Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest blaster99999

Tillaz if you get chance could you have a look at the known 4.2.1 bug regarding the double text thread, when you text someone and you get a reply the reply message starts a second text thread, its well known bug and the vowney as this bug, also would love the circle battery mod , I've always preferred that , and I could list lots more but know your busy but if these bugs are easy fixes we would all like to see some patches.

Mailman just delivered my phone a few minutes ago. I was sent the all black version but I wanted the white and black version :angry:...ah well. Phone is very nice though.

Guest kieranswhite

Mailman just delivered my phone a few minutes ago. I was sent the all black version but I wanted the white and black version :angry:...ah well. Phone is very nice though.

If you dont mind me asking. When did you order the phone and what mail service did you use??

Guest bryfly

that's just where the problem is in the settings.apk, not had a look at it yet.

it could be a problem with there update or a problem when i have deodexed the settings.apk, not sure

Think it is their update, installed their latest update still got the same problem, went back to an earlier one and it is fine, better add again think it is!

Guest bryfly

Has anybody noticed that caller display does not show the person calling when they are in your phone book it just gives the number, or is it just mine?

Just cracked it , all my numbers are listed with the prefix +44, when I remove that and put the 0 back in front of the number then the identity of the caller comes up, guess I will have to take out the +44 on all my contacts, as I cannot see another way to do it......

Edited by bryfly

Guest Rico_89

All they had was the White/Black version when I purchased but I wanted the all black version so I'm going to buy the black cover from eBay, if you wan a white back cover then they only cost £3.89. http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Edited by Rico_89

Guest tillaz

Mailman just delivered my phone a few minutes ago. I was sent the all black version but I wanted the white and black version mad.gif...ah well. Phone is very nice though.

cool, any chance you could post some pictures of it? or a video? ether one would be great :) i'm tempted by an all black version.

If you dont mind me asking. When did you order the phone and what mail service did you use??

From merimobiles on the 12th. I used EMS mail service.

Edited by flym

All they had was the White/Black version when I purchased but I wanted the all black version so I'm going to buy the black cover from eBay, if you wan a white back cover then they only cost £3.89. http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

I just emailed merimobiles and pointed out their mistake. Maybe they'll send me a free white back cover. If not then I'll take your advice and get one from ebay.

cool, any chance you could post some pictures of it? or a video? ether one would be great :) i'm tempted by an all black version.

Sure, I'll post pics a bit later when time allows.

Here's what the all black version looks like. 1) Front at max brightness here. 2) Front at lowest brightness here. 3) Back cover here. 4) Top of phone here. 5) Side of phone here. 6) Screen off here. The back cover is a matte black-not shiny. The camera flash rattles a bit but I can live with it. I have the original protective film that came with the phone still on the screen; I just gently scratched the Chinese characters off with my nail and voila! Free screen protector.

Edited by flym

Guest ChrisPNE

I felt the same before I actually saw the device. I think the panda look is good.

Guest ChrisPNE

Tillaz if you get chance could you have a look at the known 4.2.1 bug regarding the double text thread, when you text someone and you get a reply the reply message starts a second text thread, its well known bug and the vowney as this bug, also would love the circle battery mod , I've always preferred that , and I could list lots more but know your busy but if these bugs are easy fixes we would all like to see some patches.

You can use this mod to get the circle battery. :)

Guest Rico_89

Here's what the all black version looks like. 1) Front at max brightness here. 2) Front at lowest brightness here. 3) Back cover here. 4) Top of phone here. 5) Side of phone here. 6) Screen off here. The back cover is a matte black-not shiny. The camera flash rattles a bit but I can live with it. I have the original protective film that came with the phone still on the screen; I just gently scratched the Chinese characters off with my nail and voila! Free screen protector.

I like the fact that Vowney have gone for a Matte finish, even the white back cover looks better for it. I really do not like that polished high gloss finish some of the manufacturers have chosen.

Guest bryfly

If you encounter this Chinese screen which I did somehow, the translation is below thanks to xiaognol

1,auto test

2,manual test,

3,single test

4,the log of test

5,debug the items of Test

6,erase emmc

7,Version info

8,reboot

post-946859-0-94994900-1371978763_thumb.

Guest bryfly

Been experimenting with the roms re the volume problem, note it has also been reported on the Vowney web site that Volume in audio profiles does not work on the latest update.

V5_4.2.zip date 20130427………....................................volume control ok…...no location on maps

Tillaz…….Vowney-V5-Flashable-Stock-Repack.zip….. ……….volume no good…….....location ok on maps

Tillaz…….Vowney-V5-Flashable-Stock-Repack-Gapps.zip……volume no good…….....location ok on maps

Guest Sere83

Did Tillaz Re-Upload the stripped down ROM?

Does any one know how to eneter engineering mode? Really need to boost my volume as its too low. I found a guide on how to do it for another MT6589 phone, but the first getting into engineering mode part doesn't seem to work...

If your problem is in call volume:

Engineer mode *#*#3646633#*#*

Increasing Volume for speaker

Audio

Normal Mode

Type Select Sph

Below is an example

Level 0 below the Value is 0 ~ 160 fill and then press the Set button to save

Level 1 below the Value is 0 ~ 160 fill out the 80 and then press the Set button to save

Level 2 below the Value is 0 ~ 160 fill 100 and then press the Set button to save

Level 3 below, the Value is 0 ~ 160 fill out the 128 and then press the Set button to save

Level 4 below, the Value is 0 ~ 160 fill 136 and then press the Set button to save

Level 5 below, the Value is 0 ~ 160 fill out the 148 and then press the Set button to save

Level 6 below, the Value is 0 ~ 160 fill out the 160 and then press the Set button to save

Also wanted to ask Tillaz......

Any idea why my 3G sometimes doesn't work properly? Like sometimes flicks over to 'E' when I know 3G/H is available or it shows 3G/H but apps don't load content properly and just hang. Other times it works totally fine.

Also does anyone know how to show your network name in the black bar? Mine doesnt show it

Edited by Sere83

If you encounter this Chinese screen which I did somehow, the translation is below thanks to xiaognol

1,auto test

2,manual test,

3,single test

4,the log of test

5,debug the items of Test

6,erase emmc

7,Version info

8,reboot

post-946859-0-94994900-1371978763_thumb.

So that's what that meant.....I didn't know how to get out of it so I ended up removing the battery.

Guest ChrisPNE
Even at the lowest setting the display brightness is blinding at night.

There are third party apps in the Play Store that will allow you to lower it more. Search 'screen adjuster'.

There are third party apps in the Play Store that will allow you to lower it more. Search 'screen adjuster'.

Thanks! that helped immensely