[ICS][B960] ϟTesla ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300ϟ ✰31/05/2013✰

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31
I've just installed this rom, it looks very nice, if feels clean and fast.

Btw, anyone knows how to disable the IP calls? I don't use it and i want to remove the buttons

In the build.prop, change IP call to false.

Guest kyan31

whats the point to have two nice cars, one not working and just taking space in your garage?

till they resolve it I'm away

Just delete trebuchet from /system/app :rolleyes:

Guest jugoslav

Just delete trebuchet from /system/app :rolleyes:

the ROM is good.

flashing again.

just promise you'll fix trebuchet, its a good launcher, but on the other hand there are many other good launchers, nova, apex (my favorite for now), Huawei Emotion UI, Xperia Z launcher, ... but when i install any of them phone becomes sooooo slow, that's y i think (for sure I'm wrong, i think i'm doing something wrong) that system launcher is the best.

that's y i want u to fix trebuchet.

also is there any way CM File Manager for ICS to get root privileges?

PS: one request.

wouldn't be good to put all fixes and improvements regarding last build (zips, build.props, kernels, tweaks, mods, themes, init.ds, engines, scripts, zipaligns, zrams, SETTINGS (so important) and who knows what else) in the first post so people wouldn't need to read all posts (imagine how i felt when wanted to install infusion ROM and there were 314 pages of posts, 314*~15=~4.500 posts).

I personally like CM Style Power Toggles.

just want your ROM to be more popular and better.

Edited by jugoslav

Guest jamie_w

Has anyone else had delay when opening up either contacts or dialer? Ive counted around 15secs at times. Its just a shame for me as I always keep coming back to Kyan's ROMs as I find them 1 of the best.

Guest kyan31

the ROM is good.

flashing again.

just promise you'll fix trebuchet, its a good launcher, but on the other hand there are many other good launchers, nova, apex (my favorite for now), Huawei Emotion UI, Xperia Z launcher, ... but when i install any of them phone becomes sooooo slow, that's y i think (for sure I'm wrong, i think i'm doing something wrong) that system launcher is the best.

that's y i want u to fix trebuchet.

also is there any way CM File Manager for ICS to get root privileges?

PS: one request.

wouldn't be good to put all fixes and improvements regarding last build (zips, build.props, kernels, tweaks, mods, themes, init.ds, engines, scripts, zipaligns, zrams and who knows what else) in the first post so people wouldn't need to read all posts (imagine how i felt when wanted to install infusion ROM and there were 314 pages of posts, 314*~15=~4.500 posts).

I personally like CM Style Power Toggles.

just want your ROM to be more popular and better.

1. I have no PC, so most of your recommendations and suggestions are useless as I can't do anything with them.

2. Everything you would need is on the opening posts, but some things recently may not be covered as my laptop broke meaning I cant comment as frequently or make flashable patches etc. I also don't use engines and random junk found on other forums, I use my own scripts (excluding loopy smoothness that will be removed in next release anyway)

3. You want to make ROMs more popular and better, yet you shout things like 'this rom is so sloooooooooooow' on various threads. Doesn't make any sense does it?

Well, if you do try my ROM, here are some tips so you won't post unnecessary comments:

1. Delete loopy smoothness from system/etc/init.d.

2. Copy your preferred launcher to /system/app and delete trebuchet. Then reboot.

3. If the SD card keeps on reverting, blame huawei. It's a common issue on stock ROMs, nothing to do with me.

Guest kyan31
Has anyone else had delay when opening up either contacts or dialer? Ive counted around 15secs at times. Its just a shame for me as I always keep coming back to Kyan's ROMs as I find them 1 of the best.

Have you deleted loopy smoothness from /system/etc/init.d? Try that, and hopefully that should fix your problem.

