungry... Disadvantage of having millions of settings/features :)

Setting "Process limit" to 4 in developer settings helps a lot.

post-932905-0-23769300-1361211304_thumb.

Edited by C3C0

Guest omegavesko

So, this is like PAC except DPI settings don't work at all?

I could see myself switching from AOSPA, but it's rather useless to me if I can't change the density. :)

You can, but not on per-app basis. Also ui layout can't be changed.

Root box doesn't use PA DPI/layout system.

It uses Xposed (search in Google) but it's not working on armv6, unfortunately...

BTW looks like I am now definitively sure PA framework has negative impact on general system responsiveness/speed.

I really find this one faster and more fluid.

I am using the exactly same set of apps as on PA.

Edited by C3C0

Guest omegavesko
You can, but not on per-app basis. Also ui layout can't be changed.

Root box doesn't use PA DPI/layout system.

It uses Xposed (search in Google) but it's not working on armv6, unfortunately...

Ah. So can I still set the system density to 200dpi? That's really all I need.

@mamen

They're both equally stable since they use the same low-level system. It only depends on what you prefer and what suits your needs.

Edited by C3C0

Tried it . MAN this ROM has the best features inside a box and it's super faster.

Also there's a bug when you open Message application , the status bar goes white and then stays black.

You mean go and stay black while you are in messeging app,or even when you close that app?In my case status bar is black while messeger is open and when a close it ,its trasparent again.And for me its not bug ,doesnt bother me at all.

Guest mamen2022

@mamen

They're both equally stable since they use the same low-level system. It only depends on what you prefer and what suits your needs.

Ok, but what are the main differences between those two? I am tempted to test this on but dont know why should test if it is the same android version x)

Guest simicsl

Android keyboard does not show up when it's needed.

Device not showing in adb devices list.

Does anyone else having this bugs?

Can you put some file manager inside this ROM?

Guest omegavesko
While connected to MSN Messenger but in standby, is there any chargable GPRS data at all? Also, someone said that the icon that appears alongside your name in someone elses messenger friends list changes to a telephone or something to signify you're connected via a mobile device.... is this correct?? :?:

This one should be faster, and it has more features that AOKP and CM have but Paranoid doesn't.

Guest WiiSky70

And one more stupid question. How to run a pie?

1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).

2. Make sure you have a clean, spacious countertop available for kneading and rolling out the dough.

3. Place the flour, salt, and butter in a large bowl. With a pastry blender or fork, smash up the butter until it forms tiny balls with the flour. Then slowly add the water.

4. Knead with floured hands until a large dough ball forms. Split the ball in half and wrap one of the piece in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped dough in the refrigerator.

5. On a floured counter-top, begin to roll the dough out into a circle shape about 2 inches larger in diameter than the pie pan. Some people prefer to place a layer of plastic wrap on top of the dough as it's being rolled so that it doesn't stick to the rolling pin.

6. Slowly lift the flattened dough off the counter-top by wrapping it completely around the rolling pin.

7. Unroll the dough over the pan, being careful not to let it tear. Fit it into the pan, pressing it against all the sides.

8. Cut off the overhanging edges. Leave about 1/4 inch of extra dough over the pie pan.

9. Place the pie shell in the refrigerator.

10. Make the filling.

Peel and slice the apples into pieces about 1/8 of an inch thick or chop them into 1/2" cubes. Put them into a large bowl and mix with sugars (white and brown), salt, lemon juice, flour,nutmeg and cinnamon (shake over to cover the top of mixture). Place in refrigerator.

11. Roll out the remaining ball of dough on a floured surface, just like you did before.

• Sliced top. Gently fold it in half and make 4 to 5 half inch long slices along the fold and 4 slices in the center of the folded piece. These will allow the filling to breath and not break through the sides. Unfold the top crust set it aside.

• Lattice top. Cut the rolled out dough into as many 1" wide strips as it will yield.

12. Remove the pie shell and filling from the refrigerator.

13. Pour the filling into the pie shell, spreading it out with the back of a spoon. There should be enough filling to fill the entire pan and stack up above the edge at least an inch in the center.

14. Brush the edges of the pie shell with a beaten egg.

15. Lay the top crust over the pie.
    • Sliced top. Lay the sliced top crust over filling. Cut off the excess edges with a butter knife. Take both thumbs facing each other and place them over the edge. Push thumbs down and towards each other. Do this around the entire pie to seal it.
    • Lattice top.

• Place the pastry strips across the top of the apples in a criss-cross pattern, then weave them together to create a lattice effect.
      • Cut off the overhanging excess pastry and press the edges down into the rim as previously described.

16. Sprinkle milk over the top or brush the lattice with the egg wash. This will help to brown the crust. Dust cinnamon and sugar over the top crust for an extra touch.

17. Bake at 400ºF (200ºC) for 15 minutes. Turn down the oven to 375ºF (190ºC) for 45 minutes.

18. Allow pie to cool 45 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature before serving.

FINISHED :) . Here's your fresh Apple Pie ;)

550px-Bake-an-Apple-Pie-from-Scratch-Intro.jpg