[ROM][JB]-Android Open Kang Project for the Huawei Ascend G300. R2 Updated: 22/4/2013

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr
yes i did but as of fc i disabled it.allso i can not get hspda network. only 3g,and since i have been on 2030 bb 3g nerver worked but it would allways jump straight to hspda so its never botherd me, so when i tryed useing the mobile data its stuck on 3g witch dont work thats nothink to do with your very good rom,but it wont go onto hspda,is any one else had this problem?it may just be somthink to do with my network,but i just thought i would ask.

I think the only 3g thing is the ROM because I only had 3g today...I think... I'll check it out.

PS: if your carrier supports 3g, it might be worth you checking your APN settings.

Guest raverrr
Andy

I had the 3G problem which i had never seen before on any rom, was always HSDPA.

The 3rd party camera apps i have installed managed to wipe out all the pictures from my sd card also, no problem on other roms maybe just a coincidense :wacko:

GPS worked fine but was slow to lock but still it works.

Auto brightness broke as has been stated.

In call volume another deal breaker, will this ever be fixed ?? pretty sure it was working ok in one of the first JB releases?

Nice rom but gone back to try Stock+ again

All issues discussed will be reviewed and fixed if possible. Meanwhile do remember peeps that this is an initial release and the first ROM I have ever compiled from source. Peace

Guest Andymac1969

I think this is a great ROM for my soon departing G300, it runs really well, Google Now has it's moments when it can lag like hell, but hey ho not the end of the world.

The only thing I have noticed is that it is not deep sleeping, it's not a huge hassle, and also if you set an overclock in Performance settings, and set it at reboot, when you reboot it reverts to standard settings, again not a hassle, just a bit strange.

Anyone else noticed this?

The screenshots are before and after a reboot

post-407498-0-22810500-1366396881_thumb.

post-407498-0-21632900-1366396899_thumb.

post-407498-0-38217000-1366396915_thumb.

post-407498-0-49197000-1366396931_thumb.

Guest raverrr
I think this is a great ROM for my soon departing G300, it runs really well, Google Now has it's moments when it can lag like hell, but hey ho not the end of the world.

The only thing I have noticed is that it is not deep sleeping, it's not a huge hassle, and also if you set an overclock in Performance settings, and set it at reboot, when you reboot it reverts to standard settings, again not a hassle, just a bit strange.

The performance settings reverting bk to default "should" be fixed at the same time as I fix the colour selection. It's just ROMcontrol missing some stuff to work fully on this device.

Guest dakok

It is very rude to moan about things that don't work in a rom's first release.

Come on, folks!

Just report bad stuff and offer loggings.

And be happy for having a dev working on g300

Guest Andymac1969

The performance settings reverting bk to default "should" be fixed at the same time as I fix the colour selection. It's just ROMcontrol missing some stuff to work fully on this device.

No problem, it's a nice ROM well done, runs very smooth on the G300 :)

Guest andy/newbie

I think the only 3g thing is the ROM because I only had 3g today...I think... I'll check it out.

PS: if your carrier supports 3g, it might be worth you checking your APN settings.

yes i am on 3 network,good point ill check that,well trust me for a first release its a very good rom its a keeper for me

Guest raverrr
Sorry about the moan

Hope it gets well soon :D

That wasn't a moan... that was a compliment compared to some of the stuff ive seen on here lol. I can handle the odd spoilt brat , sarcasm is key :)

Guest raverrr
Raverrr have you though of using 4.2.2 (or even KLP) as a base of your roms in the future?
originally I wanted to compile aokp ICS just because its actually compatible with our phone and requires less hacking. But the source was incomplete. So I settled for this. I will most certainly "upgrade" as I accumulate knowledge but for now I'm sticking to this till I feel I can't improve it any more. As for LP... I doubt it... and I use dazzozos device source so out of common courtesy, he gets dibs on new builds. I'm still a "learner dev" anyway, I wouldn't know where to start :)

Guest raverrr

Deep sleeping fine for me. You must have a wake lock.

post-926286-13664025935822_thumb.jpg

Guest raverrr
Nice raverrr :D

Are you compiling it from source with Dazzozo's sources or it's a port?

Regards !!

From source with Dazzozo's device,kernel and proprietary repos.

Edit: its actually much nicer to work with source. So much easier to identify and fix problems.

Guest kyan31
From source with Dazzozo's device,kernel and proprietary repos.

Edit: its actually much nicer to work with source. So much easier to identify and fix problems.

Quick question:

When you compile from source, is the output ROM guaranteed to boot?

Guest raverrr

Quick question:

When you compile from source, is the output ROM guaranteed to boot?

not guaranteed but this did. Even if it does there is still bugs to fix. Unless you are some kind of compatibility Don lol :)

Guest kyan31
not guaranteed but this did. Even if it does there is still bugs to fix. Unless you are some kind of compatibility Don lol :)

Oh, thanks for the reply :lol:

Guest plewis1981

Thanks raverrr this ROM is awesom!

Just 1 question, is there any way to remove the Google search bar from the homescreen. I have looked through all the lovely settings but can't seem to find this particuler option.