Guest jugoslav

1. I have no PC, so most of your recommendations and suggestions are useless as I can't do anything with them.

2. Everything you would need is on the opening posts, but some things recently may not be covered as my laptop broke meaning I cant comment as frequently or make flashable patches etc. I also don't use engines and random junk found on other forums, I use my own scripts (excluding loopy smoothness that will be removed in next release anyway)

3. You want to make ROMs more popular and better, yet you shout things like 'this rom is so sloooooooooooow' on various threads. Doesn't make any sense does it?

Well, if you do try my ROM, here are some tips so you won't post unnecessary comments:

1. Delete loopy smoothness from system/etc/init.d.

2. Copy your preferred launcher to /system/app and delete trebuchet. Then reboot.

3. If the SD card keeps on reverting, blame huawei. It's a common issue on stock ROMs, nothing to do with me.

sorry, sorry, sorry

Pirkeman said "turn off animations in development settings" i didnt know that

sorry.

1. how to do it (i'm mortal, not developer)?

2. is not so easy i think, can u explain in detail? i guess i need to rename launcher same as it was in /system/app

3. what can we do (except to buy a new one, s4, n4, i5, 600euros)

Guest kyan31

sorry, sorry, sorry

Pirkeman said "turn off animations in development settings" i didnt know that

sorry.

1. how to do it (i'm mortal, not developer)?

2. is not so easy i think, can u explain in detail? i guess i need to rename launcher same as it was in /system/app

3. what can we do (except to buy a new one, s4, n4, i5, 600euros)

For both 1 & 2, download a root explorer from the play store, grant root access, and follow my steps as I wrote before. You don't need to do any renaming, it should work fine nevertheless.

3. The issue isn't common with everyone, you could one of the lucky ones. If it does show up, that means everything you reboot, you must go to /settings/storage and switch to SD.

Guest jamie_w

Have you deleted loopy smoothness from /system/etc/init.d? Try that, and hopefully that should fix your problem.

I'll try that as I'm going to do reinstall it. Is it possible to install another MMS zip without causing any issues?

Guest jugoslav

SORRY kyan31 for my stupidity

this is not for me, i have spent 5 whole days, a few hours of sleeping and did nothing

going back to B952 or original B886

thanks to all repliers and developers

good luck

cheers

Guest jugoslav

For both 1 & 2, download a root explorer from the play store, grant root access, and follow my steps as I wrote before. You don't need to do any renaming, it should work fine nevertheless.

3. The issue isn't common with everyone, you could one of the lucky ones. If it does show up, that means everything you reboot, you must go to /settings/storage and switch to SD.

it happens sometimes

Edited by jugoslav

Guest jugoslav

Can u explain in detail what u did with your Tesla rom to be good as it is

(all tweaks, SETTINGS, loopness, .....)

i'm rady to try it again

Edited by jugoslav

Guest kyan31
Can u explain in detail what u did with your Tesla rom to be good as it is

(all tweaks, SETTINGS, loopness, .....)

i'm rady to try it again

Just do everything I said before, overclock a little to 1119Mhz and have fun (hopefully).

Guest jugoslav

do i need to flash LoopySmoothnessFIX.zip or not?

what does it do, inserts or deletes loopy Smoothness to init.d?

if it adds it then without flashing it i don't have loopy smoothness in init.d so no need to delete anything?

edit: i flashed it, and then deleted loopy smoothness

hope its ok

Edited by jugoslav

Guest crisdale

Hi Kyan..guys..can you help me out.. My phone just hanged up after i updated the PicsArt studio app from playstore. I dont know if its the main reason but it happened just after updating the app. I cant turn off or restart my phone using the power button so i just removed the battery. Now it wont reboot and just stocked up on the Ascend logo...and after a while of waiting the CWM recovery will open by itself and from the bottom of the screen it will display these:

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log

E: Can't open/cache/recovery/log

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E: Can't open/cache/recovery/last_log

Please help :(

Edited by crisdale

Guest Tosty55

Hello, nice ROM.

