[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

thanks C3C0 nice rom. youtube is a little slower then on mokee but its tolerable

how high to go with cpu?

which governor should use?

and what io scheduler to use?

Well Mokee OS is way better than any other rom for skate(with launcher pro),i try almost every rom.Fast ,stable ,no problems at all.

Hello there, i've been trying to flash this rom but i am having problem, always getting error (status 7), i installed CWM 6.0.2.7 but the problem is still there. I managed to flash cm 10.1 but rootbox cant. Can anyone sugest any solution, thanx?

It looks like partition size was the problem, now it's working.

Edited by smexo

New build available

Changelog 22/02/2013

- Synced with RootBox official repos

- New WiFi and Signal icons

- StatusBar Toggles Holo Light: All toggles are now Holo when option is enabled.

- New Toggle: RootBox Toggle to access RootBox Settings

- Screen Delay timeout stuck @5 Seconds fixed

- Option to disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape mode

- One touch profile selection

- Long press Profile Toggle: Profile Settings

- Long Press Quiet Hours Toggle: Quiet Hours Settings

- AOKP Record Toggle: Record Voice through toggle (Record, Stop, Play)

- Lockscreen Memory Leak fixed

- Lockscreen targets: Smaller icons with rounded corners

- Quiet Hours: Fixed notification sounds playing when Quiet Hours enabled.

- Profiles: Lockscreen options (Insecure, Disabled, Default) fixed

- Lockscreen NavBar: Little circle overlapping NavBar Buttons when PowerMenu or StatusBar dropped down on lockscreen.

- upgrade without wiping data possible

Guest Bandaranaike

Guys which S3E version do you recommend installing?

I originally flashed S2Efixed-2 but after installing 20/2 build (which did "fix" mounting to ext partition) S2E was gone, as were all my apps. So I fresh-installed the ROM and flashed the same S2E again, and although it works, it doesnt show that it has mounted the external partition. Id just like to be able to flash nightlies without fresh-installing every time.

Edit: Solved. Just flashed s2e along with rom and gapps. :/

@C3C0 If it is possible at all, could you please consider adding 'sleep' button in quick notification toggles? Im a bit trippy about my power button.

Edited by Bandaranaike

Guest Lex20nine

"System UID's inconsistent" Is the error I received after upgrade, with the process com.android.phone Force Closing. The phone itself suggests a data partition wipe. So, wiping. If anyone has the same problem =D.

Guest lewis_nvd

How to upgrade if you had INT2EXT+ script? You need to reinstall the script after install ROM and GAPPS? Or simply wipe cache, dalvik cache, install ROM and GAPPS?

Thank you ;)

Guest Lex20nine

How to upgrade if you had INT2EXT+ script? You need to reinstall the script after install ROM and GAPPS? Or simply wipe cache, dalvik cache, install ROM and GAPPS?

Thank you ;)

Well I tried that. Not sure, however if that was the cause of the error I mentioned in my previous post.

Guest plegdroid

@C3C0 If it is possible at all, could you please consider adding 'sleep' button in quick notification toggles? Im a bit trippy about my power button.

you can use screen off and lock (free from playstore ) its not a widget, so if using Nova launcher,possible apex, you can set a transparent icon for it to hide it. :)

transparent icon

http://db.tt/TljCWhaD

edit, replaced it into a zip, due to dropbox won't allow download of just the png :D O:)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest omegavesko

@C3C0

Why camera is not smooth like in gingerbread roms ?

There is a kind of cut and refraction and during video recording and image capture

The camera will never be as good as Gingerbread ROMs. It's significantly less buggy on some ROMs (I haven't really noticed anything wrong with it on this ROM), but Gingerbread ROMs have always had the best camera functionality.

We will never get the Gingerbread camera experience with ICS/JB/JB2 on the Skate because the camera libs aren't made for android 4.0+, tilal6993 and C3C0 had to use a hack to make the camera work at all. I don't use the camera a lot and if you do you should had got a different phone in the first place (5 MP is practically outdated now with the nokia 808 pureview and the samsung galaxy camera being practically camera's with tablet functionalibility (because the samsung isn't a phone, you can't call with it about the nokia i'm not sure).

Guest omegavesko

We will never get the Gingerbread camera experience with ICS/JB/JB2 on the Skate because the camera libs aren't made for android 4.0+, tilal6993 and C3C0 had to use a hack to make the camera work at all. I don't use the camera a lot and if you do you should had got a different phone in the first place (5 MP is practically outdated now with the nokia 808 pureview and the samsung galaxy camera being practically camera's with tablet functionalibility (because the samsung isn't a phone, you can't call with it about the nokia i'm not sure).

It's not the 5MP that makes the camera bad. Megapixels are an incredibly naive way of measuring camera quality, at any rate. There are 5MP point-and-shoot cameras out there that absolutely blow our camera away in terms of quality.

We just have a very cheap sensor, that's all. Not much anyone can do about it.

Guest danielu2501

Why I'm running out of storage space so quickly? Fresh install, added three apps (Tapatalk, Kindle, Facebook) and got storage low warning? I had Nexus S before also with 512MB of memory and could install dozens of apps and never got warning. Ate the moment phone is showing:

- 162MB total space

- 118MB apps

- 19.81 available

- 4.34 cached data

All that after moving installed apps to SD card!

Guest Bandaranaike

Anybody has a problem with pie becoming invisible in launcher? It works you just can't see any soft buttons, clock etc. Chevron targets and notifications show up normally. Using nova launcher.

Edit: Seen on xda folks complaining about this, it is launcher issue. If using nova download beta update and it's all dandy :D

Edited by Bandaranaike

Everybody has that problem .

Do anyone else have problem with restarting phone after last rom update? Its not often ,but it is 3-4 time day .I never before had that kind of problem.

Guest Bandaranaike
Can any one tell me do you have broken circle on lock screen when you are going to unlock phone?is it rom or just my device

It's rom. Not everything can be perfect.