[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest Colossae3.23

I want to remove Google search box from screen but I cannot find where it is in settings? Help!

Can you long press on it and remove it? If not, I know you can remove it when you have Nova launcher installed. I don't use it either

Guest Colossae3.23

These two will always be the same because they are the same, its basically saying that internal is mounted as sdcard2 and sdext2 (which is the one Link2SD uses), its nothing to worry about. The problem is caused by the default storage switching to internal, apart from that it is fine. That said, even if this mod is removed from the rom by default you will still be able to flash the Link2Int mod in the same way as before, the only reason I would remove it is to save confusion and problems for those who don't use it. It's better for those who want the mod to install it than it is for those who have no idea what it is to be scratching their heads because things aren't working as they would expect.

Yeah good point. Thanks

Guest ppzero

Can you long press on it and remove it? If not, I know you can remove it when you have Nova launcher installed. I don't use it either

I'm using Stock+ R5 as it is and I just can't find the damn thing.

Guest Colossae3.23

And I am. I don't think there is a setting to remove it like in CM. Try installing Nova from the Play store. It is a cracking launcher, and you can remove Google search from the home screen.

I want to remove Google search box from screen but I cannot find where it is in settings? Help!

Open the Link2SD app included with the rom, find Google Search, long-press it and choose freeze. The search box with be removed from the desktop.

Guest ppzero

Open the Link2SD app included with the rom, find Google Search, long-press it and choose freeze. The search box with be removed from the desktop.

Thanks!

Thanks!

You're welcome. If you actually want google search to be functional but still remove it from the screen, you can do it with Nova launcher from the Play store.

Guest henrythedog

It's not included. But how did you flash this rom? You probably already have CWM. Go to the power button menu and choose recovery. It should turn off the phone and boot into CWM Edit: just saw your other post. Yeah you already have CWM. You don't lose it when you change roms. Once you install it, it stays there

Thank you for your response, typically just found that out before I came back to this thread... but appreciate the effort to help anyway :) - do all your apps stay with you even after you change ROMs? so basically even if you flash the onboard chips there's still a software repository of the apps that you had, and you just still have to start over with those apps as the information in those apps has gone with the wipe? - sorry if that sounds weird, it makes sense to me that way.

I have actually found something confusing... after I checked whether I had CWM still I rebooted the phone, after rebooting my swiftkey app no longer had the english language pack even though I had installed it after flashing this ROM on it earlier today and using it all day.. and it won't let me download it either or any other language packs now.. so have had to switch back to using the stock android one for now. Just thought I'd bring it up as it's confusing?

Edited by henrythedog

Guest Redflake

This happens with swiftkey if the default storage as switched back to internal. Go to settings storage, default storage and select external. Then swift key language settings will work again.

Guest fr0do
do all your apps stay with you even after you change ROMs?
no

If you upgrade a rom without a full wipe everything stays (wiping the cache leaves stuff). Switching ROMs requires a full wipe. You'd only be able to recover from a backup (of the same android version). We use titanium backup (free and paid), huawei backup etc to do that.

Guest henrythedog

This happens with swiftkey if the default storage as switched back to internal. Go to settings storage, default storage and select external. Then swift key language settings will work again.

Yep, that worked thanks... forgot to check if it'd defaulted to internal storage again after reboot :(

About the apps staying, just to clear this up... so CWM stays after a full wipe (which I did when installing this ROM as per instructions right?)

CWM > Wipe data/factory reset

But the other apps will have to be restored via titanium backup or similar... I have used titanium in the past, but at the moment am using android assistant that has a few good tools included such as backup/restore.. would that do, or is titanium a better choice?

I'm not positive, but think that after reboot and enter account details for google it automatically added my apps that I was using before.... I definitely didn't add them manually or use restore.. this is why I am becoming confused I think.

Guest tyrol_gangster

moved to this ROM from CM9 and amazed at its speed and stability, thanks for the great work.

just a few minor things I am missing - can somebody point me to a solution please?

1. wake up phone by volume buttons

2. 2G/3G toggle in notification widget

3. battery icon Domination from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1681658

Guest fr0do

About the apps staying, just to clear this up... so CWM stays after a full wipe (which I did when installing this ROM as per instructions right?)

But the other apps will have to be restored via titanium backup or similar... I have used titanium in the past, but at the moment am using android assistant that has a few good tools included such as backup/restore.. would that do, or is titanium a better choice?

I'm not positive, but think that after reboot and enter account details for google it automatically added my apps that I was using before.... I definitely didn't add them manually or use restore.. this is why I am becoming confused I think.

CWM is a bootloader. Unless you flash a new one, if won't be removed. If you install via an update app... Those don't use the Bootloader and if they're stock, they'll replace CWM with the stock Bootloader, which isn't much use.

As part of your Google sign in you agree for apps to be restored back to your device.

Guest dalyer

just a few minor things I am missing - can somebody point me to a solution please?

2. 2G/3G toggle in notification widget

As far as I know the nearest thing to a 2G/3G toggle is an app like this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.softxperience.android.switchnetworktype

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.curvefish.widgets.network2g3gonoff

And there seem to be quite a few others. Unfortuntely I don't think that non CyanogenMod ROMs can do a direct 2G/3G toggle?

Guest jake460

cyda, not a problem but in settings/about phone/operator counrty info it says operator name vodafone, when mine is unlocked and on o2 sim, is this hard written into the system or is is auto detected and is it easy to change, thanks

Edited by jake460

Guest iPedroscb

I was operated on last Monday and this is what happens if you leave your phone. 24/7 with wireless and only a few calls / sms

cIyWttD.png