[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

I tried everything possible to root my Orange france phone.

i unplugged the phone, restarted my computer, tried to flash the orange logo first (didnt work), killed adb in task manager, i even reset my phone to factory settings just in case, and when i tried to flash the update.zip file, it failed (because i guess the orange update.zip package here was made for Orange UK phones.

The phone would just not restart twice after hitting root. Any suggestions, help everyone?

Ok the best i could do is flash my Orange France phone to Xolo ICS and root it...after that i tried to follow the instructions mentioned here:

http://www.modaco.co...-from-xolo-ics/

but i failed.

After doing "adb push system system", and restarting my phone into fastboot mode, i get this

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11326368/Photo%20Nov%2001%2C%207%2058%2052%20PM.jpg

again, i'm assuming this is because the orange update.zip here is the UK one, and doesnt match the french phone i have..can anyone comment on this?

if thats the case, anyway to get a hold of a french ICS update.zip?

Rami

Edited by rradi

Guest BlueMoonRising

Ok the best i could do is flash my Orange France phone to Xolo ICS and root it...after that i tried to follow the instructions mentioned here:

http://www.modaco.co...-from-xolo-ics/

but i failed.

After doing "adb push system system", and restarting my phone into fastboot mode, i get this

https://dl.dropbox.c... 7 58 52 PM.jpg

again, i'm assuming this is because the orange update.zip here is the UK one, and doesnt match the french phone i have..can anyone comment on this?

if thats the case, anyway to get a hold of a french ICS update.zip?

Rami

I got the same Android recovery screen, my problem was I didn't check both boxes in adb so that it was active on reboot.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Thanks Ricky, unfortunatly, i already flashed mine with the XOLO image, in an attempt to follow this post: http://www.modaco.co...cs/page__st__40

Now i dont know what to do :) am i stuck with Xolo now?

Since it allowed you to flash the Xolo update I'm pretty sure the fact that you've a French OSD has nothing to do with you not being able to flash the UK Orange update.

If you've got the Orange logo on it and have checked you are rooted, try rebooting Windows and your phone. Then check C:\SanDiego\orange\update.zip is the orange one, it should be about 277Mb in size. Don't forget to check that USB debugging is enabled and that you hit the "restore" button when the screen comes up on your phone.

Since it allowed you to flash the Xolo update I'm pretty sure the fact that you've a French OSD has nothing to do with you not being able to flash the UK Orange update.

If you've got the Orange logo on it and have checked you are rooted, try rebooting Windows and your phone. Then check C:\SanDiego\orange\update.zip is the orange one, it should be about 277Mb in size. Don't forget to check that USB debugging is enabled and that you hit the "restore" button when the screen comes up on your phone.

Tried rebooting my phone and windows, and made sure that the update.zip file is intact, and with usb debugging enabled, and adb insecure checkboxes checked... :(

I was able to get a hold of the Orange France update.zip file, and used the same tool to flash my phone back to its original state. To me, the fact that i was able to do this, is an indication that there was some differences between the Orange UK and Orange France phones. This to me is also why rooting the french phone directly with the tool doesnt work either...Maybe because my french phone says its AZ210B, while I understand that the UK one one says AZ210A? maybe thats what the fingerprint related error in my android recovery screen is about?

What do you think? thanks for debugging with me!

Guest rickywyatt

Coming Soon near a phone near you

------------------------------------

(1) Removed sdcard bind (no longer need)

(2) Both sdcard now show though mtp protocol on pc

(3) Phone can see both sdcards in Music,Gallery and Settings Storage

(4) deodex for both orange and xolo with means you can add mods eg themes

Guest chochi_cz

Hi,

can this tool be used to unlock the UK Orange San Diego or to just root it?

I live outside UK so the unlock would be great thing to have :-)

Thank you

chochi

Guest rickywyatt

I have been making changes to my aio tool to make it easy for people to setup from now on you will find a file called setup in the sandiego folder witch will download all files need to use this tool

ics orange,xolo

Pauls orange gingerbread dump

deodex orange,xolo

and then it will move all files to the right places you will need to start form 1 to 5

thanks jikobutsu without your broadband this would never have happened

Guest chochi_cz

@jikobutsu: yup I meant SIM unlock .... san diego looks like great phone (specially given the price ;-), but impossible to get it outside few lucky countries :-( I mean I can buy it, but without unlock it is expensive paperweight ;-)

Guest stephen m

Some help please guys. My 16gb card was usable prior to trying out the following update. Now it's a white file when plugged into pc:-

(1) Removed sdcard bind (no longer need) - I've uninstalled this?

(2) Both sdcard now show though mtp protocol on pc - Can't see both cards

(3) Phone can see both sdcards in Music,Gallery and Settings Storage - Can't see both cards.

What I've done is run option 11-14 via the SanDiego.exe.

Your thoughts would be great thanks.

Edit: Reinstalled Benichou method and pc can now use SD card folder to transfer file.

Would however like to use the option to see both SD cards via the settings as described by rickywyatt. A talk through would be great :)

Edited by stephen m