I was wondering about the installation, when I install this ROM, does it delete the current ROM that I am using (official stock ICS), or is it possible to, if I ever need to for whatever reason, revert back to my original ROM (official stock ICS), or is it possible to have both, and I can get to choose which one to 'launch' when I get into the clockwork recovery?

I use my phone all day, for entertainment as well as business and work related stuff, like calling and receiving calls all day, and in a case that I find its difficult doing that with this ROM will I be able to go back to my original ROM that I was running?

Guest kyan31
Hello, nice ROM.

I was wondering about the installation, when I install this ROM, does it delete the current ROM that I am using (official stock ICS), or is it possible to, if I ever need to for whatever reason, revert back to my original ROM (official stock ICS), or is it possible to have both, and I can get to choose which one to 'launch' when I get into the clockwork recovery?

I use my phone all day, for entertainment as well as business and work related stuff, like calling and receiving calls all day, and in a case that I find its difficult doing that with this ROM will I be able to go back to my original ROM that I was running?

This isn't an application or a virtual box, this is a custom ROM so it completely replaces anything that was on the phone previously forever (unless you made a nandroid backup of the previous ROM).

Dual boot does not exist on our either so you can't switch between ROMs on the fly.

Guest Tosty55

This isn't an application or a virtual box, this is a custom ROM so it completely replaces anything that was on the phone previously forever (unless you made a nandroid backup of the previous ROM).

Dual boot does not exist on our either so you can't switch between ROMs on the fly.

Thanks man, guess I'll have to completely stick with the official ROM, since most ROM's have glitches and whatnot.

Guest kyan31
Hi Kyan..guys..can you help me out.. My phone just hanged up after i updated the PicsArt studio app from playstore. I dont know if its the main reason but it happened just after updating the app. I cant turn off or restart my phone using the power button so i just removed the battery. Now it wont reboot and just stocked up on the Ascend logo...and after a while of waiting the CWM recovery will open by itself and from the bottom of the screen it will display these:

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log

E: Can't open/cache/recovery/log

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E: Can't open/cache/recovery/last_log

Please help :(

This issue has occurred on many ROMs and many phones on the forum. You don't have a brick, but right now all you can do is restore using an update. app, an then unlock the bootloader, re-root, reinstall recovery, and then finally flash Tesla. As I said before, this isn't an issue with my ROM exactly, it seems to be possible on any ROM suggesting it's a bootloader problem (maybe?).

If you are stuck, PM me. Thanks.

Guest kyan31

Thanks man, guess I'll have to completely stick with the official ROM, since most ROM's have glitches and whatnot.

This ROM is based on stock so it shouldn't have any 'extra' bugs :blink:

Guest Tosty55

This ROM is based on stock so it shouldn't have any 'extra' bugs :blink:

I'm getting such a headache, ok right so based on stock, ok, I guess I could just try it, and if all goes wrong, which I suppose it should not, I can install the official stock ICS?

I'm not overly worried since Huawei have provided their own backup app, I have used it and it backups the files to your memory card, and the memory card does not get affected when installing a ROM or wiping data via CWM?

Since I've started talking about the backup thing, when I install this ROM, does the Huawei backup app still exist?, If yes, then I can just restore all my previous files and contacts?

Guest kyan31

I'm getting such a headache, ok right so based on stock, ok, I guess I could just try it, and if all goes wrong, which I suppose it should not, I can install the official stock ICS?

I'm not overly worried since Huawei have provided their own backup app, I have used it and it backups the files to your memory card, and the memory card does not get affected when installing a ROM or wiping data via CWM?

Since I've started talking about the backup thing, when I install this ROM, does the Huawei backup app still exist?, If yes, then I can just restore all my previous files and contacts?

Yes, if anything were to go wrong, you could go back to stock. There is a Huawei AllBackup flashable zip in the addons, you just flash it in CWM with no wipes. Your SD card does not get affected at all when installing ROMs, however there is a possibility the internal 2GB memory may be affected. If there is anything on that card, make a backup of the contents.