[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest atomicr

After updated to R5 from R3 (without wipe), my soft buttons dont glow anymore. They are working and glow during boot. What can couse this?

Guest MickJack

the new toggles are modified using the new rom settings icon in the app drawer.

Thanks Tractor, I knew that as soon as I read it !! liking it now.

Guest spacelordmf

Cyda, thanx, is the best ROM. But how i can back huawei toogles from r3 to r5? In r5, if you switch on in not. panel switches wi fi hotspot - wi fi automatical switch off, is normally, bur if you switch off hot spot - wi fi not enabled automatically back. And sorry - my english is bad. :)

Guest henrythedog

Thankyou, just grabbed r5 rom about an hour ago. No problems whatsoever so far... most of my apps were still on my phone, but could be because I had them backed up to SD card maybe? or because I signed in and synced my google account?

Had to set SD as default storage as mine was set to internal by default after flash and reboot... but that's the only thing. Everything is running smooth and fast, made my first ROM experience on this phone a breeze, thanks to the "explained like you're 5" thread for getting me through the IMEI backup, unlock bootloader and root and install CWM... once I'd done that just followed your instructions to install this ROM.... was looking forward to flashing another ROM, but I'm so impressed with this one that I might not bother for a while now :)

OH just FWIW, but to do the above I was already on b952 official FW with baseband 2030.

Glad to see the rom is working well for everyone. I'll make some addons next week for things like volume wake up, default battery icon etc to cover the little things that people have mentioned.

Guest MickJack

As mentioned before just moved to R4 and its working well, Was on the original Stock+rom and needed to add the ro.config.dualmic=false line to the build.prop file, do I need to do this again or are low mic volumes better in 960

Edit: I have added the line in, still not sure on the low mic volume thing, is it just a problem with some handsets and for most the mic is good?

Edited by MickJack

Guest OmnioPT

Glad to see the rom is working well for everyone. I'll make some addons next week for things like volume wake up, default battery icon etc to cover the little things that people have mentioned.

Thanks Cyda! Good work!

Guest gde01

Thanks for your work and sharing this Cyda. Running R2 with tillaz toggles mod (thanks tillaz). Smooth and fast. Best performing rom I've used so far on this phone.

Regarding dayler's comments yesterday about '3G reboot's'. I also have (or had) this issue. Came from cm 10.1 r2 before this and usually experienced at least 2 or 3 a day. Since flashing this, not one random reboot in 6 days. Probably jinxed it now though!

Guest TangerineTractor

Threw wobbled for me today. First gallery wouldn't work, which didn't help because I was in Ikea and had photo'd the label so I could remember where to find the item I wanted in the warehouse bit.... found the snaps using file explorer... and then later the camera stopped working.

Threw wobbled for me today. First gallery wouldn't work, which didn't help because I was in Ikea and had photo'd the label so I could remember where to find the item I wanted in the warehouse bit.... found the snaps using file explorer... and then later the camera stopped working.

Sounds odd. You sure the storage hadn't switched to internal? Also, which kernel were you using, #19 or #15?

Guest TangerineTractor

Sounds odd. You sure the storage hadn't switched to internal? Also, which kernel were you using, #19 or #15?

storage had swapped but I switched back and rebooted. using #15.

Maybe related to what Tractor is saying, there is a problem with paths which I encountered yesterday before upgrading to 5 while trying to change some icons, the app in question didn't complain but the new icons didn't apply. Today the same operation worked but I didn't touch Link2SD yet. There was some comment by Cyda I believe regarding the bad behavior of this phone (switching cards) and how to disable Link2SD, I think it would be wiser to just not install it if people are having this kind of problems.

And lastly, the strong points of this rom are simplicity and efficiency (battery, speed, reliability) why not go for a basic set of icons (B&W if you ask me) instead of the stock ones and no wallpaper as default, go all the way, be green :)

Guest jgbyr

Is there a smooth(solid circle) battery mod available for this rom. I have seen some elsewhere but it said they were specifically for a CM rom. Thanks.

Guest TangerineTractor

Is there a smooth(solid circle) battery mod available for this rom. I have seen some elsewhere but it said they were specifically for a CM rom. Thanks.

flash the toggles mod from the other thread

Guest jgbyr

flash the toggles mod from the other thread

Thanks for that but I only want the battery mod,I like the toggles in this rom.

Edited by jgbyr

Guest Colossae3.23

Don't know if this matters, but I noticed in link2sd/storage info that I have an Ext. SD (/mnt/sd2) and an SD Card 2nd part (/data/sdext2) They seem to be the same thing, as they are showing the same exact info. I don't remember seeing this duplication with the mod that you made for the CM roms. I've had the default storage swap issue, but it's not a constant problem. I really like this mod, cause it really makes a lot of sense to use all that space on the internal card for storing apps. I hope you can still find a way of including it.

Guest henrythedog

Quick question for you, didn't see it mentioned in the features of this ROM, do I need to again install CWM if I want to flash another sometime? I know it's rooted still as I saw that listed and also I have the SU app... just not sure whether CWM was included in the ROM too as I don't see an app.... sorry if stupid question.

Guest Colossae3.23

Quick question for you, didn't see it mentioned in the features of this ROM, do I need to again install CWM if I want to flash another sometime? I know it's rooted still as I saw that listed and also I have the SU app... just not sure whether CWM was included in the ROM too as I don't see an app.... sorry if stupid question.

It's not included. But how did you flash this rom? You probably already have CWM. Go to the power button menu and choose recovery. It should turn off the phone and boot into CWM Edit: just saw your other post. Yeah you already have CWM. You don't lose it when you change roms. Once you install it, it stays there

Edited by Colossae3.23

Don't know if this matters, but I noticed in link2sd/storage info that I have an Ext. SD (/mnt/sd2) and an SD Card 2nd part (/data/sdext2) They seem to be the same thing, as they are showing the same exact info. I don't remember seeing this duplication with the mod that you made for the CM roms. I've had the default storage swap issue, but it's not a constant problem. I really like this mod, cause it really makes a lot of sense to use all that space on the internal card for storing apps. I hope you can still find a way of including it.

These two will always be the same because they are the same, its basically saying that internal is mounted as sdcard2 and sdext2 (which is the one Link2SD uses), its nothing to worry about. The problem is caused by the default storage switching to internal, apart from that it is fine. That said, even if this mod is removed from the rom by default you will still be able to flash the Link2Int mod in the same way as before, the only reason I would remove it is to save confusion and problems for those who don't use it. It's better for those who want the mod to install it than it is for those who have no idea what it is to be scratching their heads because things aren't working as they would expect.

Edited by Cyda