[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Yeah, I guess I'll do that. It tried it before but it wouldn't work, so I think I'll have to buy some credit for it to do it so thought I might as well see if Huawei would give me the code for free first :)

You don't need credit.

Just follow this guide: 

The only difference is you need the u8815 driver as I know.

Guest doveman

You don't need credit.

Just follow this guide: 

The only difference is you need the u8815 driver as I know.

I tried with the usb_driver_U8810-U8815 and it says:

"DBAadapter reserved Interface driver ver. 2.0.6.601 required, please download and install ( download link: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/download/Huawei_usb_driver_2.0.6.601.zip )"

So I installed Huawei_usb_driver_2.0.6.601 and when I connect the phone in Download mode Windows says "USB Device not recognised" and DC Unlocker says "Phone not found"

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64 so I used the DriverSetup64.exe for both. I tried the DriverSetup.exe for 2.0.6.601 as well but it didn't help. There doesn't seem to be an uninstall option for these, so does anyone know how I can remove these drivers again?

I turned the phone off again and put it back in Download mode and re-connected it to the PC and this time I didn't get the error and it shows in Device Manager as DBAdapter Reserved Interface (COM3)" but when I drill down and look at the Driver File Details it shows it's using hw_quusbmdm.sys, which isn't part of the drivers I installed (they're all smhw...) and when I try DC Unlocker this time I get:

"unknown error (231)

DBAadapter reserved Interface driver ver. 2.0.6.601 required, please download and install ( download link: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/download/Huawei_usb_driver_2.0.6.601.zip )"

I tried with the usb_driver_U8810-U8815 and it says:

"DBAadapter reserved Interface driver ver. 2.0.6.601 required, please download and install ( download link: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/download/Huawei_usb_driver_2.0.6.601.zip )"

So I installed Huawei_usb_driver_2.0.6.601 and when I connect the phone in Download mode Windows says "USB Device not recognised" and DC Unlocker says "Phone not found"

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64 so I used the DriverSetup64.exe for both. I tried the DriverSetup.exe for 2.0.6.601 as well but it didn't help. There doesn't seem to be an uninstall option for these, so does anyone know how I can remove these drivers again?

I turned the phone off again and put it back in Download mode and re-connected it to the PC and this time I didn't get the error and it shows in Device Manager as DBAdapter Reserved Interface (COM3)" but when I drill down and look at the Driver File Details it shows it's using hw_quusbmdm.sys, which isn't part of the drivers I installed (they're all smhw...) and when I try DC Unlocker this time I get:

"unknown error (231)

DBAadapter reserved Interface driver ver. 2.0.6.601 required, please download and install ( download link: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/download/Huawei_usb_driver_2.0.6.601.zip )"

I had such a problem when I unlock my G510. Also a Win 8.1 64bit, but I had HiSuite installed.

The DC Unlocker site says that you should remove previously installed ADB drivers etc.

If you have HiSuite installed, HiSuite drivers me interference with the driver you installed from DC unlocker website.

I can't manage to successfully remove these drivers so made the unlocking on a Windows 7 machine that hasn't had any installed android driver before.

Guest doveman

I had such a problem when I unlock my G510. Also a Win 8.1 64bit, but I had HiSuite installed.

The DC Unlocker site says that you should remove previously installed ADB drivers etc.

If you have HiSuite installed, HiSuite drivers me interference with the driver you installed from DC unlocker website.

I can't manage to successfully remove these drivers so made the unlocking on a Windows 7 machine that hasn't had any installed android driver before.

OK, thanks. I haven't installed HiSuite on this Win 8.1 system as it was a recent clean install for gaming, so maybe it just doesn't like Win 8.1 but I seem to have installed some ADB drivers.

I manually deleted the Huawei drivers I installed for DC Unlocker by just looking for the files in the Windows folder but if I Show Hidden Devices in Device Manager I can see a few ADB devices:

ADB Interface - HTC Dream

Android Device - Motorola ADB Interface (*2, I guess I used these for my Moto G)

Android Device - Android Composite ADB Interface, Android Sooner Single ADB Interface, ROMaster Composite ADB Inteface (*2)

So I'll try uninstalling all of those (and selecting the "Delete the driver software for this device") and see if that helps.

Guest doveman

Nope. After reinstalling both the x86 and x64 versions of the 2.0.6.601 driver, DC Unlocker still gives the same error saying it needs to be installed.

I've found that the phone needs to be power-cycled after each attempt, as otherwise I get the Windows error "USB Device not recognised". If I power-cycle it back to Download mode, it doesn't do this the next time I plug it in but if I unplug it and connect it back up, I get that error again.

All I see now in Device Manager when it's connected is under Modem - Android Adapter Modem and under Ports - DBAdapter Reserved Interface (COM4). However I looked at the driver .inf file and at the bottom it lists

androidusb.SvcDesc = "ADB Interface Driver"
ClassName       = "ADB Interface"
HWFASTBOOT="Android Sooner Single ADB Interface"
HWADBNAME="Android Adapter ADB Interface"
HWLOGOTEST="Android Adapter ADB Interface (for Logo Test)"

so clearly the Android Sooner Single ADB Interface I saw before was from this driver and it should be showing up again now but isn't for some reason. I'll try rebooting the PC, otherwise I'll give Win7 a go (I think I've got a Win7 VHD I can boot to, otherwise I'll have to create one).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest doveman

I finally got round to creating a Win7 VHD and installed the u8810_u8815 driver. Now DC Unlocker doesn't say "DBAadapter reserved Interface driver ver. 2.0.6.601 required" anymore but it's still not working properly.

All it shows is this (I've edited the IMEI and MAC codes for privacy):

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1180

Detecting phone :

selection :
manufacturer - Huawei phones
model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found Applications port COM4
Found Diagnostics port COM3

Model               : Huawei Ascend G series
IMEI                : 8612xxxxx4524
Wi-Fi MAC           : 88:xx:xx:xx:xx:74
BlueTooth MAC       : 88:xx:xx:xx:xx:73
SIM Lock status     : unlocked

with no "Bootloader status" or "Bootloader code" for me to use as shown in this video at 1:30

I tried with the v2.0.6.601 driver as well and that's the same. I think it's a waste of time (and money) buying any credit as I don't think DC Unlocker will be able to unlock the phone if it's not returning any bootloader code

• 4 weeks later...
Guest doveman

Well it doesn't look like I'll be able to unlock my bootloader, so I guess I'll just flash back to a GB ROM. I'm going to give the phone to my Dad anyway and he doesn't need much, mainly just a bigger/better phone to use for texting than his current cheapo non-smartphone and I'll tell him not to keep any confidential data on there as it can't be encrypted and just use his tablet for most stuff.

EDIT: Maybe I can just use this ICS in GB to downgrade to the GB baseband and keep using an ICS ROM http://www.modaco.com/topic/361333-use-stock-based-ics-roms-on-gb-baseband/ I might still just stick with GBXTreme or SuperSlim though.

Edited by doveman